NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFish

This is my first build and attempt with pepakura and foam. Ok well I have already "completed" this outfit enough to wear but have plans to upgrade it as time goes on and hope to have a product I am completely happy with by at the latest Dragoncon. (Also will be adding more pictures once I find the camera SD card which has most of the pictures.)

Pepped out Helmet.
tumblr_m94ddgZpUx1r1wbheo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m94ddgZpUx1r1wbheo2_1280.jpg

Ok well I still can't find the SD card but I have photos that I had on my tumblr.

Well here is everything for the helmet pepped out and being resined.
tumblr_m9chnjG3lm1r1wbheo1_1280.jpg

In this process I learned that resin is extremely fast setting, and warping is inevitable. Got slight warping in the piece for the back of the head but it was ok because I cut a part of that off anyways.

Attached the front and the back of the lower portions of the helmet together and cut the back out of them to be able to fit my head into the mask.

tumblr_m9t0wwyevq1r1wbheo1_1280.jpg

Here is more progress on the rifle

tumblr_m9t0wwyevq1r1wbheo2_1280.jpg

Here is helmet which had more bondo put on it then a coat of paint and sanded again to see low spots.
8TZuG.jpg

More pictures of the Rifle
tXW7R.jpg

With Stock attached
mC39g.jpg

Painted black
mXJFl.jpg

Optics added, Muzzle Brake added, stock and buttpad is finished. Pretty much done just needed some wear on it for finishing touches.
8AgTs.jpg

You're doing a good job, keep up. I love the rifle, I haven't seen one previously. You'll get a lot of attention with this suit, I'm sure of that.

Here is all the foam work that was done for this costume.

Here are the Arm and Hand Guards
3xQTh.jpg

The chest plate heat formed with straps attached.
Amk71.jpg

Chest plate with battle damage and paint.
RCxWT.jpg

Chest plate with markings and painted added to the battle damage.
yl3Gw.jpg

Ok and here is the rest of it.

Helmet with face mask with rough finish.
9emfm.jpg

Painted face mask, with fitted lenses.
4fQQv.jpg

Added dark accents, weathering, and tinted the lenses.
7Se7v.jpg

Pretty much completed helmet.
9uAyR.jpg

And here is the product I wore to con.
229335_4211025746768_1692466046_n.jpg

And the things I want to improve on this are, adding the second light to the helmet. Making a better duster with the oxytank and the pouches. Also want to redo the lenses so they glow and so they are easier to see through. And the rim of the helmet needs to reinforced with more bondo.

LED wires wrapped around the insides, or you can look through the iron man threads to see how they do it. Just a suggestion.

-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back