Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dude that sucks about your computer! But that's really fantastic that the machine has done the part everyone likes least for you, and 10x quicker! You're gonna have a quality pep in record time I'm sure!

OMG im so far behind on this thing lol. Your armor is looking great so far buddy. :)

im behind too, ran out of foam and have no cash. would love to be able to start a thread on here for my progress. still cant.

im behind too, ran out of foam and have no cash. would love to be able to start a thread on here for my progress. still cant.

Hang in the LT, you'll get there soon. :)

Keep up the great work Spartan! :D

well, ive built a lot of stuff since i could post back in 2010. i think the last thing i made on here was my eod helmet.
still waiting on a admin to get back to me.

Bot = ohh nooo!

I'm back from holidays!, working on bow now! keep it up spartan 127, build us a spartan we will never forget!

Thanks. . . I'll try not to disappoint.

Oh dude that sucks about your computer! But that's really fantastic that the machine has done the part everyone likes least for you, and 10x quicker! You're gonna have a quality pep in record time I'm sure!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Vidofnir. Yeah it did suck having to move everything over to another PC, but it was awesome when I cut the first page on the new PC and all the score lines were done for me. I was like "YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!" :p I really didn't mind that I had to score the parts by hand, because I can do that part pretty quick. It was the cutting I disliked having to do. I'm by no means going to be able to pull this off in record time though. . . :p Slow and steady. Right now I'm just trying to do what I canso I can tackle the undersuit. Then, I'll get back to finishing out the pep pieces.

OMG im so far behind on this thing lol. Your armor is looking great so far buddy. :)

You're not that far behind. . . LOL!!! It seems that the last few pages have been more discussion than anything else.

Keep up the great work Spartan! :D

Thanks, Vshore.

well, ive built a lot of stuff since i could post back in 2010. i think the last thing i made on here was my eod helmet.
still waiting on a admin to get back to me.

Sorry to hear about the issues that you're having, LT. I don't know what forum your trying to open a new thread in, but go to the Creation Discussion Forum first and look down on the very bottom right hand side. It will have either "You May Post New Threads" or "You May Not Post New Threads". Check that section on both the Noob and Creation Discussion Forum pages to see if you can post in one and /or not the other if someone hasn't told you to look at that one yet. Maybe your leave of absence defaulted you back to the Noob Forum or something. Don't really know. I wish you luck and hope that they get it up and going for you soon.

UPDATE

Figured I'd at least put up a photo. LOL!!!! Got some work done yesterday to the cod.
It's not much, but at least it's an update. I should be able to get the rest of it put together this weekend and get some more pics up for y'all.

IMG_0826.jpg

I have a lot of work to do to the front of it to make it look like the game from the screen shots that I have, but I'll take care of that once I get it all pepped out. :cool Some of it may have to wait for the bondo stage.

Hope y'all keep following along and as always. . . all suggestions and criticism are welcomed. Until next time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. I'm happy to see that you were able to get this file working for you.

Thanks, Thorn. I wouldn't say I got all of it to work though. There's a lot of places that were modified while assembling to make it look right. :p

UPDATE

Cod is pepped out. Here's the pics.

IMG_0832.jpg

th_IMG_0835.jpgth_IMG_0844.jpgth_IMG_0838.jpgth_IMG_0841.jpg

I had to really break this thing up in the back where the butt plate is to make it to where it would look half way decent assembled. Up on top where all the small numbers are in the last thumbnail. LOL!!!

I did a test fit and it fits perfectly. I'll have plenty of room for the undersuit details that I need to do. I still have to add in the recessed boxes on the front of it and change the shape of the groin protector portion to make it look like the screen shots that I have. Right now it's just taped together on the right side so I could put it on the dummy. I'll take it off when I can have time to get it hardened up and I'll be putting in the supports before I do that. Otherwise it's pretty much pepped out and ready to go.

When I get the other areas fixed up to look like screen shots I'll put up some more pics. I've got to work through Christmas and we are changing our days off again next weekend so maybe next Mon - Wed (Dec 31 - Jan 2) I can get all those extra details added in before I start hardening.

If I'm not back on here before then, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks for looking and as always. . . All criticism and suggestions are welcomed. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Looks great. You really did clean this up allot. The Cod is still one of those parts I working on getting it to look good and still work is hard. I'm thinking of cutting up the back part near the seams and glassing a strap into it so that it clips on just like a belt. Yours is looking so clean in that area now that if you go that route it should be real easy to do.:cool

On another note- Merry Christmas to you too.:D

Looks great. You really did clean this up allot. The Cod is still one of those parts I working on getting it to look good and still work is hard. I'm thinking of cutting up the back part near the seams and glassing a strap into it so that it clips on just like a belt. Yours is looking so clean in that area now that if you go that route it should be real easy to do.:cool

On another note- Merry Christmas to you too.:D

Thanks a bunch, Thorn. I appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure yet, because I didn't want to tear anything up trying to slip it on while it's just paper, but I might be able to leave the cod one piece and pull it up to put it on once it's hardened. I'll just have to wait to see I guess.

The cod turned out really well, Great job :)
I hope you had a great christmas!

Thank you. I appreciate it.

We had a pretty good Christmas this year. Santa even brought an Xbox with all the Halo games to date. :p So, as far as I know. . . He has all the Halo games now. I still haven't played any of them though. Been busy with work and other stuff and still trying to recuperate from all the Christmas stuff and that. My son has been able to play though. He's been playing Halo Reach the last couple of days. The game looks pretty cool. I guess I'll get around to playing some time or another. My son also got a bunch of Halo toys. He wound up with a couple of the mega blocks sets, the Noble Team box set with all six of them, an ODST Drop Pod with the Rookie and a 1:6 scale metal warthog for the regular sized figures. He made out like a bandit. :p I'll see if we can get him something set up in his room for a display and take a pic so we can post it here.

As far as updates. . . I've been able to take some parts from the Dawn Under Heaven cod file that I have to put on the front of the cod's groin protector that I'm using to make it look more game accurate. Still working out the details on how to put it all together to make it look decent and so that I don't need that much bondo or rondo to make it match up. Colder temps this week and next are going to keep me from being able to rondo anything anyway. My plan was to harden the outside with either the Smooth Cast I have left or fiberglass and then put a thin coat of rondo on the inside of everything so if I have to cut in to blend seams, I won't have the fiberglass strands to deal with. I'll reinforce it with fiberglass cloth after detailing is done. I also had to put off ordering some stuff, because of Christmas and all, but I'll be getting back on the wagon next week with ordering some more stuff I need. I'll try to get the mods done to the cod next week when I'm off and get some pics of it posted.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this and following along. Until next time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Happy New Year's Everyone!!!!!!

UPDATE

Hey guys. . and gals!!! Got some of the mod work pepped out on the front of the cod. Here's the pics.

BeforeAfterMods_CodFront.jpg

th_IMG_1612.jpgth_IMG_1609.jpgth_IMG_1606.jpgth_IMG_1597.jpgth_IMG_1603.jpg

It's definitely a Frankenstein Cod piece at this point. :D I couldn't find a file with the little recessed boxes that are on the front in the shape I thought they should be in, so I custom made those little things. There's some areas that need to be worked on since I added the groin protector that I took from the Dawn Under Heaven cod file. It worked out pretty good, but there's going to be some blending that will need to be done because of gaps. I also wanted to add a couple more recessed areas on the front of the cod to match screen shots that I have. I think I can make the recessed area on the bottom of the groin protector during this pep process. I'll hopefully be able to take care of all the blending and the other recessed area I want to make in the bondo stage. Here's a pic that may explain it a little better.

ModWorkNeeded_CodFront.jpg

I just wanted to get these big things done in the pep stage so I didn't have to pour 2 pounds of bondo or rondo on it later. :p

As always . . . all criticism and feedback are welcomed on this. Let me know what y'all think of it and if there's anything else that I could do that maybe I missed. Thanks for looking! Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Edit for Second Update

Since no one has replied since the last posting I'm throwing this in as an edit to avoid double posting.

I couldn't leave well enough alone today. I was in a groove of sorts. :p I put in those two recessed areas that I was talking about above. Here's the pics.

IMG_1615.jpg

th_IMG_1621.jpgth_IMG_1618.jpgth_IMG_1624.jpg

Next, I will be trying to add the little wings on the back of the cod where the butt plate is. Again, let me know what y'all think. And thanks for looking.

Awesome re-work/mod on that cod.

Thanks so much, Thorn. I appreciate it. Did some more. . . . keep scrolling. . . :cool

UPDATE!!!

The Frankenstein Cod continues. :p I added in the little wings or fins or whatever they are on the back of the cod. I found some on another file that I have here. I have no idea who made the cod I took them from or who unfolded folded it though. The only thing I know is it is titled "Cod Unfold". Anyway. . . here's the pics.

BeforeAfterMods_CodRear.jpg

th_IMG_1644.jpgth_IMG_1645.jpgth_IMG_1648.jpgth_IMG_1654.jpg

The last three thumbnails just kind of show what the seams look like after putting these things on it. The last thumbnail is a pic of the bottom where I joined it and shaped it to make it look like they belonged. I thought it would take forever to make it look half way decent. I think it only took about 45 minutes after I got the little things built, and it only took me that long because I'd trim about a millimeter off at a time where I was trying to get things to match up on the angle to the butt plate. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Next up. . . praying for warmer weather so I can start hardening the Torso and Cod. I'm still trying to figure out where I'll have to cut my torso at, because I know I'll have to. After getting them hardened and doing necessary cutting and joining the pieces back together again so I can get them on my dummy. . . . I'll be moving on to the under suit. I was lucky enough to get some gift cards for Christmas that carry things I still need to get for that. :D

Thanks again for everyone that is following along or lurking around. If you have any feedback, criticism or suggestions . . . they are all welcomed. That's how we get better. Or at least I do anyway.

Until Next Time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Very nice mods you put on the cod. I think they add a nice personal touch to it :)
the wings on the but plate look like they are supposed to be there. Thats how good you are sir lol
Keep up the great work :)

Keep it up! Looks good.... Really all other complements have been said...
..my Xbox is going through hard times.... Don't worry I was only playing through Sierra 117 with an 80% energy sword and no deaths on legendary, killed the chieftain with the sword then started my victory slashing dance then poof frozen Xbox...

But anyway this is about you! Wort wort wort!

Looks great. Nice touch with the add-on. The belt line to the butt plate look crisp, should work nicely. :)

Very nice mods you put on the cod. I think they add a nice personal touch to it :)
the wings on the but plate look like they are supposed to be there. Thats how good you are sir lol
Keep up the great work :)

Keep it up! Looks good.... Really all other complements have been said...
..my Xbox is going through hard times.... Don't worry I was only playing through Sierra 117 with an 80% energy sword and no deaths on legendary, killed the chieftain with the sword then started my victory slashing dance then poof frozen Xbox...

But anyway this is about you! Wort wort wort!

Looks great. Nice touch with the add-on. The belt line to the butt plate look crisp, should work nicely. :)

Looks great.....I really like the additional custom work.

nice mods done there mate :)

Thanks so much guys and gal. I appreciate the comments.

@ Croc. . . I have no idea what you mean by all that on Sierra 117, but it sounds like it sucks that the Xbox froze up on you. Sorry dude.

Nothing new really. Been too cold to work on hardening anything. I don't have a garage and my shed doesn't have electricity. So I've been waiting for warmer weather.

The next few days it is supposed to be warmer. It may get up in the 70's so today I went out and got a couple cans of fiberglass and some bondo a lot of brushes and some other stuff to get started on the hardening process. Got a lot of foam to make brushes for the latex application and a lot of cotton balls and cotton pads for doing detail to the undersuit. All in all I think I spent about $200 on supplies today. I don't know how much I'll be able to get done since I'll be working this weekend, but I'll post progress pics ASAP. But that's about right though. . . . you hold out for warmer weather and when it comes. . . . you're working. . . . LOL!!! :p

I won't be working on the bondo stage or anything for a while. I just want to get the torso and cod hardened so that I can start on the undersuit. I'll do bondo work once temperatures are going to stay about 60 during the night so I don't have to worry about curing issues. I will have to cut open the torso after hardening it to put it back on the dummy to be able to work on the undersuit. So, I picked up some stuff for that and ordered some magnets for putting it all back together today. Hopefully there will be progress soon. ;)

Thanks again to everyone following along and for the comments. It's all appreciated very much. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back