Grrr! We're freelancers! Red vs Blue WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I've seen the attachment you're looking for (the chest attachment). I can't seem to find it online at the moment, but I think I have it in my personal pep database. I'll check later on today after I get off work. If I do have it, I'll post it for you.

This is one exciting build already! You've done a lot of work and the quality is outstanding. Keep it up.

This is a very cool project, and those are some very good peps you guys have made! Are you going to act out some scenes from seasons 9 or 10? If so, you really should film it! And, if you do manage to get a hold of Scout chest piece file, could you share it with me, as I've been trying to find one for the longest time (I'm also going to build Meta's armor... He's pretty popular). But anyways, good luck for the rest of the build!

Finally, someone is actually doing an idea that i've had for ages but i haven't done anything about it because i don't have the resources and time to do it, i'm glad to see some other Australians on the 405th and if i see you at Goldcoast supanova 2013, i want to get a photo with all of you.

Great to see another aussie :) and a Doctor Who fan no less :D Supanova Gold Coast sounds awesome, see you there.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the attachment you're looking for (the chest attachment). I can't seem to find it online at the moment, but I think I have it in my personal pep database. I'll check later on today after I get off work. If I do have it, I'll post it for you.

That would be very, very much appreciated.

hey man this is awesome. I and a friend are doing a freelancer build as well. Right after Halo 4 I'm going to start on doing washington and i'll go on to do Maine and Carolina. This might help you out though if you havent found it already. http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

Thanks, yep the Index is a great resource, the scout chest is the only bit I'm missing though. Can't wait to see your progress on your own freelancers build, it's a great project.

Again, thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement :)

Cheers
Sara

Hey, thanks for that, I thought it was scout but some dodgy google image results led me astray. The shoulders are security though :) Thanks again, I'll see if I can find the pep you mentioned.
Haha, yeh I was thinking I was wrong on the shoulders.
I might have the original release floating around somewhere on my computer. I'll give you a link if I find it.

This is our first armour build, pretty ambitious for a first build I know lol. I've played around with fibreglass and moulding and stuff before though. I'm hoping I can make a cast of the brute shot when it's done.

You guys are doing great work for a 10th project let alone your first! Your bondo work is really clean and you can see the attention to detail you guys are paying. Methinks I'll lurk around your thread to see how this turns out....:)

Spent today finishing the ab plate of the armour, it's more or less done now, it'll get another quick sand before primer & paint. I'm really happy with how it's turned out.
I was thinking about adding some physical battle damage to this area but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it.

8073612557_c17ffb26bd_z.jpg

8073613043_4f38f461b8_z.jpg

Also smoothed out the neck piece and (very) roughly pencilled in the detail design. I've started building up some of the detail.

8073612849_c255effdc0_z.jpg

Make a tut ... MAKE A TUT ! damn you bondo work is totally amazing. when i see it i automatically think on cereals outstanding work.

I love it . and i would be so glad if u would make a video as well o:

Hi all,

BubblyCarolina here, great too see everyone so exited about our build!

Today (as you can see from her post) me and Sara worked on our chest pieces some more. I focused on building in some of the detail in the front of my recon chest piece (stuff not included in the pep).

8073759246_a4f660bc05.jpg

Here is some of the steps as I went along.

8073701931_93db592e38.jpg

if your wondering what the little green things are, its Fimo clay that I rolled up and cooked in the oven and then glued on. It was just what I had laying around (from another project). You could use tooth picks or epoxy clay of some kind. I only had PVA glue around and it didn't stick very well which was kinda a pain, will definitely use something better next time. Then I just build up the bondo around them, hand sanded and used a little needle file (really handy for small stuff). Haven't added the final bit yet.

Please keep in mind I'm not quite finished with the touch up bondo yet, so some areas are quite smooth yet :)

Again thanks for all the encouragement!

BubblyCarolina

Yep, definitely tracking this.
You girls (and respective guys) have already got a great start on this!

It's always great to see some more Aussie's on the forum.

CJ

This looks amazing so far! I'm particularly excited to see the progress and finished product on Maine and the brute shot. How are you planning on doing the visor part of Maine's helmet?

Thanks for all the kind words guys, so far it's just us ladies working with the bondo ;)
I managed to track down a HD pep of the scout chest and Vrogy kindly allowed me to post it on the 405th, if you jump over to the All-in-One Halo Pepakura Pack thread you'll find a link to it on pg19. Such a relief to find this file, I'd all but given up and was about to start hand sculpting.

As for the visor on the EVA Helmet, I've got an idea of what I'm going to do, I'll share it on this thread when I cross that bridge.
Once my chest piece is complete I'll be detailing the EVA helmet and I'm thinking of producing a tut at that time. We may be hacking up the brute shot on the weekend to fill it with foam, if we get to it I'll post photos.

Cheers
Sara

Thanks for all the kind words guys, so far it's just us ladies working with the bondo ;)
I managed to track down a HD pep of the scout chest and Vrogy kindly allowed me to post it on the 405th, if you jump over to the All-in-One Halo Pepakura Pack thread you'll find a link to it on pg19. Such a relief to find this file, I'd all but given up and was about to start hand sculpting.

As for the visor on the EVA Helmet, I've got an idea of what I'm going to do, I'll share it on this thread when I cross that bridge.
Once my chest piece is complete I'll be detailing the EVA helmet and I'm thinking of producing a tut at that time. We may be hacking up the brute shot on the weekend to fill it with foam, if we get to it I'll post photos.

Cheers
Sara

Thanks so much for that! I didn't even realise no-one had released that file yet.

Link for everyone else on this thread (copied from the other one)
http://www.dropbox.com/s/gyuwbbncztnjvvn/SCOUT_CHEST_VROGY-DF4L.pdo

Is the Database included as part of the 405th by extension?

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back