Red vs Blue Build (Pictures Included!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0pey73

Hey 405th,

I have been creepin' around these forums for quite some time now. Jason43123 introduced me to this site in June or so. So after looking for a while I made an account. This is my first build that I am attempting so bear with me.

As you can tell by the title this is going to be a RvB build, not sure what character yet so I am just starting with the Mk VI armor. So I will be able to have some flexibility in what color I paint it, red, pink, maroon, orange, etc. If you are a RvB fan feel free to make some suggestions as to what character I should do. I started with the LD right forearm file from Robogenesis. These are some very nice files and I thought I would start with a LD as a start. So here are some of pictures of final pep.

8117496157_3134ae6926_b.jpg

8117508510_cf95425790_b.jpg

8117496805_13e3bf11eb_b.jpg

8117508972_6604e08d08_b.jpg

Don't know if you can see it but there is a little imperfection on my piece

Well there you go, any comments are welcome but remember, I am a noob ;)

Later taters

Looks good! What is that piece on the desk? Always try to have it fully completed before you resign or anything. But this looks really good for your first completed piece.

Looks good! What is that piece on the desk? Always try to have it fully completed before you resign or anything. But this looks really good for your first completed piece.

That is just a piece that will allow you to attach a closing to the hand hole, which I am not going to use.

Looking Good! Just remember that I have dibs on the Meta

I thought about a Meta build but I'm not going to. Maybe Lopez, I do speak a tad bit of Spanish. xD

Lopez would be a little more unique, I have seen a lot of RVB builds but not seen him yet. Also a cheap voice modulator mounted in the helmet could be a nice touch.

As for the piece, if that is your first part then you are very clean with the folds and the gluing, I would say jump straight in and go for a HD piece, if you carry on like the forearm you will have no trouble

Hey guys a quick little update here, I have started with the hand plate and came across a problem.

8123330358_645cd09d79_b.jpg

Is this something that can be fixed now or later in the resin and bondo stage or does it need to be redone? Thanks in advance and hope to be getting some work done here soon.

Adios

glue thin wooden sticks with hot glue or superglue on the inside to stop the warping? i found that a lot of fast food places leave out tubs of wooden sticks to stir your coffee, i "acquired" a handful of them to brace a lot of my parts

And then do I just leave them on the piece and never worry about them? It is a good idea so I will give it a try.

Guys there hasnt been a post in 4 months

Dont resurrect a dead thread...please
It gets annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back