RAPTOR - An Independant Concept Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trando434

Hey guys, so I am kind of working on a film project with some of my friends, and I thought it would be cool to promote it here on the 405th. The film idea is set in modern times and is about a small fictional PMC titled RAPTOR. With only about 150 or so employees, RAPTOR specializes in unique soldiers as mercenaries, soldiers with special talents or abilities, although nothing superhuman, mystic or unnatural so it's all rather realistic and not a Hellboy story. By unique I mean one of the main characters is an inventor and having his own special type of body armor consisting of metal alloys, kevlar, and liquid diffusion.

The concept film will be about 10 minutes in length and will test the waters so to speak in order to see if subsequent films will be popular or watched.

Initially the story for the film started off as an idea for a game, but I scrapped it after taking a programming class and realizing the hard work wasn't something I could do. After a few years of being shelved, I brought it up at a bonfire with a few of my friends. About 4 hours later, we were absolutely hooked on the idea of making the story into a film! Now, none of us have any film experience whatsoever, so we decided it would be cool to make the project a friend and community effort. My friend Jim is actually going to write the script, due to the fact he a big theater guy acting, writing and interested in the fine arts. My friends Cody and Kasey provide humorous and action plots and offer lot's of potential future stories as well as taking part in the film as actors. My buddy Nick and I, both being 405th members, have some idea of prop construction, and we are working on taking an old vacuform machine I found at work and modifying it to have a finer detail for pulling plastic molds. And we have a ton of friends from airsoft who are willing to donate their weapons as props for the film.

Eventually I will probably start up a Kickstarter account to cover the costs of filming for one reason. If I invest my time and money into this project, it would be a waste to scrap it all like I do most of my other projects, it is one of the reasons I have never completed a Halo suit. But right now, I am covering the costs of production.

I am posting this as an invitation for anyone who would like to help as well! I am working on a tight budget as most small productions do, so payment is out of the question. But anything you can offer such as concept art, promotion of the project, voice overs, anything really is greatly accepted, in fact just liking the Facebook page will help a ton! Facebook is actually where I will post most of the updates and stuff like free giveaways, and count of the 405th receiving special status as well!

I really need help with character design, a few friends said they would help, but can't now, and I don't have many artist friends. So if you can draw human figures and concepts and stuff, please PM me with stuff you drew if you are interested!

So I leave you with a few pictures and links of some of the stuff I have done already!

http://www.facebook.com/RAPTORPMC
^Linky to the page^

raptorlogo_zps9cc82b0f.png

^RAPTOR logo^

http://s1042.beta.photobucket.com/user/trand0/library/RAPTOR
^Photobucket^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back