Noble 6 & Noble 2 (Kat B-320) Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfahbum808

Current Status:

I've repainted this suit from last year since the paint job was rushed. Here's a current picture of what the suit looks like as of now:

580A44D9-869B-4DB9-A8C6-00BD61932E6C_zpsuvcu9lbr.jpg

0E5CFFB8-707B-4E8F-B6AC-62B9F3B680D0_zps3c6l8tfa.jpg

Also added in some homemade suspenders today to help keep my belt up. The belt has the strapping for the thighs attached to it and over the course of walking around and posing for pictures would start to slip down. Hopefully this will fix the problem, as Halo-ween is just a few days from now! :D

FCD478E2-9305-4BE8-9814-D5907C425C6E_zpspdvmx60c.jpg

Hey guys I've always wanted to try a foam build since I've already done a fiberglass/bondo Carter build. I've envied the mobility and comfort that foam offers. Back when foam was just starting to get big detail was an issue that bothered me, but now after searching high and low through the forums I was able to come across quite a few that have very intricate detail built into the foam itself! It was amazing! It has inspired me to try my first foam build. Here is a photo of what I'm hoping to achieve.

Halloween2013.png

I really like the look of the UA/Multi threat, especially after watching thorn696's build. I've decided to go with a gun-metal base color with some color modifications later. I wanted to theme it after Hawaii because I was born and raised here (also because people were convinced that I had bought my costume and I want to prove to all that this is completely custom and not store bought). I will explain a lot of the details as the build progresses but this is what I have for now.

I am currently in the process of ordering EVA foam. I have found some on Home Depot's site for $17/16 sq ft. If someone has a better priced dealer that ships to Hawaii for free please let me know!

I am starting to cut templates out on cardboard to make sure that I have the sizing right so i'll post pics when I get more done. My girlfriend is going to attempt a build with me this year as Kat B-320. I'll post updates on both of our builds here on this thread. Until next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double posting but I have an update! Tonight a couple of my friends and my girlfriend have started our journey into making next year's Halloween costumes. I have printed out L3X's V4 chest foam file and have cut out some templates using cardboard to build a test model to check my scaling. Here is a pic of what I have so far!

13A43C3B-02DE-4C12-BACF-4C592B41D440-144-0000000537CBACF0.jpg

D54E8BC9-9588-44A1-9178-E134E1E3E4BF-144-00000005783FD8F2.jpg

hopefully i'll be able to update this thread at least once a week time permitting. Stay tuned for more!

Alright so new update. I have glued together most of the cardboard I need to figure out whether this scaling is going to work or not and so far it looks pretty good. What do you guys think?

Photoon11-19-12at1205AM.jpg

Photoon11-19-12at1205AM2.jpg

looks good to me, maybe too large under arms

yeah I did a pep version of the same file a couple years back and had to take that part in. I'm assuming I will have to do the same here. Just gotta find out where I can adjust it so that the chest file will sit proportionally on my torso. I'll have to build this up a little more and play with it to find out the exact modifications i'll have to make.

UPDATE!!!

Alright so I cut out most of the chest file and filled the back to see where it would sit on me. So far I think it looks pretty good. I pulled in the part under the arms so it would fit a little more snug. What do you guys think?

ChestWIP3.jpg

ChestWIP4.jpg

I'm going to try and hold off making the chest until I figure out working with foam. I'll probably start with the shins or maybe the boot files to get an idea of what to do and what not to do. More pics to come!

Sorry for the double post but I have an update. I gluing the shins together and have half of a thigh completed. I may choose to redo the shins as they are less than perfect. I tried a different method with the thigh (taping the templates together to reduce the amount of pieces) and it turned out a lot better. I like the look with less seams and less gluing. It makes it easier to shape and put together. I still have to add the detail pieces to the thigh but took some pics of both the shin and thigh on to see if my scaling was correct. Here are the pics!

2952EA8D-149D-409B-B5B5-7E2CA81E3A19-1780-000001FEC27D2561.jpg
F2973A40-2723-4232-B654-8825CCEB2A59-1780-000001FEC937F643.jpg
AA5B6E63-6B6C-4073-B8BD-0B8631F21DB0-1780-000001FECE1359D0.jpg

Leg1.jpgLeg2.jpg
Leg3.jpg

I know the shin looks a little small now, but i'm sure it will look a little more proportional when I add the knee.

Nice how fast it's coming all together :D And with the shin, I don't think it's small by any means, it's one of the harder parts to get it right anyway. Carry on Spartan!

-Seth

Nice how fast it's coming all together :D And with the shin, I don't think it's small by any means, it's one of the harder parts to get it right anyway. Carry on Spartan!

-Seth

Thank you sir! I'm happy with how this build is coming along and excited to see how much faster and easier foam is from a normal pep build. I really like how light and comfy the foam pieces are. I did have a nice guide written by HaloGoddess to figure out how to scale my pieces so scaling was a lot easier than I thought. Stay tuned for more! I should have an update within the next couple of days if not by tonight.

UPDATE!!!

Alright so I was able to build the other thigh and add some of the detail pieces on them. I have a couple close up pics and some of me wearing both legs. I'm surprised at how fast these foam builds move. If I was pepping I'm sure I would have probably just finished the pepping stage of the second thigh and maybe a shin. I really like the mobility the foam gives as well as the lack of weight. These pieces are so light I don't feel like I'm even wearing them! I'm sure they'll pick up some added weight from the sealant and the electronics I plan on putting in them but these are going to be WAYYYYY lighter than the pieces in my previous build. Enough of my rambling though...here are the update pics!

D2C3F11A-4EB6-41DD-BD8B-8485F5F7BA8D-792-000000C80FF302F1.jpg
EA5DA548-250D-4A8A-AFC7-824D2949350C-792-000000C815780625.jpg
B3B1936F-3967-4AA3-B740-4B60DF4EFDD6-792-000000C81A540243.jpg

Photoon11-29-12at229PM.jpgPhotoon11-29-12at229PM2.jpg
Photoon11-29-12at229PM3.jpg
Now that the legs are almost done I guess I can start on my biceps and forearms. I hated pepping the forearms with a passion...hopefully foam will be a lot more fun! Until next time!

Your foam work looks great. The shin looks spot on just needs upper and lower knee. Over all I'd say you are well on your way to a great build.:cool

Everything looks good! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Spartan, you're build seems to be coming along nicely as well! Can't wait to see it finished it looks epic already!

Your foam work looks great. The shine looks spot on just needs upper and lower knee. Over all I'd say you are well on your way to a great build.:cool

Thanks thorn! That means a lot coming from you. Your build kind of influenced this build. I wasn't going to do a noble 6 build until I saw yours! I was like woah...epicness *heavens opening up* lol.

UPDATE!!

Alright so I'm starting on the helmet now since it's one of the two pieces that I don't have accurately scaled. I'm thinking about building a pep version of the helmet then possibly using the helmet as a reference for a foam version, but if that falls through I can always work with the pepped version to make my helmet. Has anyone seen any good foam helmet builds out there that go deeply into the process of making a foam based helmet? I've seen a few but they don't really have enough information for me to jump into making a scratch built helmet.

Guess it's back to the ol' score cut glue method! lol
FACDD46A-A496-4402-8B84-EA87B0090D94-1492-0000018AC38B022C.jpg

EDIT: UPDATE!!

So after a few episodes of mythbusters and a much needed mountain dew I was able to score all of the pages for me to cut tonight after work. Hopefully I can finish this before tomorrow..I would love for you guys to have a helmet to see! =P

9CFDE532-E0D3-46F1-B346-F8A14D3F730F-1590-000001931D82C87A.jpg

Hey guys sorry for such a long pause between updates and the double posts. I'm in the process of getting ready for finals :/. I have cut out all the pieces for my mk.V (b) helmet and am in the process of folding and gluing. I haven't had a lot o time to upload photos but I'll post them when I get the chance. Until next time!

Hello I am new to the forum, your work is so magnificent as the seams clean my question to you. is:
- How much is your height, and what is the measure you give each piece
-As measured to helmet

I ask this because most of the posts I've seen do not put their actions or those of his suit in construction might want it to be you. put these data to be referenced in the construction of his suit

Excuse you. if you do not understand my English and I write with google translator

Tonight a couple of my friends and my girlfriend have started our journey into making next year's Halloween costumes.

Isn't it just great to drag everyone else you know into armor making! I have my 3 friends and my parents all helping me build armor for them (noble team FTW!!). Sorry, I get sidetracked so easily :/

You armor looks great so far, keep up the good work! I can't wait to see this finished :) subscribed

Hello I am new to the forum, your work is so magnificent as the seams clean my question to you. is:
- How much is your height, and what is the measure you give each piece
-As measured to helmet

I ask this because most of the posts I've seen do not put their actions or those of his suit in construction might want it to be you. put these data to be referenced in the construction of his suit

Excuse you. if you do not understand my English and I write with google translator

I'm not sure what your trying to say exactly...but I think you're asking me along the lines of how do you get your measurements for your armor. If you are using pepakura software made by tamasoft you can change the scale of the armor by using the "change scale" option. Just measure the body part corresponding to the piece that will go there. There is an excellent tutorial on how to scale by HaloGodess in the Creation Forum found here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial Hope this helps!

Isn't it just great to drag everyone else you know into armor making! I have my 3 friends and my parents all helping me build armor for them (noble team FTW!!). Sorry, I get sidetracked so easily :/

You armor looks great so far, keep up the good work! I can't wait to see this finished :) subscribed

That's so awesome! I'm still trying to get my friends to get on their builds. They do have a while to start building and they believe that they can start a little later and still finish. I don't know if they're still motivated to build but we'll see come this winter break. Thanks for the compliments! They really do help me stay focused and motivated! :)

UPDATE!!!

Alright so I have an update for you guys! I was able to squeeze out some time of my study schedule to complete my helmet! Here are the pics! ENJOY!!!

I was able to cut out the pieces and organize them using a method I saw on a thread a while back. It basically uses sheet protectors to organize the pieces by page so that you can easily find adjacent pieces if you get lost in your pep.
20E93CE8-17A6-47DD-A632-828E7704D195-586-000000BB196422AF.jpg

Here's some progress building my helmet
25477314-44B3-4721-A754-E06D5CFB65D7-586-000000BB0F65E740.jpg
DC25F4EB-CD90-4BF4-8659-05D5C6819869-586-000000BB148E491E.jpg

Completed!!!!! (sorry about the finger lol)
D0C2CC8E-2E34-4111-A820-02002C8FDFEE-586-000000BD0661E6B5.jpg

a side view
59FF6381-BBA3-4FBE-BBE0-F48C02A5479A-586-000000BC95CC6E08.jpg

and a couple of pics of me wearing the helmet
Helmet2.jpg

Helmet1.jpg

I think I got the scaling pretty spot on. I'm glad how this helmet turned out. Can't wait to get it hardened! Until next time!

Helmet looks nice and clean. Good job. I might have missed it . . . Which file did you use?

I used Jico's file. You can find it on the Halo Reach Pepakura File thread. I like the way it fits, it allows for some extra space for electronics and padding while still looking scaled correctly. It may be a little wide, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back