"Help!" for: Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Spartan X. You can find some pepakura foam files in the file archive. Reach has many foam templates.

My question: iam currently working on a foam armor... its my first armor project... and with the torso i have some scaling issues. you see the front seems to have the correct width, but its far to deep. i have lots of space arround the torso. i thought it would help to tighten up if i cut a V at the marked lines... would this be the right way to solve the problem or will it break the chestpiece?

View attachment 20033

It actually doesn't look that bad. Maybe it's the camera angle. But, there is supposed to be quite a bit of room there for your arms to move all around, plus the chest need to be nice and puffy. :)
Hopefully you can get a second opinion, but I think it looks pretty good. You could also get a motorcycle chest piece to help fill it out under there. Nice work though! You should introduce yourself.. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=11765 :)

Hey all,
I want to apologise in advance because I need some advice scaling my chest piece. I'm making it out of foam and using the Reach torso female foam pep from the archives but my problem is that I just cannot work out the scaling for the life of me! I'm a larger lady anyway and my chest is well... big... and i'm not really sure how to get around it so to speak. Haha I'm not really sure where I should be measuring to and from and i'm concerned that if I make the scale width larger to accommodate around my chest then it will automatically be too long or deep. Arrrghhh! So confusing... Any help would be mega appreciated! Thanks in advance. =)

Hey all,
I want to apologise in advance because I need some advice scaling my chest piece. I'm making it out of foam and using the Reach torso female foam pep from the archives but my problem is that I just cannot work out the scaling for the life of me! I'm a larger lady anyway and my chest is well... big... and i'm not really sure how to get around it so to speak. Haha I'm not really sure where I should be measuring to and from and i'm concerned that if I make the scale width larger to accommodate around my chest then it will automatically be too long or deep. Arrrghhh! So confusing... Any help would be mega appreciated! Thanks in advance. =)
Well, considering that the designs were made based on very athletic builds, people who aren't athletically built aren't going to be able to get a perfect fit with an unmodified piece of armor. That said, generally everything scales relatively similarly, and so the main concern is just that the smallest point/biggest difference will work. If that's your chest, then you don't have much of a choice but to scale it so that it fits your chest, unless you want to bring it into a dedicated 3d modeling program and adjust the proportions of the armor itself. In pep designer you can always use the "measure distance" tool to find the straight line distance between two points in 3d space and then compare that to where those points will fall on your body.

Hadn't thought of using the measure distance tool! Thank you!

Yea, I think I'm just going to have to print it to fit me at my biggest point and then mod around that and hope it doesn't look too stupid. Just going to be trial and error I think. But the measure distance tool will definitely help! Thank you for taking the time to reply =)

there is another tool that is becoming available. It is currently in an open beta stage of development. It lets you scale pepa files in just one direction if needed, unlike Pepakura. Its name is Armorsmith. http://onekura.com/blog/armorsmith/ It might help with your scaling issues fiona 951

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: "Help!" for: Foam

what I have found that works well is spray on "flex seal" I spray it on and brush it out with a cheap paint brush to get a good finish. You can paint over it well too

- - - Updated - - -

good call I use both

- - - Updated - - -

I use a knife sharpener to keep the edge on my blade

can someone help me ,pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
i'm completely new here and a bit lost
i've been dying to make (kat)'s cosplay from foam (hopefully)
it would be my first Halo build
or a build of that size for that matter
and almost all the files on kat ,foam or pepakura are not available anymore
and i can't seem to find her full cosplay at all
i know it's a bit stupid , but please if anyone have complete files for her ,i'd greatly appreciate it

i've found two youtube channels that helped me a bit with my foam building
which made me try few things and they worked but not full builds for me yet
Evil Ted Smith
Angelegend

i hope they help
and please someone help me

So I am Way late to the party but I do have a question. I have scaled the the armor to my size in Armorsmith now would I upload it back to pep or would I print off the armor straight from Armorsmith

So I am Way late to the party but I do have a question. I have scaled the the armor to my size in Armorsmith now would I upload it back to pep or would I print off the armor straight from Armorsmith

You can print straight from Armorsmith. You can see and make adjustments to the page layout under the "Pattern Layout" tab.

Guys this thread hasn't been responded to in nearly 3 years. Necro- posting like that is kind of looked down on around here since it pushes active threads down.

Most of those questions can be answered in other threads, and you can always start a new thread with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back