My first MK. VI Armor PIC Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LacyBandita

Hey 405th! Just wanted to say thank you all for the amazing stickys and everything! this is my very first helmet (other than a practice low quality mk. vi). I have just finished the resin and fiberglass stage and will be bondo-ing by the end of the week! I know its a little rough but im pretty proud of myself so far. Criticism and advice are always appreciated! Starting to pep the chest piece soon!

2012-10-11_15-38-38_938_zps3fe429a2.jpg

2012-10-11_15-38-29_201_zps8fed50ac.jpg

2012-10-11_15-38-01_619_zps8af449a1.jpg

2012-10-11_15-39-05_914_zps1f499144.jpg

2012-10-11_15-38-15_477_zps5fabce1a.jpg

New Day!

Today I put primer on the helmet so i can see what parts are in need of sanding and bondo, used a flat square needle file to work out the visor opening! ill post pictures once it dries, again you guys are amazing for the tuts and tips! =D also printed out my pep for the chest piece! So excited!

Wow, that was an expensive visor too. I think people have had mixed results but at a substantially better price with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Mo...d=1350088502&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+visor

Will bondo be coming to the helmet soon? I don't know if you intend to do this, but a popular technique is to take sandpaper on a sanding mouse and go over a primed surface. Any spots not sanded are lower than others, and that's where you fill with bondo.

=( sigh it was quite an expensive one. I'm hoping I can search the forum enough to find which one Cereal Killer used. This visor oordeal has be pretty bummed out.

Indeed I am going to be doing bondo soon just attempting to find good reference pictures to get the most accurate detail i can. As far as sanding goes, i do plan on going over the prime, I have 60 & 80 grit, which would you suggest using?

okay i got too things to say

1: nicely done.

2: your pic is of an anhto so are fur or not?

thank you fox!

im sorry i dont understand your second question =( come by me again? are you talking about the auto primer??

your avatar pic its an antho right so does that make you a fur or not, but then again you didn't understand it so your proably not one.

p.s. the helmet is the most importion part of the armor.

your avatar pic its an antho right so does that make you a fur or not, but then again you didn't understand it so your proably not one.

p.s. the helmet is the most importion part of the armor.

My profile pic is of my world of warcraft character. She is a draenei, her class is a paladin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back