Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pep work! My mom is gonna be mad since I'll be using her cameo all the time for pepakura now lol. Thanks for the tutorial and I'm watching this thread like a hawk! Best of luck to ya and cheers!

-Drew

Great job so far. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for this build. :D

This is definitely one to watch, it's looking great so far and I can't wait to see what you do with the undersuit :) keep it up, I'll be watching... in a totally not creepy way.

Thanks, Sara. To be honest. . . I can't wait to see what I do with the under suit either. :p And creepy is OK so long as it's not like crazed stalking. LOL!

I have finally surfaced! To view this wicked build! I am with you all the way my friend!

Thanks so much Croc. Appreciate that.

Great pep work! My mom is gonna be mad since I'll be using her cameo all the time for pepakura now lol. Thanks for the tutorial and I'm watching this thread like a hawk! Best of luck to ya and cheers!

-Drew

Thanks, Drew. Glad that the tutorial helped you to commandeer you mom's cameo! At least she can't tell you that you don't appreciate what she has laying around the house. :p

Great job so far. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for this build. :D

Thanks, Vshore. Much appreciated.

UPDATE!!!

It took me a little longer than I thought, but I got the main part of the torso pepped out as far as I want to tonight. I couldn't get it back on the duct tape dummy once I had one of the arm rungs on, so I put it on and did a test fit. Here's the pics.

IMG_0742.jpg

th_IMG_0745.jpgth_IMG_0747.jpg

To me, it looks fine. I was going for the look that I saw in the screen shots that I have. I was trying to make the top part of the chest and the overall back as narrow as I could to make sure I have room on the under suit for all the details that thing has in those places. After hardening, I may have to modify the arm rungs to give me a little more room. Everything else seems like it has plenty of room to spare though.

I opted to put the chest /arm seals in to help with structural integrity while hardening. I'm glad I put them in. After I got them in there, things looked a lot more even and it doesn't flex as much. I also opted to to put in part of the collar for the same reason. It also helped when I put that part in to pull the little channels on the top part of the chest together. Here's some overalls of it on a camera stand.

IMG_0762.jpg

th_IMG_0759.jpgth_IMG_0771.jpgth_IMG_0777.jpgth_IMG_0774.jpg

I did have an issue when I pepped this part on the back.

IMG_0736.jpg

I didn't realize that it was curved the wrong way until I started putting everything together. So, I had to rebuild that part. So this was one of the mistakes I had to fix so far. Here's a pic of the difference between right and wrong. The one that was built correctly is on the right in the pic.

IMG_0739.jpg

Doesn't seem like much, but it made all the difference in trying to get the back together the right way.

I have all the parts printed out and scored to do the control panel that goes just under the chest and the ab plate. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get those done today after I get up so I can move on to the belt. Then, I'll have to harden the torso and belt and get them on the dummy so I can start to work on the under suit. It'll be at least a week before I can get the cod done I'm sure. I'll get something for updates posted as soon as I can. As always, all suggestions and criticism are welcomed and encouraged. Thanks for looking.

Until next time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be a good fit!
If you haven't seen it, go to YouTube and check out the making of deliver hope. There's some really good shots of the used undersuits in it and also some ideas on how to tackle it... Only clue ill give is that it has to do with latex :)

Can't believe I just noticed that you started your own build. You have no idea how excited I am to watch it. Rooting for you all the way!

Looks to be a good fit!
If you haven't seen it, go to YouTube and check out the making of deliver hope. There's some really good shots of the used undersuits in it and also some ideas on how to tackle it... Only clue ill give is that it has to do with latex :)

Thanks, Mike. Appreciate that. I have seen that video you mentioned. Probably more than my fair share of times too. :p I've watched it a lot. I think that they used foam latex, which is a different beast all together. I really wanted to use it instead of the latex I got, but I really can't afford to use the foam latex right now, because of all the molds and everything else. Plus, I don't think my wife would want me baking the stuff in the oven. LOL!!!! The video does have a lot of good reference in it. Thanks for reminding me about that. :D

Can't believe I just noticed that you started your own build. You have no idea how excited I am to watch it. Rooting for you all the way!

Ninja poster!!!!! (I was updating this when you posted. . . ) LOL! Thanks, Vidofnir. I hope I don't disappoint.

Quick Update!!!!

I got all the parts I needed for the torso pepped out earlier today.

The control module for the the chest (This one was a booger bear to put together. . . LOL!)
th_IMG_0788.jpg

The Ab Plate
th_IMG_0797.jpg

And another little part that wasn't with the torso file to make it look more game accurate. I borrowed it from the Dawn Under Heaven torso file that I have.
th_IMG_0794.jpg

Here's what it all looks like together haphazardly taped to the torso. :p

IMG_0785.jpg

The thing that I am calling the control module needed to be scaled a little larger than what it was originally to make it look right to me. I only added about a centimeter at most, but I think it made all the difference. I also reworked the unfold of it to make it a little easier to pep. If anyone reading this has decided to use this torso, let me know and I'll see if I can send you the file the way I unfolded it. If anyone is using this torso file (link on the first page) and wants or needs to know, I just made the outside of the inner rectangle to make it match the chest opening where it sits. I hope this pic explains that a little better.

Controlmoduleexplaination.jpg

Anyways, I have to stay up late to adjust my sleeping back for work tonight so I am hoping to get some work on the cod done. It's printing as I'm typing this. Hope y'all like the way this turned out and let me know what you think.

Until next time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

yeah this is really cool looking, now are you going to do a sort film with this once your done or just doing cons.

Awesome pep work. Your layout and design updates are very remarkable. Each update brings something new to light, and yet it just leaves you wanting more. :cool
Yes. I like most, Will be sitting here waiting on the latest and greatest.

This will be the newest guide/stepping point for most people starting builds after this. :D

th_Thumbsup.jpg
Thumbs up

Like always, awesome, I don't know if you mentioned this earlier in your thread, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did your cutter cost you? EDIT *facepalm* I should read threads all the way next time :p

-Seth

A disappointment from you means the apocalypse. So fear not sir, as your skills are renowned and loved by many

Awesome pep work. Your layout and design updates are very remarkable. Each update brings something new to light, and yet it just leaves you wanting more. :cool

This will be the newest guide/stepping point for most people starting builds after this. :D

th_Thumbsup.jpg
Thumbs up

wish i had an elite giving a thumbs up

yeah this is really cool looking, now are you going to do a sort film with this once your done or just doing cons.

Thank you kindly, Foxleader. I'm no actor!!! LOL! Plus, I don't know anyone who does short films or anything like that. This will most likely be a piece that is used for display and cons. Maybe even a couple costume contests to try to earn a little extra cash. :p

th_Thumbsup.jpg
Thumbs up

Awe. . . SNAP!!!! Thorn's got a thumbs up pic to post :p You're way too kind, Thorn. I really appreciate that coming from you after all you did to help me when I was just starting out. Thanks so much and I love that pic. Just AWESOME!!!! Here's something I came up with for you so you don't have to keep typing Thumbs Up below the pic. Hope you don't mind.
th_ThornsThumbsUp-1.jpg

Don't worry. Thorn will get you too on that Connor's Bow you're planning to build!!!

Like always, awesome, I don't know if you mentioned this earlier in your thread, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did your cutter cost you? EDIT *facepalm* I should read threads all the way next time :p

-Seth

Don't mind at all and I can't remember if I did either, and I'm too lazy to look to see if I did :D The kit was $269 plus S&H I think on Amazon. They have them cheaper, but you don't get the extra blade or cutting mat with it. Here's a link and pic with what came with the bundleI bought for you.

Silhouette Cameo Bundle
612mOJ2fl7L._SL1500_.jpg

A disappointment from you means the apocalypse. So fear not sir, as your skills are renowned and loved by many

Too kind, sir. Too kind. I don't know about renowned or even the loved part, but thank you very much. I appreciate you saying so.

Great work so far! Pep looks super clean and the scaling looks spot on! Can't wait to see more!

Thanks so much.

Nothing new guys. It may even be a little longer than a week before I can get more work done. I forgot that this is the weekend we shift are days working from weekends back to week days. So I'll work until Saturday, be off on Sunday and then have to turn around and go back to work twice on Monday (first at 0430 for a security assignment for 7 hours and second for my normal shift @ 2100) for 17 hours total. Then work my normal shift on nights (2100-0700) on Tue, but wait. . . it gets better. On Wed I'll have to work 1700-0300 so I can turn around and come back in between 0800 - 1000 on Thursday for a training day for 10 hours. Then, I'll be off Fri - Sun. On Friday though, there may be someone we have an early morning talk to. You never really know until Thursday at training. LOL!!! I'll be playing catch up on my sleep and whether or not I'm coming or going too much next week to pep anything. :p I'll get something up as soon as I can though.

Again, thanks for all the comments and support. They're appreciated very much.

Croc co. I'm sorry my friend but you have it the wrong way around.
Spartan_127 is the Elite builder. I was never found worthy of the status/title. I'm just here to watch him as he go's for his second Elite build status and from what I see he is well on his way. :cool
Side note I am watching your Connor's Bow build. :D
Awe. . . SNAP!!!! Thorn's got a thumbs up pic to post :p You're way too kind, Thorn. I really appreciate that coming from you after all you did to help me when I was just starting out. Thanks so much and I love that pic. Just AWESOME!!!! Here's something I came up with for you so you don't have to keep typing Thumbs Up below the pic. Hope you don't mind.
th_ThornsThumbsUp-1.jpg
I Love the pic mod Spartan_127 and it will be in use :cool

Spartan_127 is the Elite builder. I was never found worthy of the status/title. I'm just here to watch him as he go's for his second Elite build status and from what I see he is well on his way. :cool

OK. . . I have to put this in here, because this is what I feel. It's nothing I haven't posted before, but maybe if I put it in one of my own threads. . . someone will believe me!!!!

@ Croc Co. . . . Technically, Thorn is correct. However . . . . In my personal opinion. . . (and yes; I know they are like (_o_) and we all have them :p) I know that Thorn is much more worthy and deserving of an Elite Status Title than I am for what I got it for. And to this day. . . not really sure why I did. Thorn has an eye for meticulous detail, his progress and devotion to the 405th, sharing of his knowledge with all of us here, his going out of his way to help people, are all a testament to his character and commitment to our community and this alone is a reason that he should be listed in the Elite Section. Thorn has had so much more time and effort in this community than I do at this point, that I get flustered when I think about him not being there. (In case you couldn't tell) In my mind. . . Thorn is an Elite and always will be and every time I get praise from him, I feel humbled and unworthy of the praise he gives so much of us. "They" being the powers that be, have just been too busy up to this point to grant Thorn the title he deserves. Everyday I get on here I look at Thorn's thread first and foremost to see if it has been moved so I can formally congratulate him for it, and everyday that I do up to today (and for the record. . . everyday from now on out until it is moved) I am met with disappointment, because it hasn't been. When you posted "wish i had an elite giving a thumbs up" I went back to his thread to make sure I didn't miss it. But Croc Co. . . You were right. Thorn is an Elite. Even if admin or mods haven't been able to move it there yet, all of us here on the 405th know he is and will be.

I'll get off my soap box now, but wanted to put that out there. And for anyone that has the privilege and /or authority to do so. . . . PLEASE MOVE THORN'S BUILD THREAD TO ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the event you haven't seen it. . . it's Right HERE. Thank you!

@ Thorn. . . . Everything above and You ARE Worthy. We all know you are. Love ya, man!!!! :cool and glad you will be using the pic. If I can come up with something better, I'll send it to you.

I meant a sanghelli giving a thumbs up to this build, i didnt want to be left out when thorn gave you a thumbs up....

and I thought the silloete cameo would be the size of an industrial scanner and printer but I was wrong.

And don't you guys worry Ill prioritize that the bow is to be made..... Now! I'm of to chop wood off trees with the tomahawk.

Keep it up spartan 127!

where did you get the good torso with the under padding? the only ones i can find are the outer armor.
a link would be great.

I meant a sanghelli giving a thumbs up to this build, i didnt want to be left out when thorn gave you a thumbs up....

and I thought the silloete cameo would be the size of an industrial scanner and printer but I was wrong.

And don't you guys worry Ill prioritize that the bow is to be made..... Now! I'm of to chop wood off trees with the tomahawk.

Keep it up spartan 127!

Here this is a v1
fd9a2580fef74106e19fdd5f8acbcb01.jpg

I'm better with a pencil than an iPad stylist

Yeah, the Cameo is small. It's only 21" wide and 7" tall (53cm wide and 18cm tall). Be careful with that tomahawk. :p Cool pic. I'm like you though. Definitely better with pencil and paper than a computer and stylus drawing.

where did you get the good torso with the under padding? the only ones i can find are the outer armor.
a link would be great.

For the one that I pepped out . . . Someone posted the link for me a while back in L3X's thread. I put a link to it on the first page above the pic. Just click on the name "Torso: L3X V4 HD" It should take you to the zip file on 4shared.com. When you unzip it you'll have a folder. It is broken up into six files so that the different sections are separated and easier to print and work with. There is also a foam stencil for the torso in it and a pdo file so that you can look at all the parts together to see how they fit. It has a lot of details on it. Let me know if you can't get the link to work.

INFO UPDATE

I've been scaling and scaling and scaling again on parts taking measurements in pep designer and measuring myself over and over too. I'm trying to get the biceps and forearms ready for when I'll need them. The Dawn files are proving to be a challenge to do. It seems they were made for really tall skinny bean poles or something. No matter what I do to make it to where it will be somewhat comfy and so I'll have enough space to bend my arms, I'm going to have to mod them by cutting open areas and adding some extra card stock after pepping them to even get them to fit me. Oh well. . . cost of doing business I guess. :p I've also finally got started on cutting out the Cod file pieces to get them ready to put together when I have time this next weekend. The unfold on the Cod wasn't very conductive to using the Cameo though. It's got a lot of cut lines where they don't need to be and I didn't realize it until I'd cut out one of the sheets. So, for most of the Cod I'll be cutting it out by hand. Hopefully, I'll have something for y'all by Sunday night.

Thanks for the comments and questions. . . Until Next Time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back