Halo 4 build in 37days -FINISHED-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man I'm a big halo fan but not die hards like most of you guys. I just love building suits of all kinds

i forgot to say,
thanks to all the people who supplied the files and all the members for there nice comments that helped me when i was down.
thanks guys for helping me finish this in time

Daniel.

Sorry if I'm resurrecting this thread unnecessarily, but I was wondering what the visibility is like out of your visor? It's absolutely amazing looking, and I'm just wondering if the chrome coating demolishes your ability to see lol. Also was it difficult to get it right or was it a simple one time deal?

Thanks and excellent work! I can barely pep a helmet in two weeks so its jaw dropping that you can turn out an entire suit in 37 days lol

Cheers!
-Drew

Sorry if I'm resurrecting this thread unnecessarily, but I was wondering what the visibility is like out of your visor? It's absolutely amazing looking, and I'm just wondering if the chrome coating demolishes your ability to see lol. Also was it difficult to get it right or was it a simple one time deal?

Thanks and excellent work! I can barely pep a helmet in two weeks so its jaw dropping that you can turn out an entire suit in 37 days lol

Cheers!
-Drew

It ok, everyone likes it when someone comments on there thread. The mirror chrome on the visor is alclad airbrush. The airbrush is a lot easier then a spray can. I sprayed the whole visor then kept checking till i wasn't able to see in and got a reflective look. here
If you scroll down a bit you will see an example of what it lookers like from the inside, but mine is more clearer then his
In that pic because he piled on too thick in That's why there is a black cloud.
Hope this helps
Daniel

It ok, everyone likes it when someone comments on there thread. The mirror chrome on the visor is alclad airbrush. The airbrush is a lot easier then a spray can. I sprayed the whole visor then kept checking till i wasn't able to see in and got a reflective look. here
If you scroll down a bit you will see an example of what it lookers like from the inside, but mine is more clearer then his
In that pic because he piled on too thick in That's why there is a black cloud.
Hope this helps
Daniel

Thanks for the link! Glad the alclad works out nicely, have you noticed any issues with the longevity of the chrome layer once you got it to stick properly?

-Drew

(done in a Snagglepuss voice): Look incredible....inspirational even....quick question though, what file did you use for the cod piece and what file did you do to make the shoulder pieces

Exit stage left! Lol I am amazed at the quality of this in such a short time frame too! Where did you find the time?

It,s very simple... He paused time! So in reality it was more like 37 seconds with room for sleep. Being as I'm the exact opposite when it comes to time frames I just look at this like it were a miracle done. Great Job Xtremenoob!

Thanks for all the comments guys without the 405ths help I couldn't of got this ready in time!!!

Thanks for the link! Glad the alclad works out nicely, have you noticed any issues with the longevity of the chrome layer once you got it to stick properly?

-Drew

well so far the chrome has lasted a while but does scratch off and rub off, if you do get dust on it I very lightly rub it off with a cottonball. But other then that it works fine. I'm looking around for a clear cote that doesn't effect the reflectivity of the chrome so you would be able to touch the visor accidentally and it won't come off.but untill then it's in a dust free zone till the next dawn

(done in a Snagglepuss voice): Look incredible....inspirational even....quick question though, what file did you use for the cod piece and what file did you do to make the shoulder pieces

I use the one supplied here

Exit stage left! Lol I am amazed at the quality of this in such a short time frame too! Where did you find the time?

I had a full 37 day till the release when it came down to the final week I remembered I stayed up for 36hr straight working on it, hardly had any sleep that week lol but hey with out every hour I couldn't of got it finished

Yeah I'm glad how it turned out, I would of loved vacuume forming the visor to look like the game but I ran out of time ;( on my to do list :p

Ok...thanks for the reply...found what I needed and am now VERY EXCITED...already finised pepping the chest piece (3 days) :)....starting out this whole thing for next halloween...however I am finding the helmet to be a little too challenging for me so I will be reverting back to the MK VI helmet for my costume. I am also reverting back to the Mk VI gauntlets (find them to be a little easier to work with an I like the style...not as blocky

Speaking of the visor...how did you do that? I want one... :D

Hi,
I bought one of these visors off eBay click here, then I got some alclad mirror chrome and sprayed the inside giving the reflective look. A negative honeycomb stencile was then placed on the out side and a light coat and removed the stickers giving the effect on the visor

Since i have finished this i decided to make a better version and using foam so buckle up and enjoy the pics of what ive done so far
13ae70944bc696c07bb9847980e4f6e5_zps6b32763d.jpg
565868c98e281ca44089794e9ee13573_zpsa21c310e.jpg
0e7d3122f770ee269fb459c8488f7b7a_zpsd33fd139.jpg
4194ae0791cc2281719102637bb184b2_zpsf128d6ee.jpg
16dac976fb9d47bbd952cd12ab70be28_zps1fc44a5a.jpg
35689d154f8a512716e63cc7bcf54113_zps61167b39.jpg
0ada10dac4723aa52df21ac12ddffdd1_zpsabe55140.jpg
a73c8376a063ef7484d542c262179f35_zps38f2a923.jpg
5297da0dd2750f029201678a62b29d0d_zps9c029f33.jpg
061bc5d707092bd7535b5d851249e91c_zps4496723a.jpg
84be14c36742e10baaa4aa055c8b2159_zpsc5e1d15d.jpg
93b0ce47527f20d5a073cc8e7a7e2f6d_zps99700e68.jpg
8a9354e2d9cd781c5c984c8813901849_zps4c808716.jpg

I have finished most of the details now and have to start working on the fine details
Im also redoing the helmet because mine wasnt accurate to the game and looks silly

Daniel

Well dang man you have been busy lol.
It looks great! Cant wait to see more pics of the details :)

I dont think the helmet looks silly so why i dont i just take it off your hands.... kay thanks bye....*walks away with helmet*
lol, look forward to seeing the new helmet too

Well dang man you have been busy lol.
It looks great! Cant wait to see more pics of the details :)

I dont think the helmet looks silly so why i dont i just take it off your hands.... kay thanks bye....*walks away with helmet*
lol, look forward to seeing the new helmet too

Lol thanks ill also be doing a halo 5 visor ( with the crack ) if it comes out like i planed ill do a tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back