Spartan III Senior Project Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFare

Heya folks, Nico here with a thread that documents my WIP on a Spartan III suit that got me my diploma! This thread is just a bunch of 'pics or it didnt happen' requests put to justice! Browse through and enjoy, folks~ Below is the final product, being sported by my best friend and NorthStar's official model, Patrick :3
Xlp7G.jpg

First off, i started with the chest, seeing as the detailing on those things is more needy than a helmet, i got most of the back stuff done with a combination of FoamCore board and EVA foam, i was beyond happy with the final product!

This little bit is the middle vent for the back, uber close up xD
GwEZG.jpg

Same vent, an hour or two later :p
2haNi.jpg

The entire back, just lookit all the detail!!
8aRPS.jpg

Detailed bits in the vents
BNApG.jpg

And the front of it in progress
m4jIV.jpg

And little inlaid details for the vents on the shoulders~
ezfEh.jpg

And of course, next was the biceps! the thing is, i planned to do some sort of armor on the right one, so i didn't detail it as much :p

Left one after a coat of Plasti-Dip
Jpy5d.jpg

And snug fit on my arm~
z5oeV.jpg

And the right one, after a Plasti-Dip spray and basecoat of silver
5Oiko.jpg

After some long and hard work on the forearms (which i sadly forgot to document >.<* ) i had to test fit it all!

Front
LE6vA.jpg

Side
HlsfZ.jpg

Back
pX7pL.jpg

Shortly after, i made a few trips to my mentor, Kathleen, the one who helped me make the undersuit!

Her, in all her glory, Brandishing part of the bicep-to-forearm underarmor foam
BCdI2.jpg

Sewing the neckseal cloth together
IkMaR.jpg

Stitching in the bumps to said neckseal
gezRq.jpg

After that pic, things got hectic in our house, but i pressed on, forgetting to document the entire below-the-belt progress.. (cod, thighs, and shins)
But they got done in time to present them, and here, i show you all the final test fitting~

Front
wrvCn.jpg

Side
E5fGt.jpg

Back
TFvGO.jpg

And the final wearing of the Spartan Suit~!
bepMH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back