Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess leading up to Dragon Con, this thread got a little neglected. Here are a few shots.

DC141_zps02dc92c3.jpg

DC142_zps159df56f.jpg

I have gotten many requests to do the ODST SMG. So over the past 2 days I have been working on this. I turned these parts on the lathe. I am becoming very fond of this tool.
102_4269_zpsa2d46c28.jpg

Then I spent a few hours and laser cut the parts to make the other attachments.
102_4270_zps68dae25b.jpg

Here is everything put together and in primer.
102_4271_zpsb9e63812.jpg

102_4272_zps8db6a535.jpg

I should be able to wrap these up and mold them pretty soon.

Thanks for looking.

I cant believe it that ive just stumbled upon your thread -___-' Anyway outstanding job on everything!!! Your work on the SMGs had inspired me to make my own within the next month or so. It'll be made out of wood, with a priming mechanism, removable clip, working trigger which make the front part of the SMG 'vibrate' as if it was actually firing and also and adjustable stock. I might consider using your way of the ball catch mech to keep the stock in place. This all got me so hyped! Was just wondering, is it okay if i use your blueprints just for personal use? Once again, astounding job on everything and keep it up!!!

Well life got a bit crazy over the past few months, but I have been managing to work on the ODST SMG little by little.

Here is a dry fit to make sure that the new parts would fit on the existing SMG kit.
photo5_zps2861fe4d.jpg

Once everythiung was perfect, I molded them. Here are all of the components of the ODST SMG kit.
IMG_0918_zpsddfc47f0.jpg

Then I painted one for myself.
photo2_zps892932bc.jpg

IMG_0914_zpsb3d8de27.jpg

IMG_0915_zpsbe6d25f4.jpg

IMG_0917_zpsc776a29a.jpg

IMG_0916_zpsa3f9f427.jpg

Then it was time to start mass producing for my secret army.
IMG_0913_zps49e0b9e6.jpg

I am super pleased with the way it turned out. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon, so I can do a decent photo shoot with it.

Thanks for looking.

Oh my! Those are beautiful. I forgot how good that suit looks too. The gold shimmer effect is outstanding.

Redshirt

I just got some of Justin's casts and have to say they are the best I have seen. Top quality work and a great guy to deal with...
Now I have to get my casting skills up to his level.
Keep up the good work..

Oh my! Those are beautiful. I forgot how good that suit looks too. The gold shimmer effect is outstanding.

Redshirt
Thanks. I'm not as happy with the suit as I am the weapons, but I do really love the color. lol

I just got some of Justin's casts and have to say they are the best I have seen. Top quality work and a great guy to deal with...
Now I have to get my casting skills up to his level.
Keep up the good work..
Thanks buddy! Your work was an inspiration for me to get started.

My old assault rifle molds finally got worn out. I decided to make a new mold with it as one solid piece.
IMG_1020_zps418f8f90.jpg

Casting them in sections was very time consuming, and once put together, it was not very durable. This new mold is cast with resin, and then filled with an expanding foam. Much more durable. The only downside is that it no longer works with electronics. I made up for it with adding laser engraved screens and power buttons. Once painted it looks just as good.

FullSizeRender1_zps53b37861.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps674d176c.jpg

IMG_1017_zps1477c69f.jpg

I really like the way this one turned out. It looks great up close, and from a distance, it looks like it has working electronics.

Wow, that looks really crisp. Beautiful paint work. I really like the weathering--more precisely, I like that it isn't over weathered. There are just enough highlights to bring out the details very well.

Redshirt

I totally agree Red! I have the privilege of owning several different things made by Justin, and I must say that everything he does is top notch. His attention to detail and mold making skills are quickly pushing him up there with the best in the business. Another awesome piece Justin! I look forward to owning one of these soon! :D

Thank you both. I was never 100% happy with the first rifle, but I am now. It's all a learning experience, and I am more than happy to share it with others, weather it is to help with inspiration, or to show them what not to do. lol

I hope to be starting a new weapon very soon....

Some fantastic work, as always! The level of crisp detail is very impressive and I agree with the rest, awesome job on the painting. Keep up the great work!

man I look at yours and go why doesn't he shoot weekend halo movies like dft.
I wish I had the time to do weekend movies. I definitely have enough Halo gear to outfit a squad. lol But with 2 full time jobs and a family with a newborn, I have no time for any projects like that. I would love to eventually do something though.
Some fantastic work, as always! The level of crisp detail is very impressive and I agree with the rest, awesome job on the painting. Keep up the great work!
Thanks.

In other news I still have a habit of getting carried away with a brand new mold.
IMG_0983_zpscvcxxmpp.jpg

Here is what a kit includes now.
IMG_1020_zps418f8f90.jpg

Message me for ordering details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back