I figured out how to get .pdo and .obj files to dxf but slight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavior217

Okay i found out in pepakura designer theres a tab that you can select that say export to DXF mutiple files or single file to DXF and save it. When I open it with solid works um it looks like it was unfolded for you or as it was preunfolded in pepakura. There's one catch if you zoom way in to see the automatic cut paths for the DXF file you can see that there is no way a lathe, mill, plasma cutter can cut it out with out turning it into confetti. It's back to the drawing board yet again.........*Sighs* Slams head into desk...........Ow!

Why am I trying to find ways to create better gear but more complicated? CnC shops are everywhere and lumber sold at Home Depot can be purchased almost as cheap as a box of paper. If you're not 100% good at peicing together a complex origimi model than CnC is your answer to obtain armor by the people who riped it from the game like caboose, and the others flyingsquirl..........Can't name them all but anywhoo it'll give you the same ablity to be able to create elite looking armor without having to break the bank. Times are tough and the ablity to create awsome armor for cheap is hard to come by. CnC is the way of the future the way Obama is runing this country into the ground. If I could please get some help in figuring out how to convert .pdo files and obj files into .STL file's I will upload all of the files I have to 4shared free of charge. The person who ripped it will still get credit, as will the unfolder for pepakura don't worry I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder here. Just trying to help all of us make armor cheapier, stronger and cost efficent for everyone. Those of you who do not have your own CnC machine tech colleges have a use per month fee and it's usually just 10 dollars. About the same cost as WoW would charge for a monthly subscription. Why not put that mula to better use and create armor. The helmet, armor, and everything can be made from steel, aluminum, or wood which is the cheapiest way to go. At the momment casting the old fashioned way from having done 2 weeks of reserach cost around 1,000 dollars. People say it cost 200 bucks to cast one part the way we're doing it now. We can still maintain elite proffesionalism because they're are only a select few of us on here who know ACAD and CNC like me and a few others which will make stealing who designed what litterly impossible. People are constatly taking credit for others work on pepakura because it's free to download and realtivly easy to learn due to the tutorials on youtube. With this method you can create armor on the cheap, better strength, and trying to steal someone's work will be harder. I know my critics will say it'll be easier for the theives to put the stuff on ebay but ebay does have a saftey the copyright of the work is bungies and xbox360's copyright and if they steal peoples model property and sell it online a CND letter can be sent easily to that person and their page on ebay will get in trouble. So it's a win win for everyone. Can someone help me understand how to convert the files from .OBJ and .PDO to .STL and .DXF files. I know how to make DXF but not in a 3d form. When I open to view it it's in a million peices in 2d and not one solid cut. So I need someone with a bit more experince than me to please give me a hand. I'm trying to help the whole 405thers by giving something back for teaching me how to make armor. After I learn how as I said previously I'll upload all the files I convert to 4shared and link them here on a new blog once I can find out how to convert them to CnC quality. I know Adam Grumbo, and a few people on here have the G-Code and DXF files already and arn't sharing and that's their right. What I'm trying to do is give everyone a equal right to the same elite ablity to create armor with the proffesional look and feel. Something that won't break the bank and something that you can be proud of as you show it off to your friends. I'm not advocating to my critics to turn away from pepakura I'm saying for people who arn't 100% good at it this gives them another way to feel like one of the pack.

Could you please add soft return's in your text. it's very hard to read like this.

And converting .obj to .stl? That wouldn't be the ebst thing to do. These models are low poly. You won't get the curves you desire.
If you would want to print something you would need a high poly mesh/SubD mesh/PointCloid/CadFile/Nurb mesh
So my advice really is to make a new model.

There are low poly pepakura .pdo's and they're the first to be made to get the files out there. I have no clue how to make a whole complete model. Ya'll where the ones who riped this from the xbox 360 video games. STL is what a CnC carves or cuts in. It's one of two files it'll recognize DFX is the 2nd file it'll regoznie. I've found a way to make a M6 Magnum, I found the BR that matrain lee listed on this site, and I found out how to convert the Halo Humvee into STL. I'm having alot of difficluty with the shotgun and trying to convert the master cheif armor into STL format. So all you have to do it insert a block of wood, or metal into the machine that's bigger than what is cut so you have a finnished peice. You'll have to keep in mind you'll hae to sand off all the burrs and sharp edges so you don't cut yaself. This way it's alot cheapier than the way we're doing now. The way we're doing now it's do it ya self heres the files have fun but it's complicated and not really that user firendly and you have to self train yourself how to use the software and build the files. This way there is 0 confusion and frustration is nonexistant. Will you help me Rundown on the master cheif aspect of the STL file conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back