Props Another Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanuu

Just thought I'd post my energy sword that I made for my nephew. I didn't make it full size since my nephew was turning 10. I didn't try to replicate the in game sword since I was trying to hide the LEDs and size it so that he could get his hand around it. It did work really really well and is hella fun to swing around. Next time I think I'd add more LEDs to even out the lighting. I stayed with the 2 LEDs that came with the sword I tore apart for simplicity (for me).
I wasn't happy with how the battery compartment came out, the gap around the lid is way too large, I imagined it would come out more hidden but I couldn't get the apoxie to do what I wanted.

Revision 2 I will be trying my luck at making a first mold for the handle. Got some friends with son's that would like one too :). I could design that so it comes apart instead of using the battery lid.

http://www.willyliliana.com/Halo%20Sword/Halo%20Sword.htm

Excellent work, congrats on the motion activated sound.

Do you have any plans to scale these up to adult proportions?

Sean Bradley said:
Excellent work, congrats on the motion activated sound.

Do you have any plans to scale these up to adult proportions?
Thanks!
I'm sure I'll have to make myself one while I'm at it. I think I'll try to use the same handle for both models. Even this handle is a little large for kids and just about perfect for me. So I'll use the same handle and adjust the blade length. The problem is finding more of those swords to pull apart. I was only able to pick up one more from Toys'R Us after completing the first one.
I would like to try to combine your EL wire into the circuit but I doubt there will be room in the handle. The board, speaker and batteries take a lot of room. And I stink at electronics and have no idea how to do it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna look for that sword you bought, (or at least something similar) and make one. That's just unbelievable.

The sword is made by Hap P Kid Toys but they don't offer it anymore. I've looked and looked and haven't been able to find them again. I wrote them asking if they'll make another run or sell them in the surplus store but haven't had a response. It also used to be on the Toys R Us site but no more.

http://www.happykidtoy.com/

can we get a pic of your nephew holding the sword? :)
great build and wonderful tut, thanks!
=Jubal=

Thanks for the comments!

I only have a couple pics of him with the sword since I live 5 states away but here is what I have.

Nannuu said:
Thanks for the comments!

I only have a couple pics of him with the sword since I live 5 states away but here is what I have.

The sword is awesome. Your nephew must be proud to have an uncle like you.

Whoo Hoo! I stopped at Toys R Us this morning and they had more of those swords. I picked up 4 more. I guess that'll give me some incentive to give the cast mold handle a try.

Friendly said:
I'll buy one of those toys from you... How much did they cost?
Sorry, those are spoken for with friends. Everyone has a son but me I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back