Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear form you. Can't wait to see how that undersuit comes along.

I agree with thorn, the under suit is going to be interesting. Good luck, and keep it up!

Thanks guys. The comments are appreciated.

I'm another step closer to starting the under suit. I couldn't sleep today and it is a nice 75 degrees, so I've been outside putting resin on the torso. I've got most of the first coat done. Just taking a step away so I look at it with fresh eyes in a little bit. So far so good I guess. :p Hoping I will have some photos of stuff next week for everyone.

Fancy sending some of the warm weather here? It's been snowing and the sheds to cold for resin.
Looking forward to seeing what you have done since Christmas :)

Fancy sending some of the warm weather here? It's been snowing and the sheds to cold for resin.
Looking forward to seeing what you have done since Christmas :)

LOL! Sorry for the bad weather on your end. I know how it feels, because that's how it's been here for me. If I could send some of the warmer weather to you, I would. And as far as having done anything since Christmas. . . Putting the resin on the torso today is all I've been able to do, because of the weather here lately. :p
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did manage to get the two coats of resin on the torso today. I still have a little section that needs be done for the second coat, but otherwise it's D-U-N Done. :p

I went ahead and glued in the supports on the cod today to get it ready for when I can get some resin on it as well.

I'm hoping that the neo magnets that I ordered for the torso will be here for next week on my days off (Mon - Wed) so I can separate the torso and put it back together. That way maybe I'll have some how I did it pics to go along with anything else I manage to get done to post for everyone.

I really appreciate the comments. Any and all feedback and criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for following along. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoying the custom enhancements that you're doing to the pieces. It's little things like that which really make the build your own.

Or some Arizona heat! It was raining today but it was still like 80 degrees lol.

Can't wait to see more pics Spartan127.

I'd trade for that :D Nothing like Indiana, rain, snow, sun, all of course in a six hour period, followed by tempratures in the single digits, then the next day in the forties (yeah, go figure) and still not warm enough to harden resin/fiberglass :(

Well, good luck and post pics of any progress... (Scene plays out... making first batch of resin... UPDATE :p )

Really enjoying the custom enhancements that you're doing to the pieces. It's little things like that which really make the build your own.

Thank you kindly. I've been reading through your build and love what I've seen. I haven't had the opportunity to finish catching up yet. I will though. Thanks again.

Or some Arizona heat! It was raining today but it was still like 80 degrees lol.

Can't wait to see more pics Spartan127.

I'm definitely trying to get some posted this week. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

I'd trade for that :D Nothing like Indiana, rain, snow, sun, all of course in a six hour period, followed by tempratures in the single digits, then the next day in the forties (yeah, go figure) and still not warm enough to harden resin/fiberglass :(

Well, good luck and post pics of any progress... (Scene plays out... making first batch of resin... UPDATE :p )

Texas is not unlike your weather there in Indiana. Just minus the snow where I live. :p
Thanks for wishing me luck and I'll be getting something up in the next couple days.

As Seth was saying about the weather along with everyone else. . . . it sucks!!!! LOL. The last week we've had 40, 50 and 80 degree highs. All within a couple days and even hours. Along with 30 degree lows. Forecast for this week (on my days off of course) is highs in the 70's lows in the 50's and 60's and rain, rain and more rain. ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! :D Oh and most likely 100% humid-i-sticky nastiness. Oh well. I'm going to try anyway. :p

Don't know why exactly, but my torso is still tacky in some areas from when I put the resin on it some time ago now. I figured it would've set up the night of, but nope. It's not all that bad of a deal though. I was needing to add in some more pep detail on the back of it anyway and that will need to have resin put on it also. The tackiness will just help with a third thin layer of resin I suppose. I'll just mix the last coat "hot" so I won't have to worry about it not setting up. Because I really wanted to have the rondo coat on the inside of it and be able to resin the cod this week.

Just a funny little story and safety note for everyone to break up the monotony. In the event you ever find yourself in this position. . . . If you're ever looking through an area trying to find someone and you go into a garage that's falling apart. . . If your partner asks you to lift them up to make sure someone isn't hiding in the rafters . . . just say NO!! Especially when your partner has a track history of causing injuries to other people when being lifted up. LOL!!! Reason being is because now I have a nice shiner and cut under my left eye because while he was looking, a piece of sheet rock was knocked loose from the ceiling and fell 4 feet to conveniently collide with my face. LOL!!! This is the end result before it really started swelling.

th_BucherShiner.png

So remember. . . just say NO!!!! LOL!

Thanks for all the comments and I appreciate everyone bearing with me on my molasses rolling uphill in the winter time paced build. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Dude that sucks about your eye. Being a fellow Texan, I know exactly what you mean with the weather

Weather is definitely weird. The whole eye thing isn't all that bad. It's actually really comical. That's why I figured I'd share my pain for everyone's amusement. . . LOL, but since it's an on job injury, I've got to jump through hoops and go through a butt load of paperwork.

Update. . . Forgot This Earlier

Hey Guys and Gals. When I answered everyone before I forgot to put in a couple pics of what I did with the ab plate and control panel pieces. Just as a reminder. . . On the torso file that I'm using it has a control module and ab plate.

th_IMG_0788.jpgth_IMG_0797.jpg

I also took a piece from the Dawn Torso file that I have to make things look more game accurate.

th_IMG_0794.jpg

Earlier today I figured out how to get it all lined up and joined together so that they are one piece. Here's what I came up with.

IMG_1672.jpg

th_IMG_1673.jpgth_IMG_1674.jpg

In the two thumbnails it just shows the back. There was a little geometry (over-thinking the small stuff. . . :p) involved in getting the pieces to look OK, but I basically just hot glued it all together after I figured out where things needed to be at. I hot glued in some popsicle sticks as support braces so that everything would stay how I needed it to be while putting on the resin. After I start rondoing the inside of it I'll take those out.

I was able to get the extra pep details on the back of the torso added in where I wanted to today (sorry no pics of that, because it's drying in my dark shed) and was able to get a third and final coat of resin on the outside of the torso. I put two coats of resin on the ab plate, and to be honest. . . that's where I'm going to stop so I don't mess up all the little details on the control panel piece. I was also able to get the first coat of resin on the cod today. Yippeeeee. . . Progress. :D Not much, but it's progress.

I'm hoping to be able to rondo the inside of the torso tomorrow despite inevitable rain and to get the cod finished up as well. I got the magnets that I ordered for the torso in the mail today also. So, after I am able to take a look at where the best place to put them will be, that may be something I can get done this week as well. Those little things are strong too. Pinched the heck out of me when I was playing around with them to see how far I could walk them up my arm. :p

I'll be sure to put up something else when I'm able. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Looks awesome. You even managed to get rid of the little twist that was in the file. This is really taking shape fast. :D

Looks awesome. You even managed to get rid of the little twist that was in the file. This is really taking shape fast. :D

Thanks, Thorn. I was surprised to see that the twist was gone after I glued all of the stuff together. I guess it worked out pretty good. :cool

Update

OK. I didn't get as much as I wanted to, because of work this week. I had to go in this morning so that took up more than half of my day. I have to be back at work at 0430 so I can't stay up late to do other stuff tonight. I did get all the resin on the torso the other day, and I managed to rondo the whole thing today though. Here's some pics. I'll get more pics of the inside and everything once I can separate it.

IMG_1676.jpg

th_IMG_1677.jpgth_IMG_1681.jpgth_IMG_1679.jpgth_IMG_1682.jpg

I started cutting out the portions that I didn't want around the arm seal and neck. So if it looks a little rough in the pics in those areas, that would be why. I haven't finished getting it all out yet.

I had some warping on the top front of the torso. It really upsets me too. I'm sure it's fixable and can be fixed with a little bondo and stuff, but I took the time to go over everything with a heat gun to get it how it needed to be after putting on the resin. Then, I brushed a very light coat of rondo in the inside as a first coat. After that, I used the heat gun again to fix any other little areas. I fixed the top front portion twice. Then, I put the final coat of rondo in and the thing warped again.(Please don't make fun of the rondo. . . it's my first time actually using it for this. . . :p) Can't win for losing I guess. Instead of it being flat all the way across, it's concave a little bit on the top.

The ab plate and control module are just taped in place right now, so they aren't sitting quite right in the pic. I just wanted to get them in the pic.

I was able to get resin on the cod yesterday, but due to lack of light, I was unable to get rondo in it today. I'll have to do that in the next week and get pics up when it's completely done.

The plan for the next week is to try and get rondo in the cod and get the torso separated and then joined back together to see how it fits on the dummy and make any adjustments that are necessary. After that I'll get started on the torso area and shoulders of the under suit. Yippee!!!!! :p

Anyway. . . sorry I don't have more. All criticism and feedback are welcomed and appreciated. Please let me know what you think. Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

The dip/concave on top works well on my armor. ;)
Your armor is looking awesome so far.
Side note: Work always seems to get in the whay of fun. :D

Yey resin and rondo :)
Now I am looking forward to seeing this one develope.

The dip/concave on top works well on my armor. ;)
Your armor is looking awesome so far.
Side note: Work always seems to get in the whay of fun. :D

LOL on the concave. I have a feeling that it will have to stay that way for the most part, because it will be difficult to build it up with bondo there. It would add a lot of weight too.
And work does tend to do that. Especially my job with me being on call 24 /7 365. :p
Thanks for the kind words and complements.

Yey resin and rondo :)
Now I am looking forward to seeing this one develope.

Thank you kindly. BTW. . . loving that Iron Man build of yours. It looks awesome.

A Quick MALWARE Notice

Just FYI. . . today when trying to view some photos in Thorn's Fallout Build in his photobucket acount and while trying to upload some photos to my photobucket account I got a Malware Notice through Google Chrome on the photobucket website. I remember reading a day or two ago in another thread that someone couldn't get their photos to upload there at all so that may be why. I've sent their customer support team an email with info about it. Just wanted to pass it on for all of us that use photobucket.

Update

I got the Cod all covered in resin and rondo now.

IMG_1685_zps68bdbd03.jpg

th_IMG_1687_zpsf4c296f4.jpgth_IMG_1686_zps618e7a13.jpgth_IMG_1688_zps99669541.jpgth_IMG_1689_zpse44f9a6b.jpg

I had some warping on the pouch thing on the right side. Luckily my rondo coat was thin enough to heat it up and straighten it out. The last two thumbnails show it I think. I'm able to step into it and pull it up. So, I should have enough room for undersuit details and I really hope I can leave it in one piece after that so I don't have to cut it all up. Here's the test fit.

th_IMG_1696_zpsb42ab619.jpgth_IMG_1698_zps691ff919.jpg

I finished cleaning up the torso where I was cutting stuff out. I'm working on getting it separated. This is what I came up with for the separation points. I figured that the slot on the top was a perfect point to cut, because it didn't come out very clean once I had resin on it and I'll cut the front part of the rungs. I picked these two places because it will make it easy to put on myself and I wouldn't need any help if I were by myself. This is where I plan on cutting it open.

TorsoCutIdeas_zpsb08d28e2.jpg

The area I circled in red on the back of what I call the rung is where I may need to cut it open to add additional length if it doesn't fit right there. Plus, based on the game pics I have, I wanted to cut it open to make it look like that. There's some differences there, and since I really want as close to game accurate as I can get, I may be doing some extra work there. Here's a pic of what I have from the game that I wanted to make it look like.

TorsoRung_zpse1fe45fc.jpg

I've got a rough sketch of how I plan on putting it all back together when I get it in two pieces. Here's that.

KSCN0001_zpse7619628.jpg

I don't know what I can get done this week. We're going to busy at work with training and qualifications. My sleep cycle will be messed up, because of working nights and days. I'm supposed to be asleep right now, but I had to go to the doc's for a follow up on my eye injury. So, I'm awake and can't go back to sleep. :p I'm going to try to get the torso cut open today since I'm up. That way I can start working on the placement of everything to get it back together. As soon as I get something done I'll get up some pics.

Thanks for the comments and for everyone that is following along with this. Keep the feedback, comments and criticism coming. It all helps to make this project better.

Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

This is a great build so far! Cant wait to see it finished. Also, thanks for the malware heads up.

Thank you. I appreciate the compliments.

Quick Update

I had some issues with photobucket deleting the cod pics I put in the other post I made. I uploaded them again and changed the links. If you can't see the pics, please let me know. I can see them right now, but that doesn't mean it's fixed.

I was going to update the last post with this, but Tigersgrace posted so I'll just add another entry. . . :p If this is considered double-posting I apologize in advance.

I got the torso cut apart. Here's a test fit.

th_IMG_1707_zps1517a1da.jpgth_IMG_1708_zps9d8d34a3.jpg

Without the ab plates it fits back together. With the ab plates where they're supposed to be there's about a three inch gap. LOL!!! So, after I get it joined back together I'll be cutting the back part of that rung and be adding in the details and the extra room I need there. Otherwise, it seems like it will be fine everywhere else.

Thanks for looking and Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Another Update

Alrighty. . . today I ran into some issues, but I'll get to that in a minute. I started the process of putting the torso back together.

Taking tips from cereal I used playing cards to make a dam of sorts by hot gluing them in place on the low heat setting. I JB welded one of my magnets to a L bracket . . . by the way. . . this isn't recommended. Reason being is that the magnet makes the JB Weld do strange things man. . . LOL :p In the future, I guess I'll try some type of epoxy. And I made a connection for the magnet out of 22 ga. steel sheet. On the steel sheet I cut out I bent the back side up about 90 degrees and cut some slots on the sides to help the rondo I was going to pour hold onto it. I cut a hole through the the playing card and cut a 1 1/2" piece aluminum rod to use it as an alignment post. On one side of the aluminum rod I roughed it up and cut slots to help the rondo hold onto it. Here's what it looked like before I poured in some rondo.

IMG_1711_zpsb3fa376b.jpg

th_IMG_1714_zpsa3c7ad35.jpgth_IMG_1713_zps026c2d94.jpg

Next I used rondo and poured it in to cover all the hardware. Here's that. After I separated it.

The Back:
IMG_1715_zpsa5e917f3.jpg

th_IMG_1721_zpsf28d35cf.jpgth_IMG_1722_zpse6d7f59a.jpgth_IMG_1717_zps86a81bbc.jpg

The Front
IMG_1718_zps5b7289c0.jpg

th_IMG_1719_zpsaf50e9f1.jpgth_IMG_1720_zps852f2101.jpg

Some of the playing cards stuck to the rondo, but I'll be able to clean that up with a sander easily while I'm trying to make it look nice there.

After separating everything I did a test fit. I don't have photos, because this is where I ran into problems. :(

When I put it on, I was having some problems getting it back apart. I finally got it apart and when I did, I heard something pop. You know. . . the pop you don't want to hear, because it's the "OMG!!!! What in the hell did I just break!!!!" pop. Yeah. . . that one. So, here's what broke.

IMG_1725_zps97b737b4.jpg
IMG_1726_zps31e4304c.jpg

After yelling and saying a few choice things. . . I took it back in the shed and taped it up on the outside and poured in some resin and put a piece of fiberglass cloth in to reinforce it.

IMG_1727_zps7593a2af.jpg

I guess time will tell if it will work. After the inside hardens I need to put some more resin on the outside of it to help. I'll try to beef up that area once I'm done with detailing everything. And I had already planned to put in fiberglass cloth and resin all over the inside to help with reinforcement since rondo by itself is so brittle.

I did figure out why it was so hard to get apart though. I found that one of the alignment posts moved and was a bit crooked. I did use my dremel and trimmed out the holes for the posts in the rondo and it slipped together and came apart a lot easier after that. So, I guess I have that fixed. Just wish I could have done it without breaking something. . . . LOL!!!

I still need to add another alignment post to the top and then do the bottom section where I cut it. Then, I'll be on to cutting out and adding the extra room on the back part of the rung.

Thanks to everyone following along. Please learn from my mistakes. LOL!!!!! Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back