Bullpup Mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

playdohlord

I hate to post a new thread just to ask a simple question, but does anyone have a detailed diagram or picture of the internal mechanism of a battery-powered, bullpup-style airsoft rifle?

It couldn't be simpler on a P90.

JPp1f.jpg

See the black wire that's shaped kind of like a bottle? That is connected to the trigger and runs back to the gearbox. When you pull the trigger, it pushes the wire backwards and causes the gearbox to fire. It's purely mechanical and probably different for every bullpup.

It couldn't be simpler on a P90.

JPp1f.jpg

See the black wire that's shaped kind of like a bottle? That is connected to the trigger and runs back to the gearbox. When you pull the trigger, it pushes the wire backwards and causes the gearbox to fire. It's purely mechanical and probably different for every bullpup.

I've always been fascinated with the internals of weapons like P90's and G11's

Zat's right, all bullpup style guns use a similar mechanical mechinism, whether its a wire or a bar of some shape...

here is the manual for the famas, look at page 14.
http://www.nazarian.no/images/wep/461_MAS_223_en_manual.pdf

Hope this helps

Chris

It was quite an interesting read, but, I digress, I am looking more for the workings of an Airsoft rifle...planning on making my DMR into a functioning Airsoft rifle when construction is done.

It might be easier if you purchase a working gun and transfer the guts. You could try the Famas, or L85, P90, they all have similar mechboxes. Or, you could purchase the mechboxes seperately L85, P90, If you decide to go this route dont forget to get the Hop-up unit.

as for the inner workings, Youtube is awesome...
v2 Mechbox animation

Chris

:facepalm: i really should've checked youtube before posting this...coulda had a v8, thanks Chris!
The gearboxes make sense now. the reason I asked was that my friend had an old M4 kind, and I think with a bit of work, I can convert it's gearbox to work in a bullpup configuration...maybe. It's definitely going to take some doing

Cheers,

playdohlord

Lol... you confused my wife with the v8 comment... No problem, thats what we're here for right, to help others. By the way, which gun are you trying to make?

I would Highly recomend NOT useing a v2 mechbox, if you think that mechbox will work best then look into the v3 mechboxes, the only differance is the motor is in its own case attached to the mech box were as the v2 mechboxes the motor is held seperatly by the pistol grip.

Chris

Going to see if I can't make my (in-prog) DMR into an airsoft rifle...a FAMAS design seems like it would fit the bill nicely

hmm... I was hopeing you wouldnt say a human weapon... This is not meant to discourage you but I took a look at the AR, BR, and DMR... realisticly they dont have the space you would need to put any version mechbox behind the mag... but if you do it just right, then maybe you could hide a full auto gas pistol like the M93R in the pistol grip and use short mags to keep it hidden.
You could also do but is probobly not one of your options is take a bolt action sniper rifle assembly and see if that will fit.
Just a thought

Chris

looking at my DMR thus far...there may be barely (and that is a very large amount of barely) enough space in the stock to contain a gearbox if the magazine is in the very front of the DMR's "mag"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back