Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTINIAN 117

For a while, I have been wanting to make all of the weapons (or at least most of them) from the UNSC arsenal. To help keep things less cluttered I will use this thread for all of them. The first few posts will be reserved for the final of each weapon. I will be making them all from scratch and accurate to the highest detail possible.

Enjoy the ride...

Reserved for MA5C Assault Rifle.

Progress starts on page 1. FInished on page 5 and page 11.

FullSizeRender1_zps53b37861.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps674d176c.jpg

IMG_1017_zps1477c69f.jpg

102_3764_zpsf02786fd.jpg

102_3766_zpsbc3f9579.jpg

102_3765_zpsf02ed3d5.jpg

The first weapon I will make is the MA5C Assault Rifle. The Halo 3 version.

I started out with a pep file as a reference.
102_3628.jpg

I thought that it wasn't quite accurate enough, and I also wasn't satisfied with any of the other blueprint drawing. So I made my own.
MA5C.jpg

It is the most accurate one out there now. I made this strait from a game reference image, so it is 100% accurate.

I am hoping to start cutting this out later this week.

i made my AR by cnc'ing the two halfs in polyurethane foam and then vacuuformed,
I made sure i made it a cm higher so i just had to cut a cm off of both halfs en then i glued them together with resin or epoxy.
and tadaam, easy and durable AR :p

I don't have access to a laser cutter. I would eventually like to have one. I do however have a laser cutter. I will be using that to cut out layers of different thickness plastic, and then routing the edges to round and angle some of the edges. Then some Bondo on a few parts, and then laser engraving all of the little detail.

This is going to be a cool thread, I seen your previous work and I already know these weapons will be a work of art

I don't have access to a laser cutter. I would eventually like to have one. I do however have a laser cutter. I will be using that to cut out layers of different thickness plastic, and then routing the edges to round and angle some of the edges. Then some Bondo on a few parts, and then laser engraving all of the little detail.

you mean a cnc drill?

lol. I said that wrong. I don't have a CNC. I do have a laser cutter.

I will be making it sliced, but it won't be pepakura. It is vector based to work with a graphics program, and the laser.

Well I have finally had the time to start cutting out the parts. Here is the main body and the butt.
102_3635.jpg

I have already routed the edges on those parts. I will cut the rest out tomorrow, and hopefully get it done in time for Dragon Con.

So I completely forgot to post this up before Dragon Con. I did get it finished it time. Here it is:

Here is everything all cut out, and routed.

102_3636.jpg

I also got an electronics kit, thanks to thatdecade and jlhr2.
102_3637.jpg

I built each section.
102_3638.jpg

Here it is all painted and electronics installed.

102_3640.jpg

102_3642.jpg

I built and finished this all on Friday, and loved how light it was at Dragon Con.

Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back