Thank you, 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I was never really interested in the Halo universe other than the look of the armor.
I got started making one of the pep helmets and took to it rather quickly because of my previous experience with card modeling. I soon found that there were other props that I would like to have, but could not find any decent 3d models to make them in pep. This is when I decided "why not make it myself?" I googled my way to Milkshape3d and fell in love with the simplicity of the software. I had previously tried several free and paid 3d software titles, but they were filled to the brim with stuff I was never ever planning to use. The first model that I made was a sonic screwdriver, soon followed by some Star Wars 'greebles' for some existing props that I had made. I didn't really start getting into 3d modeling until I saw the movie poster for Iron Man. I soon scoured the interwebs searching for reference images so I could get started. The lack of reference images was frustrating me to no end until I saw a picture of an action figure. This was the best reference that I could come up with, so I started modeling the helmet, tweaking, modeling, tweaking, and then finally trashing it and starting over from scratch. Without the feedback and google-fu of some of the members of this forum, I would not have had the patience to learn this new skill that I now have in my arsenal. I have done my best to give back to the community of makers. I started charging a few bucks for my pep files, and that was ok, but it didn't feel right. Then, I started giving them away for free.
That felt good. I was only too happy to fill requests, and turn out reasonably accurate models rather quickly. I have learned so much about propmaking, 3d modeling, and I've made so many friends from all over the world. I can not thank this community enough for the experience that I have had.

And now, I must go.

To sleep. HAHA!! I tried leaving once, it's too hard to stay away. :cool

Thank you 405th.com, Thank you mods and admins past and present. Without you, this place would be full of spammers, flamers, and who knows what else.
You may not see me around very often, but when I am here, I will do my best to lend a hand if you need it. No, the other two MMPR helmets are still not done yet.

XD dude I was scared for a second, I was just goin through threads, and saw this and was like "cool, dung thanking the 40-....WAIT. Why?"
Love your models dude, would hate to see ya go! So thank you!

You devious son of a gun! You had us all going there for a second!

Thank you 405th.com, Thank you mods and admins past and present.
Amen to that. Without them, this place would be chaos - so my thanks also.

Here's to another decade of Halo, and another decade and beyond of armour building!
A toast, to the 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back