Halo 4 Spartan IV Warrior build

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I did was stretch the mesh from a nerf dart bag over the visor and hot glue it into place.

The foamies I use are something like 2mm and they are very adhesive and don't come off. They stay in place even after molding.

Helmet looks great :)
how well can you see out of it with the mesh over it?? can we get a pic of the inside looking out?? :)

Finally got LED's in this guy!

8256736900_46dc468507_z.jpg

The visibility with the mesh is great, it's pretty close to your face so you can't tell it's there.

Question may sound noob but really need some advice here... How do you get the bondo so smooth? I've tried various methods but it just never seems to get that smooth, if anything sanding just leaves groves and ridges that 'feel' smooth only...

I would really like to know your pepakura file. I have been some research, but coming up with low grade pepakura files that don't really have so much details like you have on you basic cut out and glazed.

Question may sound noob but really need some advice here... How do you get the bondo so smooth? I've tried various methods but it just never seems to get that smooth, if anything sanding just leaves groves and ridges that 'feel' smooth only...

take it in stages, after you get the basic shape down with 80 grit and are happy with that switch to a 120, than i spray filler primer and hit it with 220.

I would really like to know your pepakura file. I have been some research, but coming up with low grade pepakura files that don't really have so much details like you have on you basic cut out and glazed.

this is satchmos file, head to the search area and type "satchmo"
he has a portfolio thread with all his files in it

When you installed the visor, what method did you use? The Tutorial method from Blackula727, the other one in the same tutorial post, or another one? I am planning on doing the warrior helmet as well, but I have yet to install a visor on any helmet, so I have been looking around at ways to do it and looking at the warrior helmet, I would be difficult to do the Blackula way. Note, I'm not asking about the mesh, just the visor installation on to the helmet.

I've never seen hardening with polyurethane. Could you PM me with your method? I'm quite interested for my first build. Fiberglass looks like a pain, and I don't know where to start with Rondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back