Halo 4 Spartan IV under armor and utility suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
JetfireRR

- I agree. Used wetsuits would be great under an underarmor or polartec undershirt. Not to mention if someone wants cheap it's going to equal time. Less time more money. I'd almost sacrifice my Aqualung suit since I only dive dry now. The same concept could also be used with 2 to 3mm EVA foam, if placed in the hexagon pattern.

And for those wanting the entire suit done, I'd make a simple suggestion. If you're pressed for time, money, or thermal retention/ release is a concern only adding the hexagonal shapes to areas that are not covered by your armor pieces.

But I must say, besides the few post I have seen back during the reach days I haven't seen anyone start tackling an underarmor suit. Would really like to see someone start it up.

That's the ticket right there! EVA foam would work just as well as it's easy to cut/ manipulate and fortunately much easier for the do-it-yourself types (all of us!) to source at reasonable prices. I'm hoping to shake the stage fright and get WIP threads for my armor build and under-suit soon! So much to do...

I can't really se if this is of any use but........ The red marks are inches on the ruler.

Hextest.jpg

PS..I guess I should mention that is a peice of EVA foam that I heated and pressed a pattern in.

I love the work you've done dude its amazing and i've been watching the spartan ops videos on youtube, anyone noticed that the elites carry the hand of saruman on they're armour???

So I decided to email Blue Realm Studios to see if they're able to give me a heads up on how they made their undersuit material.
Hopefully they'll be able to tell me how they did it and maybe even provide pictures :)

Perfect! I think that's the way to go... Er, to both WIFUZZY and Morphine. @WIFUZZY In case we decide to used the heated computer impression thing, which is perfectly sized by the way, how did you heat it? Oven? @Morphine Although I can see how some of us would get carried away in perfection sometimes NOT re-inventing the wheel helps. Good Idea!

Perfect! I think that's the way to go... Er, to both WIFUZZY and Morphine. @WIFUZZY In case we decide to used the heated computer impression thing, which is perfectly sized by the way, how did you heat it? Oven? @Morphine Although I can see how some of us would get carried away in perfection sometimes NOT re-inventing the wheel helps. Good Idea!

+1 Curious what your method was as it seemed to work quite well.

Interesting mod that has popped up recently in Halo 4 that removes the armor from the player (the mod can select what parts are displayed and what's not).
So there are players running around in undersuits without head at the moment! Sounds ridiculous, but it could actually be a god send for us trying to source reference pictures!

Here's an example - a saved profile picture of one of them:

fullbody1s.png

My idea is to create a custom game (only accessible by myself) whilst having this mod enabled to get a good look at the undersuit and record it in theatre and take some screenshots. Although against the ToS, this would provide valuable information for those OCD'ers out there wanting to closely match their undersuit to the in-game one.

NOTE: I WILL NOT be playing matchmaking or spartan ops AT ALL. This is to be used purely for private use only and not against other players. Multiplayer cheating is a blight on the community and should be frowned upon. I'm also still deciding I'll do this, although I could create a new gamertag just for this experiment only.

with out the armor it becomes so much more obvious the Spartans in halo 4 are far from being anatomically correct.

The only real issue is that the torso is shorter and thus the legs are longer. Hmm, maybe the hands are a bit larger than they should be as well.
Other than that there's nothing wrong with the anatomy, but the undersuit has some extra masses here and there. They're still far more correct than the Halo3 or even the Reach Spartans.

But all in all they look good when fully armored, and that's what matters in the end.

Neoprene

Won't the neoprene be extremely hot as a under suit

May sound like I'm on some kind of vendetta but I really want to find the best (and cost effective) way to get this hexagon pattern so I can start the design and build process.

One step closer to another possible solution, back to neoprene I've found with a hexagon design, although a little spaced out:
http://vesde.en.alibaba.com/product/214124571-201834019/neoprene_sheet_embossed_neoprene.html

Again, I don't know the size of the hexagons and whether the design can be modified at all, but it's another avenue at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back