RB's Elite Ultra Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came up with idea that uses the DIY stilt instructions, only instead of building your own brace you can get a pair of ski boots and thread them to the wooden foot. this may or may not be cheaper depending on how you get your boots. I bought mine at a antique/consignment store for 2.50$ so I came out ok. I am in the process of building them but I think the idea should work.

I've seen that idea used before, and to me it just looks like a lot of pressure on your shins. The leg brace is vital, and the best designs I've seen utilize a brace going all the way up to the thigh.

The main problem with ski boots is that you will be unable to move your foot, making it much less lifelike.

Dude, I'm glad your still at it with this build. I remember looking through this thread a while ago when i considered building my own ultra and being sad it never got finished. I'm glad your still at it. :)

This is still in the works? Cool! I've mostly abandoned all progress on everything for quite a while, but I really hope that someone can do this thing! Good luck to you!

This is still in the works? Cool! I've mostly abandoned all progress on everything for quite a while, but I really hope that someone can do this thing! Good luck to you!
I'm sorry to hear that :( what happened? your stilts are amazing!
Well, I wouldn call it "in the works" but at least I didn't abandon it yet. And I was a bit lazy at unfolding elite stuff as well. Yes, I wanna finish my spartan first, and may wanna do some Iron Man / War Machine costume next. Maybe not next summer, but after next summer I will approach this project with some sobriety.

And here's a picture of the bad boy I wanna bring to life. :)

tumblr_ml05yzNgF01snxrm1o1_1280.jpg

I will definitely be following this thread. This is amazing! If you pull off the proportions and do a good job I think elite might be in your future!

Usually people post the link either above it or below the picture. that is why he was asking for it. It helps to post (Click Picture).

Wow! Awesome, I'm definitely going to need this for my own ultra build next summer. I'm just glad I don't have to make my own templates now that the entire elite is unfolded :D

lol that is funny.

yeah it is. :D

Oh dear. I think it's one of those days today.

E: Basically what Dylan said - I was expecting a link/instructions below the img. It's not inherently obvious that's what you are supposed to do.

Added a caption to the image, I hope everyone can see it. :D

Wow! Awesome, I'm definitely going to need this for my own ultra build next summer. I'm just glad I don't have to make my own templates now that the entire elite is unfolded :D

Awww yeah! Another Elite Ultra. :p Well in my point of view this model needed a little cleanup before doing an entire unfold! But well, here it is, straight from the game, unaltered, real and unfolded. Haha.
So you really wanna do a pepakura Elite? This is gonna get real heavy! I strongly recommend a foam build!

Awww yeah! Another Elite Ultra. :p Well in my point of view this model needed a little cleanup before doing an entire unfold! But well, here it is, straight from the game, unaltered, real and unfolded. Haha.
So you really wanna do a pepakura Elite? This is gonna get real heavy! I strongly recommend a foam build!

I'm definitely going to unfold it myself for foam, pep is just too much of a pain to make and would be heavy on this large of a suit aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back