My first MK. VI Armor PIC Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You work very fast and efficiently! I can't wait to start mine and I would be happy if I could go half the speed you are and have it look that good haha. Nice job! Take pics of his face when he gets it!!!

today i finished the codpiece as well as ordered the gloves and the belt

without furthermore i present zeeee codpiece!

tn44.jpg

tn45.jpg

tn46.jpg

tn47.jpg

i havent put all the support struts in, just enough for the general shape for now

next project i believe will be the thighs, i just need to go out and buy more cardstock! I havent been able to fiberglass yet due to cold weather and work, hoping for a sunny day!

I love your chest... really nothing to say negative bout it ! thats really well done ! :)

For the helmet you will have alot of bondo work since its not the HD helmet ... but im sure it will look great ... just my opinion

spes256

but i am considering saving it for my own suit and making a different HD version prob the one by by flyingsquirl?? but that all depends on how soon i finish the rest! and btw pigbenis: thanks for the WOW comment on my profile =D

Hi friend! How goes the build? I heard you built a codpiece, and guess what... I made a female version as well... only thing is...

do me a favor: put your arm straight out to your side, like you are trying to make a T with your body.

Now, from your shoulder (left maybe?) opposite to your arm extended (right hand?), draw a line to the tip of that hand, and that is how wide my first copy was. *smacks face*

Yes... yes... Lacy, I did make grannie panties. I thought circumference was diameter...

Got it done, sizing, arrangement, printing, scoring, cutting, gluing all done in about 4 hours though!

PS!!! DO NOT THROW AWAY THE HELM!!! Its amazing! Just buy a lot of bondo, and we can help you along with what surfaces to "remove" to make it easier on your shapes.

awww well its always a good lesson to learn from our mistakes. 4 hours?! wow thats some fast work!!!

Skull, I got them too, look online for paintball gloves, and you'll find the "general" model fora bout ... 25 ... I think. I haveta post those gloves! Ahh! I forgot to do that!

And lacy, great job as always! I did lol at Pig's comment, he's a riot, check out his armor's thread!

Keep up the great work Lacy!

I can see the pepping you've done improve over each piece and it's looking great! (that and you're probably getting faster at it too :))

Wish my partner made a suit for me, lol! :)

Very impressive progress! I'm amazed at the speed you're going and still maintaining the high quality. Awesome work.

thank you everyone for such positive feedback!

i am happy to present the right thigh!

2012-11-22_00-41-01_936.jpg

2012-11-22_00-41-14_936.jpg

2012-11-22_00-41-22_742.jpg

2012-11-22_00-41-38_662.jpg

printing out the left thigh now :) hope everyone has a happy and safe thanksgiving!

had the day off yesterday so i finished the left thigh too

2012-11-24_00-58-26_2951.jpg

2012-11-24_00-58-20_2461.jpg

2012-11-24_00-58-12_6161.jpg

2012-11-24_00-58-04_6871.jpg

2012-11-24_00-57-53_9761.jpg

today was a slightly warm day so i was able to start fiberglassing the chest, unfortunately i assumed i had more resin and am out. Half of the front is fiberglassed, going to make a quick stop at the store before work! hope everyone had a great thanksgiving

I'm in Texas, so this may not be the same where you are but I hear that the weathr is supposed to warm-up a little tomorrow. :) I wish you luck!

Thank you guys! I printed out the handplate tester and cut it out, unfortunately i have to head out to work. I'm hoping to build the handplate tester tonight, figure out the right size and being that i have tomorrow off, i'm hoping to get both handplates done and start on the rest of the leg! 1 more month, i'm stressing a bit but im sure i can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back