Reach Spartan foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKEX6

This is my first armor build, most of the parts are foam but I ended up doing some out of pepakura and resin

Chest
DSC00512_zpsdc042a2a.jpg

DSC00514_zps4cf3c5d4.jpg

DSC00516_zps7aaa269a.jpg

Shoulders: CQC
DSC00520_zpse236d1c0.jpg

DSC00519_zpscd152fb8.jpg

Thighs: Default
DSC00523_zps3e74e8d8.jpg

DSC00525_zps0ffd18e0.jpg

Shin:FJ Para, Handplate and Forearm:Default

I forgot to take a picture of the second shin that I made afterwards. Forearm and handplate are to be vacuum formed for the second arm.

019_zps55a4fa76.jpg

Cod peice I quickly threw together the day I plasti dipped

015_zps697360cf.jpg

018_zps32539844.jpg

Time was running out for me to make my dead line for the Toronto Fan Expo and my security helmet was not near ready....so I did something im not proud of. I had to rip apart a halo 3 legendary helmet and put it back together in order for it to be wearable I quickly painted and vac formed a visor so i could have a bucket to go with my armor

DSC00537_zps9953bbe8.jpg

After painting the armor, tinting the visor and tying up loose ends the armor was ready for Fan Expo
DSC00539_zps3c1d2a0a.jpg

DSC00540_zps2d879497.jpg

DSC00541_zps4801e994.jpg

I apologize for some of the poorly taken photos the build was rushed in order to make the deadline. Again this is my first build so im new to posting I had to eliminate 20 photos because it would only let me post 15 if there`s a way around this id like to know.

Id also like to thank all the awesome Guys and Girls who spend their time modeling and unfolding pep files for us all.

So thats it, lemme know what you guys think.

Looks pretty good. If you wanted to go back and refine some things on your parts, you can use craft foam (foamies, silly winks stuff that is 3mm thick) to cover the outside of the parts to make them look smooth. There are also some tuts out there about using caulk and /or silicone to fill gaps in foam pieces. Don't get me wrong, your build looks good. It's just a suggestion should you want to go back and refine the base that you have, because you said that you rushed through the build to make your deadline.

As far as getting around the whole 15 photo limit. If you know you have a lot of photos to post, try not to use smilies. They count as a photo /pic too. The only way to put in more photos is to double-post and continue your previous thread entry in a new one with your remaining photos. Double-posting is somewhat frowned upon, because they don't want you boosting your thread and post count. However, I think that if you're double-posting to show your progress because you have a lot of photos to show the community, the mods and admin would be somewhat receptive to that type of double-post instead of slamming you for doing it. Otherwise, you could make a collage in paint or something with multiple photos on it and then upload that one to post and it would only count as one in your thread.

Again, good job thus far. I feel ya on the whole deadline thing and I look forward to what you may do with this build to improve it. Hope this helps.

Yeah I used foamies on some parts of the build but never thought of going over the armor peices with it, and I will definitely fill the seams and edges with silicone and give it a repaint. Thanks for the feedback.

looks pretty awesome man, I have to be honest as i started reading this i thought the paint job might not be so impressive based on the texture of the foam but it looks really good!
nice work :)

Yeah I had the same concern when I started the build but It was the only eva foam I could find in stores at the time so I just used it. Thanks

How big is the Halo 3 Legendary helmet. I'm sort of in a crunch my self. I've got the templates to make the armor but no helmet. My head size is 23 inches around. If I have to, I may resort to the same thing. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd probably have no choice. I'm operating on a shoe string budget, and the helmet seems to be the most expensive thing.

My head is about 24-25 inches around and the only problem the helmet has fitting me is my chin doesn't have much or any room between it and the chin of the helmet. With my mouth closed my head is about 9 inches from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head if you're head is more than 9 inches in height you'll likely be very uncomfortable in the helmet, otherwise proper disassemble, reassembly and some modifications will allow it to be wearable. Hope this helps and good luck on making your deadline.

My head is about 24-25 inches around and the only problem the helmet has fitting me is my chin doesn't have much or any room between it and the chin of the helmet. With my mouth closed my head is about 9 inches from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head if you're head is more than 9 inches in height you'll likely be very uncomfortable in the helmet, otherwise proper disassemble, reassembly and some modifications will allow it to be wearable. Hope this helps and good luck on making your deadline.

Thanks for the info dude. I just did a measurement and learned that my head is 10 1/2 inches high from the bottom of my chin, so hacking up my Legendary helmet is a no-go. My fall back plan is to by a dirt bike helmet and customize it to look like the Mark V A helmet from Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back