Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats a spiffy man cave if i ever saw one lol. Looking good man :)
Sorry to hear about the zipper, i hate those things some times lol
Cant wait to see some pics of the undersuit, from what i am reading, it souds great!

Nice workspace! I like the chair in front of the door, too... good insurance in case the family tries to interrupt your work!

Glad to see you're getting better and getting back to it, and I'm a little jealous of the air conditioned area too. We don't have the Texas heat here but I break a sweat walking six feet from the door to the workbench.

As far as the "game-accurate" Noble 6 you mentioned, he appears in the campaign however you have the armor configured for your character. Since all of Noble team has customized armor pieces, it's much easier to customize and still stay canon. Just a thought, in case you wanted to add anything else... because you need this to be more complicated than it already is, right? =D

Well thats a spiffy man cave if i ever saw one lol. Looking good man :)
Sorry to hear about the zipper, i hate those things some times lol
Cant wait to see some pics of the undersuit, from what i am reading, it souds great!

Thanks. And the zipper wasn't that much of a pain. I just had to find one. I did get one on it though and the only thing was I couldn't use my machine because of all the foam on the thing already. So, it was added to the category of things that have been hand sewn. :p

Nice workspace! I like the chair in front of the door, too... good insurance in case the family tries to interrupt your work!

Glad to see you're getting better and getting back to it, and I'm a little jealous of the air conditioned area too. We don't have the Texas heat here but I break a sweat walking six feet from the door to the workbench.

As far as the "game-accurate" Noble 6 you mentioned, he appears in the campaign however you have the armor configured for your character. Since all of Noble team has customized armor pieces, it's much easier to customize and still stay canon. Just a thought, in case you wanted to add anything else... because you need this to be more complicated than it already is, right? =D

Thanks for the kind words.

As far as that chair. My shed doors open out so it isn't much of a deterrent if someone wanted to come out and bother me. :p

The whole breaking a sweat thing is why I put in the AC. :p It would be 100 outside and 120+ in the shed. I'm also trying to keep all my paints and things out there and it definitely helps with shelf life it they aren't baking at 120 degrees in there every day. The paints I got for this build are $40 a pint, so I need to try and make them last. :D

And the whole "game accurate" is just me being me. I appreciate the info on customization. I was really just wanting the Noble 6 you start the game with and not much more. Maybe a couple of UA attachments, but I really don't want it more complicated than it already is. :D LOL!!!! Although I may be up for that in the future. I'm taking a bunch of in game shots to start looking at the details. The under suit project I've started is turning out to be a bit of a hassle, but I think it will be worth it in the end. Not to mention I have to do so much modification on the next few parts I'm using just to make them fit me, I'm not sure if it will even be ready for Halloween. If it's not, then oh well, because I want to make it the best that I can and not have a time line pressure on top of it. So, for now. . the K.I.S.S. method (Keep It Simple Stupid) is being applied. :p

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Update

I have the ab section sewn into place and it looks about right to me. Let me know if something needs attention. I've stared at it so long looking for things that are wrong I think I'm going cross-eyed.

IMG_2619_zps673cab73.jpg
th_IMG_2620_zps233eff23.jpgth_IMG_2621_zps39a7e92c.jpgth_IMG_2622_zps96804c37.jpg

I couldn't get the belt on the dummy without tearing it up and I'm in the process of separating that and getting it joined back together right now. At least it will be easier to get on and off and take potty breaks while wearing the suit if it's separated. :p I've made the brackets, got magnets attached to them and I've cut out alignment posts to use. After this I'm headed to the shed to do the dirty work.

I was going to do the biceps next, but after looking at things I may do the thighs. I'm still up in the air about which. I guess I'll work that out and when I have something, I'll put up pics.

Thanks for all the kind words and continued support. After I get the cod modified, it's back to pepping parts. Hopefully work will continue at a steady rate now that I'm up and at 'em again. As always, let me know what you think. All feedback, criticism and comments are welcomed and encouraged. And of course. . . Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Didn't know if anyone saw what was put in yesterday so I made a new entry. Here's why. . .
I finished the cod separation mods. With all the extra weight in it now, I need to reinforce it with some fiberglass before I start handling it too much though. Here's what I did.

I cut it apart of course. Scary . . . yes I know, but hey. . . when has that stopped me before. :p
th_IMG_2623_zps67087c32.jpg

After I cut it apart I put it back together so I could line up the magnets and posts. I JB Welded the brackets with the magnets and the metal shims I made for the magnet to grab on to into the inside of the cod first. I used the same method as on the torso with playing cards, hot glue and stuff to make sure everything was in the right spot before I poured in copious amounts of rondo. The playing card was put in between the magnet and the metal shim and hot glued in place to keep rondo from leaking out. I also used playing cards to make a dam on the side where the posts would be sticking in to so that I wouldn't have to use more rondo than I did.
th_IMG_2626_zps20abc0c4.jpgth_IMG_2625_zps93974e63.jpgth_IMG_2627_zps865a1bb2.jpgth_IMG_2629_zpsa285b7e7.jpg

Next, I poured in the rondo.
th_IMG_2631_zpsde025bf7.jpgth_IMG_2630_zps9fe83b08.jpg

After it was all set up and just a little warm, I separated the two halves. I think maybe I separated it a bit earlier than I should have, because it didn't go back together right and I had to dremel out a little bit of the holes for the alignment posts on one side so that it would.

This is it right after I separated it
IMG_2632_zps355ae07b.jpg
th_IMG_2633_zps34391446.jpgth_IMG_2634_zpsb10779c0.jpg

And this is what it looks like after a little dremel work and put back together.
th_IMG_2636_zps552f22dc.jpgth_IMG_2635_zps58086a71.jpg

I put it on the dummy to make sure it would work and it did go on without any issues. It just has a lot of extra weight now and right after I put it on I took it off so that I can reinforce the entire inside with fiberglass now. The back half of it is really wobbly with all the excess weight up front and I could just seem myself mishandling it and it breaking something. :p I didn't want to risk anything else happening to it. Once it's reinforced, I'll get it back on the dummy for another pic with the other stuff on to give an idea of what those two pieces with the under suit work I've done looks like.

I appreciate everyone looking and as always. . . . let me know what you think with whatever feedback, criticism and ideas y'all have, because that's what helps me get better. I'm not perfect and could always use a push in the right direction. Hope y'all like the mods and as always. . . .

Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Thank you kindly, Thorn. Glad to see the work you put up the other day on your project. It looked good.

Love how your doing the cod, cait wait to see the updated pictures

Thanks a bunch. I did some other things today instead of reinforcing the cod. I'll be doing that tomorrow and I'll get those pics up for you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And the Winner was. . . . the Biceps :p

I started on the right bicep file tonight. Didn't get much accomplished, because I found that some parts were overlapped when they were cut and I didn't realize it before hand. :p So, I had to cut a bunch of stuff out again. Thank goodness for the Cameo. :p There are a bunch of little bitty parts too. I think after the next few parts though, it will go pretty quick. At least I hope it will :cool Here's what I managed to do before I got a call that I needed to be in at 0430 in the morning.

IMG_2638_zps9a55afee.jpg

Like I said. . . Not much, but it's progress. And progress of any kind after a couple month off from this makes me happy! :D

I know. . . Not much of an update, but with the lack of updates and everything that went on with the site the last couple of months, I'm having 405th withdraws. I'm trying to make up for it. :p

I'm off to shower and then to bed. Hope y'all enjoy and Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Look at this, another great project of yours :) so much looking forward seeing this whole thing. You're doing a fantastic job. Thanks for the inspiration you provide!

I have been away for some time. Congrats for completion of your sons armor. It turned out perfectly!

Looking good as always. One thing I found with my alignment posts on the torso was that taking a conical cutting bit on the dremel and enlarging the opening of the hole slightly, in addition to tapering the tip of the post itself with a grinder, helped a lot in making it easier to get the piece on without impacting final alignment. These things are hard enough to put on as it is, no sense in making it more difficult!

Look at this, another great project of yours :) so much looking forward seeing this whole thing. You're doing a fantastic job. Thanks for the inspiration you provide!

I have been away for some time. Congrats for completion of your sons armor. It turned out perfectly!

Thanks for the compliments, Sealgair. Glad that you are back too. Can't wait for you to get moved in and get your tools so we can see what you come up with.

Looking good as always. One thing I found with my alignment posts on the torso was that taking a conical cutting bit on the dremel and enlarging the opening of the hole slightly, in addition to tapering the tip of the post itself with a grinder, helped a lot in making it easier to get the piece on without impacting final alignment. These things are hard enough to put on as it is, no sense in making it more difficult!

Thanks for the tip on the conical bit. I don't have and actual conical cutting bit. I might have to look into one. I've just been using the spiral bit and doing something similar. You're definitely right about it being hard enough to put this stuff on. I'm thinking I'm going to have to lug someone around with me to help me with parts of mine. :p

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Update and a Couple Pics

Today was rough. I only had about two hours of sleep and didn't get much accomplished after I got back home. My eyes wouldn't focus for long to do all the little details on the bicep. :( I don't know why I decided on this particular bicep file now that I'm putting it together. :p There are so many little pieces I'm seeing cross-eyed. Remind me to never do this again when I get finished with it. Oh wait. . . I've got to do the other side. :D Anyway. . . this is all I managed to get through today on it. And it took me a couple hours to accomplish this from the last pic of it.

IMG_2643_zpsaa967be3.jpg

Here's a couple in an angle with and without a flash so you can get an idea of the detail in this thing.

IMG_2645_zps67079d85.jpgIMG_2644_zps0b2c40c5.jpg

it's coming slowly but surely. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is scaled right. I know that the height should be dead on, but the rest is starting to look a tad small when I hold it up on my arm or on the dummy. Oh the frustration. . . :p

After not wanting to deal with the pep work today I reinforced the rest of the cod so I could get a better feel of how it will be wearing it. With where I cut it and added in all the rondo it's actually balanced really well and sitting just above the hips it doesn't seem like it weighs anything at all. I got it back on the dummy and noticed a couple spots that may be tight with the under suit details so I'll have to pull everything off the dummy to check on myself, because things fit me differently than on that darn dummy. Here's a couple pics of that cod back on the dummy for ya Mstruvmgc

IMG_2639_zpsf1797cdf.jpg
th_IMG_2640_zps1b5c7e22.jpgth_IMG_2641_zpsb595fde6.jpgth_IMG_2642_zps607fb3b6.jpg

I forgot to pull the tape off the back before I snapped the pics. It was there to help me keep one of the wings on the back in place while reinforcing it. That's the only reason it's there. Overall, I think it's coming together a little at a time and just the last few days more than the last couple months. :p I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. Keep them coming. I'll be away for a few days, because I start back to work tomorrow. As soon as I get some more progress, I'll be sure to get something posted.

Quick Update

Since my last update I've discovered that there is no way that I can make the Dawn bicep work for me the way that it is scaled and proportioned originally. The file is an excellent file, but it seems like it was made for a string bean or something. If I make it the right height, it fits my 10 year old. If I scale it for the right width it is the length of my upper arm and 1/4 of my forearm. :angry So, I have to scrap what I've done with the other bicep I started building to focus on this issue.

I've since imported the model to Blender and stumbled around with it until I got it resized to fit me. I didn't make any other modifications other than sizing and I am in no way trying to say I made this file. It is still the same and all credit goes to the awesome people with the Dawn Under Heaven Group. I just changed the proportions a bit to fit my frame. I have no 3D experience and it has taken me a week to figure out all this :p I've got the file back into the pep designer and I'm in the process of the unfold. And that isn't going very smoothly either. Having only messed around with other things minimally, this may take me a couple more days to get all the pieces the way that I want them to be after changing the size of this, because I've never done a full unfold before. I'm also not sure why the model isn't as smooth as it originally was since all I did was change the scale, but that's a battle for another day. A far far away day! :D I have an even more profound sense of respect for all the guys and gals here on the 405th that do this stuff all the time now. It really is a pain to do this starting off for the first time. So, thanks to all of the modelers out there that do this stuff for us!!!! :cool

That's where I stand at this point and I ask that y'all please bear with me until I get this done. I will be working on this a lot over the next three days to try to have it ready for pep by then so I can print it back out and start over. Thanks for everyone looking and staying in touch. I appreciate it. I hope to have some forward and not backward progress by the end of the week.

Sounds like its all going well then. Of course, don't forget, you've got this incredible site called the 405th that can offer you help and tips on unfolding. I've used a lot of great tips and tricks from members here to make my pep a breeze.

Sounds like its all going well then. Of course, don't forget, you've got this incredible site called the 405th that can offer you help and tips on unfolding. I've used a lot of great tips and tricks from members here to make my pep a breeze.

:D Yeah. . . I guess you could say all is well. LOL!!!
You're right about all the very useful info on this site. I'm thankful it's all back up and running. I didn't forget about all those guys here on the site. That's why it only took me a week to figure it all out. :p I read up a lot in the modeling section on Blender and unfolding before I ever attempted it. I don't think I'm anywhere near trying to make my own pep files, but all the info definitely helped me out with what I did. And I appreciate you reminding me also.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

The bicep is resized and completely unfolded now. Here's what I did with it.

BicepRescaledandUnfolded_zpsfa30e9c9.png

The unfold is what took me the longest I think. After it unfolded I had a lot of work to do to move tabs & flaps, put parts together that could be and take pieces apart that needed to be. I also grouped everything into different sections so it would be a little easier to put things together once it is all cut out. I'm just happy I managed to do it. :p

And here's a comparison of the way it was compared to now.

The way it was. . .
Bicep.png

And the way it is now. . .
BicepRescaled_zpsee731b3d.png

Overall, I think there aren't many changes, but it did wind up with a lot more pieces and pages because of the size it was changed to. And since I know nothing about 3D modeling, the model is no where near as smooth as it was before. But it's still the same file.

I'm making sure that everything will fit inside the registration marks for the Silhouette Cameo cutter and also making sure that the new default scale is correct for me. After that, I'll print the sucker out and get to pepping. I'm hoping to have one built by the end of tomorrow. If not both.

I've said this many times before about things not being possible without the help of everyone here on the 405th. This is another time I will mention that, because if not for all the talented 3D modelers and others that unfold these pep files putting up their tutorials, I would not have been able to do this resizing and unfold as quickly as I did. Quite possibly, not at all. So, to all of you out there. . . Thank you very much.

Please let me know if there is something I missed on this thing or if there are any suggestions, I'm all ears. And as always thanks for looking.

The unfold is what took me the longest I think. After it unfolded I had a lot of work to do to move tabs & flaps, put parts together that could be and take pieces apart that needed to be. I also grouped everything into different sections so it would be a little easier to put things together once it is all cut out. I'm just happy I managed to do it. :p

That's pretty much what goes into any successful unfold. I typically spend hours on some unfolds to make sure everything is right where it needs to be. Making sure everything in the digital realm is neatly organized so the physical work is easy is what makes for a great unfold. By the looks of your first picture, it looks as though you've done a very good job! Can't wait to see more.

Well if your biceps were not so dang big you would not have had this problem :p lol
The new render looks good :)

That's pretty much what goes into any successful unfold. I typically spend hours on some unfolds to make sure everything is right where it needs to be. Making sure everything in the digital realm is neatly organized so the physical work is easy is what makes for a great unfold. By the looks of your first picture, it looks as though you've done a very good job! Can't wait to see more.

Yes, Sir. . I've found that it takes a good bit of patience to do it and lots of attention to detail. I've put together about 1/2 of it and found a few places that the flaps should've been on the other part. :p It worked out fine though. I just went in and changed the files flaps again to make the left one a little easier with the small pieces. I really appreciate the kind words, and am thankful you're checking in on me from time to time.

Well if your biceps were not so dang big you would not have had this problem :p lol
The new render looks good :)

LOL!!!! I didn't think that they were. I'm just a stocky fellow. :p
I appreciate you thinking the render looks good.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick Update

Things didn't work out as planned and I had some other things to do throughout the day. I didn't get started until this evening on the new bicep. Here's what I managed to put together today.

IMG_2649_zps81fa3c6f.jpg

As you can see in the pic, the one on the left is a lot bigger, but not much taller than the first one. There's only about a 1/2" difference in height between the two. The difference is the overall widths in the piece to make it fit me and to be better proportionally with the rest of my armor. I should be able to finish it up tomorrow night and get started on the left one after work tomorrow.

As always all feedback, criticism and comments are welcomed and encouraged. Let me know what you think. And Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

The new bicep looks so much better to than the first one. Not saying the first one wasnt good as well, but the new one is better indeed. I like the face it looks like a bicep lol. I may ask for that file one day if i ever do a reach build :)
Keep up the good work buddy.

Looks awesome :cool

Thanks, Thorn. Hope I'm not boring you yet. I'm trying to give you some daily news :p

The new bicep looks so much better to than the first one. Not saying the first one wasnt good as well, but the new one is better indeed. I like the face it looks like a bicep lol. I may ask for that file one day if i ever do a reach build :)
Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks, Mstruvmgc. It's appreciated. I hate to say this, but I cannot share the bicep file with you. Since it is a Dawn Under Heaven file, it's restricted and I had to pay for access to it through their site. A stipulation of downloading it is that it would not be shared freely. Sorry :( I'd love to, but can't with this one.

There's nothing like a crisp clean looking pep. Great stuff so far!

Thank you, SniperWolf. And welcome to the 405th. Or if you were on the old new old site :)p) welcome back! LOL.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

Okie Dokie! One down, one to go. The right bicep is done. Here's some pics with and without a flash.

IMG_2665_zps2d4c0c77.jpg
th_IMG_2666_zpsd7453036.jpgth_IMG_2667_zps1d62aed3.jpgth_IMG_2668_zps98b7e056.jpgth_IMG_2670_zps4d798b57.jpgth_IMG_2669_zps78731f68.jpgth_IMG_2671_zps411fe0a2.jpg

Even though I stretched it out and made it bigger there were still a lot of little details in this thing.

I haven't had the nerve to do more than slip it on to see if it is about right. I don't want to have to rebuild this one. . . :p I'd rather wait until they're hardened before I start doing any test fits so I don't tear anything up. The height is perfect and there is ample room for me to bend my arm, wire up lights after hardening and room for the under suit details I plan on putting on the shoulder /upper arm area. I need to do some trimming to the inside of it in the arm pit area so it will sit higher and I need to knock a little off the back inside top corner so I can put my arms straight down, but other than that. . . . it's good to go. I'll get started on the left one now and when it's done and I get both of them hardened up and I'll make the modifications for mobility. Once that is all good, I'll be doing the under suit details and do a mock up of everything I've got so far and see if my idea for strapping it so that the straps aren't visible will work.

Thanks for staying tuned in to my build and please give me all the criticism, suggestions and feedback you want. They are always welcomed and encouraged. I start back to working regular midnight hours tonight, so I may not have the other bicep done until next Wednesday. But I do start vacation next week and I plan on it being a working (pepping my ever loving booty off) vacation. Hoping to get the forearms completed and start the lower half during that time. Stay tuned for more as soon as it becomes available. :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back