Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so they are made for someone like me :p (jk) you might want to check ceriel killer's thread, where he goes over adding pieces to peps to make the large enough for them to fit people.

-Seth

thanks, ive been looking everywhere

No problem, LT. Glad I could help. If you don't like the way that the module is unfolded, let me know. I reworked the unfold and it made it a lot easier to do. I can try to send it to you or upload it to my 4shared account and post a link.

Oh, so they are made for someone like me :p (jk) you might want to check ceriel killer's thread, where he goes over adding pieces to peps to make the large enough for them to fit people.

-Seth

Well, yeah. If you're a bean pole they'd be perfect for you . . . . LOL :p Thanks for reminding me about the vid. I have watched that video by Cereal. I think I've watched all of his vids at least three times.

I already have the basic idea down, and for the forearms and biceps it won't cause any problems to do that and I have a solution on where to cut. My problem is really with the shins. I was planning on leaving it a two piece shin so I could have it fit tight and look a little better. My plan was to join the two pieces together with neo magnets along the seam and a buckle or strap back up. But with it being a two part shin, it complicates things, because the two pieces would have to line up perfectly to do it that way. When I scale it to the right hieght, my leg at the top of my calf would have to be 83mm wide!!!! :( I'm an average height and stocky guy (5'9" 195#). I need to add about another 50mm to it there and the same to the front to make it work. All my weight lifting is coming back to haunt me. Looks like light weights and cardio from now on out. . . . LOL :p With all the detail that is in the shin it wont be an easy fix. I tend to worry myself to death about small things like this, and over think things though because of my undiagnosed OCD. I just want it to look as good as it possibly can at this point.

actually i put it back into 3d and reworked the whole thing so that it would e easier for foam templates and unfolded it again. it was yesterdays project for the day.
sadly i wont be working on it yet. going from the ground up. finishing boots today and hopefully starting shins.

I had to rework the shins just to fit them on so going with a 2 part might be allot easier in the long run. As to the calf, I retooled the top notch in the back cutout to fit my calf while kneeling. By doing that it that way it allows more movement and/or space.

I had to rework the shins just to fit them on so going with a 2 part might be allot easier in the long run. As to the calf, I retooled the top notch in the back cutout to fit my calf while kneeling. By doing that it that way it allows more movement and/or space.

Thanks for the suggestion, Thorn. I got to looking at it and the way it is with the height I have it at won't really be a problem with the bending my knee. It's the inside diameter measurement on the opening that is the problem. And really it's the detail that it has and it being a two piece shin file that is the biggest issue. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend to show what I'm talking about.

i redo every file i get. take out pieces. smooth it over and custom fit it for me.

I wish I had the know how on how to redo a file. I know how to export things to blender and do a little resizing, but once I put it back into pep designer, it has too many faces and I don't know how to smooth it for an unfold. If you can tutor me I'd appreciate it. . . .LOL :p

Thanks for the suggestions and comments again guys. It really helps.

i dont really know how to tutor that. i just kept playing with it until i got it to work. took a year to figure out.
i suggest just taking a course on it.

so from the file i got off here, i turned it into this.
torso00001.png

i dont really know how to tutor that. i just kept playing with it until i got it to work. took a year to figure out.
i suggest just taking a course on it.

so from the file i got off here, i turned it into this.
torso00001.png

The work you did on the file looks pretty good. And I think I figured out how to smooth out a file for unfolding if I had to resize it. I found the threshold settings in pepakura designer. :cool

Not much progress in the way of the cod this week. With the constant flipping of my work hours and having to work most of the day Friday, I wasn't able to get anything done. I also messed up my left wrist at work or something on Friday, because I haven't been able to put much pressure on it at all without it hurting. I've broke it twice in the past, so I've just been trying to take it easy so that I don't aggravate it. Hopefully this next week I'll be able to start up again. I've still been experimenting with redoing the size on files so I can make them look right, but not much progress there either, because of work. This week is supposed to be cold (below freezing at night and 50's during the day). I won't be able to get anything hardened after the cod is built until some warmer temps come through so I can get started on the under suit. I do have everything that I need to get the stuff done at this point though.

Sorry there's nothing new to report or post pics of. I'll get something up as soon as I can. Until next time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, i messed up. i thought that was from here, but i found it was in the folder someone else gave me that was ripped from the game.
i wish that i could start a thread, but i cant for some reason. wish i could get a hold of a admin

Im not gonna lie, im honored and humbled by the fact that you chose my torso over the Dawn Under Heaven file. I know Will and hes an extremely talented modeler and to have one of my files included in where almost all of them are his is amazing. Great work on the build so far, it looks great!

hey L3X, need some help. cant start topics for some reason.

You'd probably have better luck pm'ing L3X or carpathia rather than posting randomly in some else's thread. Good luck with it though. :D

You'd probably have better luck pm'ing L3X or carpathia rather than posting randomly in some else's thread. Good luck with it though. :D
While this is true, i usually check in on threads ive recently posted in regularly for a couple of days.

LT- Im checking in on it now.

Im not gonna lie, im honored and humbled by the fact that you chose my torso over the Dawn Under Heaven file. I know Will and hes an extremely talented modeler and to have one of my files included in where almost all of them are his is amazing. Great work on the build so far, it looks great!

I'm kinda shocked to know you feel the way you do about me using your file. Honored and humbled myself for you to share your input. . . but shocked. :p Don't get me wrong. I like the Dawn chest file. It was missing some details that yours had built into it and I liked the overall look of yours more when I compared them. I didn't even have to change the scale. LOL!!!! You're a very talented modeler as well. The Dawn files are awesome with all of the details that they have in them. I'm finding them to be difficult to scale to me though. Thanks so much for the compliments. They're really appreciated.

Not much in the way of actual build progress. I started building the cod this past week and got about 3/4 of the way done, before I realized that all the other parts that were cut out just didn't work right. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it all glued up right. So I trashed the cod and I've had to redo the unfold on the cod I'm using to make it work. I got sick Friday and have been in bed for last couple of days with a killer headache and sinus pain out the wazoo doing the unfold work. I got it all finished up and printed out again. I'll be starting to cut out what I can. I'm not going to be able to go to work tomorrow (well. . . tonight now) because of illness. Maybe I'll be able to get something done during the day today. I've managed to get some magnets ordered and other odds and ends I didn't have. That way I'll be able to do the torso and put it back together after cutting it apart to have it on the dummy so the undersuit can start.

I also got my Magnum kit from Tactonyx this week as well. Love it. Don't know how in the world I'll be able to put magnets or something in it to suspend it on the thigh right now, but love the detail on it. :p I don't know when I'll actually start finishing work on it, but at least I have something else to work on if I get frustrated with something else. LOL!

Sorry again for not having some progress, but I did warn that it would be slow. Just didn't know it would be because of me working weird hours and then being sick. Stay tuned though. I'll have something soon. Until then . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Slow and Steady is the only way to build armor this good. :cool

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :p It's appreciated. And I love the way you're blowing through that FallOut Helmet. It looks awesome.

______________________________________________________________________________________

PC Issues and feeling like poop have ruled my day today. Still feel sicker than a dog, but I got a new computer today so I got out of bed. While trying to set it up for everything I found that that little bot we had ravaging the 405th a couple months ago also ravaged my laptop services files and registry keys. After I got all my pep files off of it, I had to wipe it out and completely install Windows 7 on it again. It was so corrupted there was no fixing it. Finally got all of that done. Only took about 8 hours. LOL!! And there is an upside to all of it. I started cutting the pieces out for the cod on the new PC and found that the Cameo is now scoring the lines for me :cool LOL!!!!!! It's on like Donkey Kong now!!!!! :D I'm still going through the laptop I'd been using for everything before to make sure I've got everything back on it, and still trying to install programs to the new PC as well. Just figured I'd keep y'all informed.

Thanks to everyone again for following along. I know I don't say it enough, but it means a lot to me. Until next time. . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Bot = ohh nooo!

I'm back from holidays!, working on bow now! keep it up spartan 127, build us a spartan we will never forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back