Grrr! We're freelancers! Red vs Blue WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, sorry, not dead. I hope this doesn't count as a necro post but I just wanted to let any follower know that this build isn't dead, I've just had a change in circumstances.

The house we're renting has been put up for sale so while we have poeple coming through looking at it I can't have the garage cluttered up with bondo shavings, dust, fibreglass and assorted bits of halo armour so for the meantime averything has been packed away :(

The good news is that we're building a house of our own so once that's done I'll have free rein to continue with the build.

In the meantime while I haven't been very active I've still been active I've still been checking out everyone's builds and in about 5 months time (that sound like forever :( ) I'll hopefully be able to revive this thread (as long as that's not againt the necro post rules) and pick up where we left off :)

Cheers guys :)

Hi 405thers :) (Nope, not dead)
Gee, it been ages since I've had anything to post here. No new build news yet unfortunately but for anyone who wants a better look at my EVA helmet I recently uploaded this video of the original and a cast, I thought some people might be interested:

The good news is I should be back on track with the freelancer armour again soon, we're building our garage very soon which is great because I can't wait to get going on my helmet or possibly (okay, especially! the brute shot) I might have to get my eye back in with a shin piece or something first though. Hopefully it's like riding a bike and I'm not too rusty. Team freelancer has been whittled down to Agents Maine and Tex now, I'm planning on finishing the Rogue helmet of Carolina's anyway, I want to give it the same attention to detail as the EVA,

In the meantime I might have a new build thread to post to while away the time 'til I can get back to project Freelancer. A foam Quill mask.

Cheers guys :) LOVING! all the amazing build threads going on around here at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back. your work to date looks wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing the new stuff you produce.
If it isn't impertinent, why are you down to only two freelancers now?

Glad to see you back! I remember seeing your Eva Helmet a while back and along with SirPalesalot and Robot Chickens models comming out made me decide on a Halo 3 Maine as well! I hope you get your garage done soon, ive missed seeing your work!

Oh god! The crazy chick who's always punching me in the groin and the scariest fu#%*ng mute in the galaxy are back

Now, my thoughts "out of character":
Finally! I've missed this thread so much, i can't wait to see you back in action!
And i have the same question as ashuraa, why are you down to 2 freelancers?

Check out my grif build
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/41396-red-vs-blue-grif

Thanks guys, I'm so looking forward to working on this build again.

We don't have a Wash or Carolina because we're not friends anymore. The bummer there is that it would have been cool to be a group of 4 freelancers but on the plus side it frees up time to work on my own armour. It looks like we might have another spartan joining our ranks but I don't know if he'll be wearing freelancer colours, he might want to be the chief. I just don't know how Maine is going to feel about that lol.

Your Grif build looks great Daniel, love the cone, Grif needs the cone like Maine needs the Nifle. Your helmet turned out really well for a foam job. I'm trying to think of what a defining item for Tex could be.

Good to see you back, and cant wait to see progress pics :)
I saw your video on youtube the other day too, very cool

Bummer about Wash and Carolina! Your Carolina build is amazing and so clean. My husband and I want to be Wash and Carolina and I've started on two different Carolina builds now. It's going very slowly. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your awesome work! Keep it up! :)

These builds are insane! I look forward to seeing them finished!

Check the date of the previous post - this thread is almost a year out of date. Please refrain from posting in threads that are more than a month or so inactive - it helps keep dead threads dead, and allows current builds to remain popular and at the top of the boards where they deserve to be.

Thanks!

I'm doing the meta from Halo 3 with the scout chest, where did you get the file for the full chest piece? I've downloaded the scout chest a couple of different times but its only the front part that attatches to a halo chest base, but i cant find the file for that base. If you could help thatd be awesome. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back