My first pep build - Recon Helmet (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostDude

This is my first ever pepakura project. I wanted to make a helmet and out of what I saw in Halo Costuming Wiki, I thought this recon helmet was a good beginner build.
It took me a couple days to finish but here it is finished.
image.jpg

It wasn't the first time I used resin so adding 3 coats on was simple enough. Although I did have to trim off some parts in the bottom so my head can fit it. Not that noticeable.:cool
image.jpg

Added the fiberglass and rondo on the inside. You can see the trimming I had to do so I can get my head in, also I did cut off the eye part that was going in the helmet.
Got a little messy with the rondo but at least it's on the inside where it won't be seen.:p
image.jpg

Now the bondo, this is where I am currently at with the helmet. Taking it slow and working by sections, a bit time consuming but hoping it leaves me with something clean.
Once I get the general area covered, then I can try to do details.
DSC02691.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

All this was done over a couple of months and during that time I did start on an ODST project which would be my second pep build. I'll be posting that on another thread.
I was jumping in between each project but recently I started putting all my focus on this helmet, would like to get it finished in time for the Halo 4 launch. Hopefully I can do it.

Good job! Though I don't think fiberglass and rondo are both necessary for the inside, jus one will do. Good luck.

-Seth

Both rondo and glass is actually a good idea for a helmet (IMO), but the rondo should come first, followed by the glass. That way, all the tiny little details that exist will be filled and hardened by the rondo. The only downfall is that it makes the helmet a bit heavy. I've done this to two helmets, my ODST and my MK VI. My ODST I did the glass first, and there are air pockets that revealed themselves while I was working on finishing the helmet. In my Mi VI helmet, the rondo was added first, and I had no problems finishing it.

Thanks guys. I was just excited to work on this being my first helmet that I didn't really think it though. Hopefully It doesn't come around to bite me later.

damn man that looks sick!
keep up the good work, i want to see this finished!
are you gonna have custom armor?

dang this is a very good for a first build!!! keep up the great work man and cant wait to see some more progress :)

damn man that looks sick!
keep up the good work, i want to see this finished!
are you gonna have custom armor?
Thank you, Im doing this just for the helmet and to be a good display piece in my room.
While making this I did start on making an ODST armor, been going back and forth between each project.

dang this is a very good for a first build!!! keep up the great work man and cant wait to see some more progress :)
Definitely looks good. Awesome start! Keep it up.
Thanks guys! Been getting more confidence and motivation to work on this because of all you guys here on the 405th.:cool

HI i am trying to make this exact helmet but i am not sure how to size it? what are the sizes that you used based on your measurements?

Nice! I just finished cutting out my RECON, and I'm in the process of gluing. Your bucket is something I aspire to achieve! Thanks for posting!

*EDIT*

Are you going to add the attachment piece to the top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back