Soft Parts Hanging ODST Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at making a harness for and ODST suit. Last time around I got a couple pieces done, then life happened. This time around I really want to start off with the under suit + harness so I can build out rather then in. And I have a time table, Halloween since I want to own the costume contest at my friends bar :cool.

Anyway, I've looked at a few of the in game ODST shots and have come up with a basic harness. I'm trying to keep the harness hidden under other stuff as to not be visible and keeping the "armor shake" down with some hidden snaps + rubber anti slide strips inside. I'd love to hear some critiques. The red will just be belting and will be made to fit a dtd.

Enter epic MSPaint skills:
th_Halo3_ODST-Romeo-harness.jpg

The shoulders will be mounted like a running band for a phone (around lower bicep). The ab plates will be mounted similar to a lifting belt or back support. The thigh plates will have connections to the belt and a knee brace with will have a snap/velcro and possibly some elastic to keep it from sliding around or maybe compression shorts.

I'm not sure on the shin but possibly it could be attached to the other side of the brace. Any critiques would be very helpful since time is tight.

For my SCA armor, I use a pair of tool-belt suspenders, attached to a belt. My steel legs hang off of the belt, the suspenders keep my legs from dragging down the belt. If you use something similar, you can add slide buckles to the suspenders to hang the chest and ab plates on. Run a small strap or a piece of cord from the thighs to the shins. Your plan for the shoulders is how I my H2 ODST shoulders are on, and they work pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back