Starting First Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyQball79

Jr Member
Well I finally finished my first piece I've ever attempted, it was a HD Mark VI forearm piece and well first time and all ever doing something like this, so a few mistakes and all. Started out using a glue stick and about half way finally got some super glue and major difference but to many mistakes with numbers sliding and some folding mistakes didn't help. I really don't think I have the nack for the HD pieces yet, cause those small intricate ones were making me mad enough to just crush it and give up, but had to finish and am now moving onto the standard piece right forearm. Will see how better job I do.
Anyone let me know what they think of the sizing? I did 300mm after adding a couple of cm to cover the elbow.

Not the best but is my first piece.
8052726968_9f0f6d1f68.jpg
[/url] Pep first one completed by GeekMundo, on Flickr[/IMG]
8052724742_905254e27b.jpg
[/url] first time Pep piece by GeekMundo, on Flickr[/IMG]
8052725614_376afe1429.jpg
[/url] Untitled by GeekMundo, on Flickr[/IMG]
8052726300_2a42dd0770.jpg
[/url] Pep piece first time by GeekMundo, on Flickr[/IMG]
8052726968_9f0f6d1f68.jpg
[/url] Pep first one completed by GeekMundo, on Flickr[/IMG]
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Starting my standard piece now.

Ok so I started using the standard files from RoboGenesis went much easier

8080382948_2b73cd55b8.jpg
Untitled by JonnyQball79, on Flickr

8080388055_6fbf72062c.jpg

8080386371_a70a4b9060.jpg

8080384719_213ce6ec31.jpg

Going to get started on the thigh pieces for now. After scaling down the standard piece I noticed I can't try it on cause my hand wont fit through the opening. I read that some people get this and cut slits in the opening after appling resin but I don't want to get that far just to find out it won't fit. Anyone have any ideas?

For now I think I'm going to stick with the standard pieces on the arms legs and cod piece cause every where I've read they take the most abuse, but I do want to do a high def piece for the chest and helmet.

sounds like a plan, and yeah those parts do take the most uses, but hey it's your frist suit once you get it done you could go but and do the rest of the HD pieces.

LoL fixed that. Yeah I just don't have that much time for HD pieces to do it paitently and trying to get something done by December or Feb or at least by the time ECCC 13 comes around.

Ok so got a little bit more done, got my right shin SD done, I know what you're saying but I want to try and get it done in time for my oldest Bday in Dec and having an off shift and 3 youngins don't give me the most time to work on it as I'd like. I have a question, anyone size the shin and it didn't fit their foot? Is this normal? Do I have to cut it like the forearm pieces? Any help would be great. I got the thigh pieces, right forearm and shin done, starting left shin now. Just thought I'd update and take comments and advice from you pros on here that are a big help and inspiration.

8134035516_5aa65bc059_n.jpg
[/url] Untitled by JonnyQball79, on Flickr[/IMG]

8088381336_57d93b0a92_n.jpg

8134036920_b81cb75636_n.jpg

8134038224_da70e7e4c0_n.jpg

Another question, anyone else using the scotch super glue liquid and find themselves gluing their fingers to the pieces? Are you guys using gloves and does it still happen?

You should always use gloves when you use any kind of chemicals. At least, that is my experience.

Nice looking pep there. Keep up the good work, brother.

Just something to keep in mind: most files are supposed to be game accurate. That means they're sized for a six and a half foot super soldier who never takes off his armor. Us mere mortals have to make do with padding some of the pieces and cutting holes in them. To get a sense of the size on the pieces you can't get on, hold them up next to your arm/leg/whatever and guesstimate. If it looks hopelessly too big or small, resize it. If not, resin it and dremel the openings until you can get you hand through. If you're not sure, carefully make some cuts to enlarge the hole. Be carefully though, as you might mess up your pep cutting like that without reinforcement.

So, after some time away from things I've actually decided to do a foam Halo 4 Mark VI build. The more I look at it the more I love it, kind of crazy because when I first saw it I hated it with a passion.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping can be answered. I am currently starting a H4 MK VII build and I found these files from KingRahl over at 4shared http://www.4shared.com/folder/f5KxjP...ates_Beta.html and I am wondering if anyone has used these or knows if they're legit or not, any better ones. Another thing is I don't know if I am over thinking this putting the pieces together because I started doing pep using paper, but I can not really tell how some of these foam pieces are suppose to fit together because of the way they look in Pep designer or viewer? It seems like some of the things left in just really didn't need to be cause they are covered by another piece right on top of them. Any help or ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back