Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice! HOW MUCH
PM sent

Well I got the roto caster up and running. It took me forever to find the parts, but I got it working great. Then I ran into another problem. :( My molds are not the ideal shape for rotocasting. They are long and odd shaped. But I spent most of the day figuring out how to cast each part hollow successfully. I needed to make a second mold part for one of them, and that should be ready to try out in the morning. Hopefully by the end of the day I should have everything all worked out and ready to go.

I should also get a huge shipment of casting resin tomorrow. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what it is for? :D

Thank you both.

Here's what I've been doing for the past few days.

102_3704.jpg

And here's my graveyard. :(
102_3705.jpg

I should have shipping priced out tomorrow. Then everything will be good to go.

Very nice! Do I see some silver flake in a few of those pieces?

How did the graveyard happen?
Yes. I did add some silver powder to some of the parts. I didn't do it to the front grip and the butt, as those parts er supposed to be a grey color when finished.
The graveyard was the resulsts of me not really knowing what I was doing when I first started to do some test pulls. They are mostly warped, or not evenly cast. I didn't feel they were good enough to sell. I expected to have some bad pulls though going into this.
are you going to sell the graveyard? And what exactly is wrong with them?
I might eventually offer some of the parts, but that probably won't be for a while. They are warped pretty bad, or very thin walled, or have way too many imperfections in the surface.

But I did get all of the problems worked out, and production is moving forward quite well. So far there have been no more problems with the casting.

Next is to work on making the display for the ammo counter. And possibly get my copy finished and painted. Hopefully I will have something new to post later this week.

Hi Justinian 117,

I am utterly flabbergasted at your acomplishments here! Congratulations from the deepest parts of my soul. It's an incredible MA5C. Dang... it looks like the best one out there so far!

I tried to PM you but your inbox is saturated. Would you be so kind as to PM me? I'd like to discuss something with you. Privatly off course.

Amazing work, Justinian! By the looks of that awesome AR, you're going to have a pretty darn sick armory once the rest of the UNSC weapons are done.

Just received one of these bad boys in the mail today and I can vouch for the quality of the casts. If you are looking at this thread or his classified posting and are debating if you want to get one take my advice: get one.

Well done Justin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received one of these bad boys in the mail today and I can vouch for the quality of the casts. If you are looking at this thread or his classified posting and are debating if you want to get one take my advice: get one.

Well done Justin!

Whoa!!! I had to squint just to read this, man that's bright! Yes, Justin is a master at his trade. Great work buddy! :D

Sorry I missed your responses guys.

Amazing work, Justinian! By the looks of that awesome AR, you're going to have a pretty darn sick armory once the rest of the UNSC weapons are done.
Thank you. I've always wanted to have a big Halo armory, and I finally decided to start on it.

Well done Justin!
Thanks buddy. Glad to hear you liked it. Post up some pictures once you get it finished.

Whoa!!! I had to squint just to read this, man that's bright! Yes, Justin is a master at his trade. Great work buddy! :D
I wouldn't say I'm a master... yet. I think Tactonyx still has me beat. lol

I finally had time to make some progress on finishing up my rifle. I cut out all of the sections to run the wires through.

102_3707.jpg

102_3708.jpg

102_3709.jpg

102_3710.jpg

102_3711.jpg

102_3713.jpg

102_3714.jpg

102_3715.jpg

102_3716.jpg

102_3717.jpg

And I started to paint tonight. Here is a little teaser.
102_3718.jpg

Well here is the first draft of the paint scheme.

102_3719.jpg

102_3721.jpg

There were a few parts that need to be a darker gunmetal, but other than that I am pretty pleased. I'll repaint a few parts later today, and then it should be ready for weathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back