Scary thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdCasey143

These sentinels will supplement your combat systems, but I suggest you upgrade to at least a class-12 combat skin; your current model only scans as a class-2, which is ill-suited for this kind of work.
--343 Guilty Spark, Halo: Combat Evolved, The Library​

In case you didn't catch it, the Monitor was talking about your MJOLNIR Mk V (aka the single most advanced piece of military technology in human history, of which fewer than 75 were ever made) needing to be six times more powerful just to be used for protection as you (to the Monitor's way of thinking) basically walk right past the Flood and activate Halo.

Now notice the words "at least," which would indicate that this obscenely powerful suit of armor is the bare minimum recommended. In more comprehensible terms, Guilty Spark is telling you that you really should put on a bulletproof vest, as that leather tunic you've got on isnt going to do much. Now, I don't know about you, but if I was in a suit of Mk V, and I heard that I was wearing the equivalent of a leather tunic, then even if I upgraded to a chainmail shirt (MJOLNIR Mk VII), I wouldn't want to go anywhere near a bunch of angry SEALs and Green Berets outfitted on the same scale.

One more thing: we learn in Halo: Cryptum (and from common sense as we look at their architecture) that Forerunners are bleeping huge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back