alternative to mold release ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i ordered everything i needed to mold and cast my projects.... only problem is that the spray release was forgotten, honestly by me when i ordered it :angry so my question --> is there anything i can use from home depot or small local stores and what not as an alternative to use as a release for smoothon products, or even if i have to have some. i have read that you don't need it for non silicone material but degradation is faster through repeated use. Any help is much appreciated. THANKS ALL!

you can try talc (baby powder) I'm not familiar with smooth-on products but I regularly use industrial talc as a mold release.

you can try talc (baby powder) I'm not familiar with smooth-on products but I regularly use industrial talc as a mold release.

Thank you sara, I will have to look around here and see if i can find anything locally. I looked at your build and your work is quite amazing!

Thank you sara, I will have to look around here and see if i can find anything locally. I looked at your build and your work is quite amazing!

Thanks XD If my build comes out half as nice as that warrior helmet of yours I'll be very happy.
So how'd you go with the molding?

Talcum powder or petroleum jelly will work just fine! (in fact , I have spray release from smooth-on , and I prefer petroleum jelly over it!)

Thanks XD If my build comes out half as nice as that warrior helmet of yours I'll be very happy.
So how'd you go with the molding?

i went ahead and none! i had a small fiberglass piece that i smearef some bondo and smoothed it than painted it.... than tried some silicone on it thickened. pulled right off! no problems. digitally on the whole helmet it will be okay ;) fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back