Dead Space Marker Rig Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMoore

Hey everyone, after roaming this site for awhile and seeing some of the amazing things people have built on this site, I thought it was about time I shared a build. This is my first build attempt and I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. So constructive crituqing is always welcome. As the title says Im building a Dead Space Rig, Ive seen afew here and there and am inpressed by the work and dedication those people have put into there builds, and after doing this one I can understand how time consuming and the amount of effort it takes to build things like this.
So without further ado, here's what ive been working on:

The first part thats completely complete is the Helmet, I've put about 25-30 hrs in total into it and am very pleased with the outcome. Being my first helmet i'd have to say its been the hardest part of this costume to complete. I started off by using an old skateboard helmet I had laying around, I cut it in half, fiberglassed it then bondo'd it to make it fit closer to my head. I then used an old grinding faceplate for the from and moutned it with steel brackets I fabricated. Then all I did was cut foam parts and glued them on. I used a soldering pen to carve and cut shapes into the foam I laid out and then painted it. And this is the outcome:

IMG924_zps08445c66.jpg

IMG1047_zps37aee063.jpg

Will have better pictures soon!

aww aww aww aww aww aww aww aww aww aww you totally hit me !! DUUUDE !! :O

i love dead space with all my life and i will follow this till its finished !!! i wanna see more please !!

Btw i loooooove the tatoos in the helmet !

Totally excited to see a dead space build! the game doesn't get enough love from the prop community. One question though: what rig is this based off of? the DS1 suits or the Engineering rig from DS2?

Totally excited to see a dead space build! the game doesn't get enough love from the prop community. One question though: what rig is this based off of? the DS1 suits or the Engineering rig from DS2?

I know exactly what you mean, Dead Space needs a bigger community period lol! This rig is based off of an action figure that Neca brought out awhile ago. I just call it the Marker Rig due to all of the markings all over the armor. Im just currently painting the back part of the rig:

IMG1061_zps69e2bd10.jpg

IMG1062_zpsa2f711b9.jpg

I know exactly what you mean, Dead Space needs a bigger community period lol! This rig is based off of an action figure that Neca brought out awhile ago. I just call it the Marker Rig due to all of the markings all over the armor. Im just currently painting the back part of the rig:

IMG1061_zps69e2bd10.jpg

IMG1062_zpsa2f711b9.jpg

I don't know what it is...but it looks awesome!

Thanks, the tattoo's are actually ment to be Marker symbols, from the game/anime (Dead Space Downfall)

ofc its the markers symbols ! damn i watched each movies / anime vids ... :D and i played ds1 +2 ... ds1 gave me heart attacks :DD

Here's the gloves and some of the arm peices for the rig. Took me abit to do these but I finished them early on, had an issue with sizing them to my fore arms but i eventually got them.

IMG675.jpg

IMG676.jpg

IMG751.jpg

IMG763.jpg

IMG1063.jpg

IMG1066.jpg

Great looking build, I love it.
If you ever need inspiration to keep going (and you somehow are unable to get it just looking at the amazing job you've done) you might get some from Thorssoli:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33231-Thorssoli-s-Isaac-Clarke-Engineering-Rig-from-Dead-Space-2

Consider me subscribed and excited for the end product.
Keep up the great work, Squish

Thanks for the kind words Squish, I've seen Thorssoli's Dead Space build, definatly great stuff there!

That is frakking AWESOME!!! I need to get my ass back in gear. Had a lot of stuff going on that I didn't even finish my MKVI helemt. Got all the way to the resin & fiberglass stage & haven't gone any further :(

Great job on your project!!!

That is frakking AWESOME!!! I need to get my ass back in gear. Had a lot of stuff going on that I didn't even finish my MKVI helemt. Got all the way to the resin & fiberglass stage & haven't gone any further :(

Great job on your project!!!

Thanks :) Hope you get yours finished up, would love to see it.

This is as finished as I am at the moment. The rib armor will be done after halloween as well as some extra details to the cloth underneath.

IMG1069.jpg

IMG1071.jpg

This is truly remarkable. I'm loving the custom runes and detailing, you've done a fantastic job of making the foam look like actual metal. Keep up the good work!

Dude, I'm at loss of words. Are you sure this is your first build? It's too good to be one. Dead Space series is awesome, and you're totally right about there not being a lot of DS costumers. I'm going to want to see this finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back