Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crutches are known for using Ball Catches as well. I had no idea closets used them.
Holy crap! You are right. I wish I thought of that sooner. Pretty much any kind of product with an expanding pipe has those. I think those would have been much easier to find than what I was looking for. I had to special order mine from the UK. Very pricey.

Holy crap! You are right. I wish I thought of that sooner. Pretty much any kind of product with an expanding pipe has those. I think those would have been much easier to find than what I was looking for. I had to special order mine from the UK. Very pricey.

Any chance you could post a sketch of how you plan on implementing them?
I see your premade parts, and then I see the strips of metal and obviously the ball catches, I'm curious as to how it is all going to fit together.

you should send one to 343 and tell them the next time they need some guns call you up and ask about them.
Funny you should mention that....

I can finally let the cat out of the bag. Microsoft contracted me to make a few of my guns for them to use at SDCC. They have a photo booth for people to take pictures at, and needed weapons for people to pose with.

102_4218_zps52b1cbdf.jpg

102_4221_zpsda31be61.jpg

102_4220_zpsf6d51de9.jpg

102_4219_zps232e0a8a.jpg

102_4222_zps33d6ce70.jpg

2 of each gun. They specifically requested the SMG, which I didn't have. I normally don't do custom orders like this, especially not on very short notice. But for Microsoft, I am very willing to bend over backwards.

So, if anyone is at SDCC this week, please stop by the Xbox Lounge at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and see my guns, and a few other props from Stony Props.

I'm sad to hear that you don't do custom/commission build orders haha. I would love to have a supressed SMG from you someday. Your airbrush skills are amazing. Keep up the good work! I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you working with WETA Workshop or in the prop department in some big name movie studio!

Wow. These are amazing. Well, I guess you kinda do this as a living so fair enough, you have plenty of experience. Sooner or later, you'll be able to live off selling these xD I look forward to buying some from you. :)

Thank you all so much. It has been a huge honor to work for them.
I'm sad to hear that you don't do custom/commission build orders haha. I would love to have a supressed SMG from you someday. Your airbrush skills are amazing. Keep up the good work! I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you working with WETA Workshop or in the prop department in some big name movie studio!
I actually do want to make a suppressed SMG. It will most likely be after Dragon Con.
Also, I would love to work for a major studio like that one day.
Wow. These are amazing. Well, I guess you kinda do this as a living so fair enough, you have plenty of experience. Sooner or later, you'll be able to live off selling these xD I look forward to buying some from you. :)
I actually don't do this full time. It's always been a hobby, but only recently has it become kind of a part time job. Mostly it just funds itself. lol

I actually don't do this full time. It's always been a hobby, but only recently has it become kind of a part time job. Mostly it just funds itself. lol

Amen to that. I've crunched the numbers on doing this as a full business. For starters, my Spartan Laser would needed to have been a commission over $30,000 if I were paid a decent hourly rate for what I put into it. I know exactly why some of Harrison Krix's Volpin commissions are very far over $10K and why his kits are $700 for a needler. I guarantee he's not getting filthy rich at that rate either because of the number of hours each job (including casting) take. At best, you and some of the other guys with top-quality prop castings are covering the cost of materials and tools for your next builds--certainly not your time.

As always, beautiful work.

Redshirt

Amen to that. I've crunched the numbers on doing this as a full business. For starters, my Spartan Laser would needed to have been a commission over $30,000 if I were paid a decent hourly rate for what I put into it. I know exactly why some of Harrison Krix's Volpin commissions are very far over $10K and why his kits are $700 for a needler. I guarantee he's not getting filthy rich at that rate either because of the number of hours each job (including casting) take. At best, you and some of the other guys with top-quality prop castings are covering the cost of materials and tools for your next builds--certainly not your time.

As always, beautiful work.

Redshirt

30k for one laser red it took you 3 years on and off just two make one plus theirs a local guy that does this as a job but he does all kinds of stuff from spider man to ghost busters, I mean a tron light dice is 1k.

Doing this full time is still not a profitable option yet. Maybe someday....

Now that I have mastered the art of airbrushing, I felt that my pistol was no longer up to par. So I decided to do a repaint.

102_4231_zps1fb59293.jpg

102_4233_zps7ea2c0df.jpg

102_4232_zps8c12aa67.jpg

102_4234_zps96112df8.jpg

I am very pleased with the results. I am thinking that I will also need to do a repaint on my assault rifle, but that will have to wait. Now the crunch for Dragon Con begins. Its time to get back to work on my suit, and get it perfected.

Dang man, looks awesome!

Wish I coulda had you paint mine! :)

I should have my right up on it in the next couple days posted, finally :)

So I was looking at a Walther P38 in SolidWorks the other week, and it has this piece of metal that sticks out just above the hammer and it is known as the "cartridge indicator"
It is spring loaded and it seems as though when the slide resets and brings a bullet into the chamber, the Cartridge Indicator presses up against the bullet in the chamber, and it will stick out further over the hammer if there is a bullet in the chamber. It is spring loaded, so when there is no bullet, it sits further inside the gun, indicating there is no bullet.

I bring this up because I thought it looked interestingly a lot like the Two Yellow Dots on the back of the M6-Series in Halo, and I thought that perhaps they might be one and the same even though the M6 has two spots in the back rather than just the 1 that the P38 had.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you are a gun expert, but you are definitely a prop expert, so I didn't know if you might know anything about it, but I certainly wanted to ask and see if you thought that those yellow dots on the back might actually serve a purpose as being a cartridge indicator.

I've been considering on trying to make a non-firing M6G/H prop replica that has all the moving parts associated with an actual firearm which is why I am curious.
I might make it fire airsoft pellets, but I want to get the other things worked out first.

I would guess that the M6 is a Double Action since we can't ever see the hammer.

I believe the two yellow dots are part of the sight. They glow in the dark, and there is one on the front tip of the gun (covered by the large hump on this Halo variant). You aim the gun by centering the front dot between the two back dots. My girlfriend's Glock has the same thing. On the Halo pistols, the red rectangle below the two yellow dots is the spring loaded indicator you are referring to.
Source: I was reading about the M6C/SOCOM on halopedia yesterday.

I believe the two yellow dots are part of the sight. They glow in the dark, and there is one on the front tip of the gun (covered by the large hump on this Halo variant). You aim the gun by centering the front dot between the two back dots. My girlfriend's Glock has the same thing. On the Halo pistols, the red rectangle below the two yellow dots is the spring loaded indicator you are referring to.
Source: I was reading about the M6C/SOCOM on halopedia yesterday.
You are correct.

I'm not a gun expert, but I understand how they work. The Walther P99 does the same thing.

Could you please PM me with cost details on your Assault rifle? Btw, whenever you get the Sniper rifle on the roll... I'm going to explode... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back