[PIC HEAVY] Halo 4 Master Chief Foam Template Build (First build!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, another Master Chief is coming to live. :) Looks good man.

OK so i finished the helmet and i think it looks pretty cool :). when i finished i had one of those "i can't believe i own this" moments.

Thanks for looking!

I like what you got out of the helmet, I've got myself a stony props helmet too. :D
Package already arrived but is currently stuck in custom clearance, damn stupid custom clearance is taking ages. :(
Can't wait to have this "i can't believe i own this" moment by myself, even 'though it's not a "i can't believe I totally made this on my own" moment ^^

How are you doing with the CoolC templates? Any problems, easy to build?

hey i dont know if your going to look at this thread for a while but i would like to ask where you got the foam templates ? thanks and good work

CoolC has made some, Rhinoc has designed some foam templates with little details on purpose, but easy to build, and last but not least I have tried some foam unfolds too. You should check out all of them. ;)

I used dark grey primer, then a coat of flat black, then two coats of sage green (gloss).I did the battle damage with gloss black.

Okay, but I would like to know what kind of paint you used. Acrylic? Spray paint? I'm asking for the "type of paint". Sorry for the late reply.

Okay, but I would like to know what kind of paint you used. Acrylic? Spray paint? I'm asking for the "type of paint". Sorry for the late reply.
Oh, sorry. I'm using Krylon spray paint for every color. And for the detail/ clean-up/battle damage I'm using black acrylic (not spray) and a detail paint bush.

May I ask what this is for? Looks like a support strut, probably is ^^ but I've never seen supports on a foam build before. :D

3pzs6J7.jpg

Ok, so i have something for you guys. Working on the suit got kind of old, so i'm trying something new. Anyway here you go

I'm going to make the halo reach DMR (yes, i know its halo reach, but i could't find and halo 4 sliced files)

just finished cutting out the templates and will have an update as soon as i can.

002-1_zpsb0cb6f70.jpg

would google sketch-up work? I'd like to give it a try! Too bad i don't have a laser cutter, but, wouldn't that burn the cardboard?
No, it won't burn the cardboard, though it'll burn the edges (that's what a lasercutter does ;)) but since you're applying bondo and paint anyway it really doesn't matter afterwards. ;)

I don't know if google sketch-up would work, depends on the format you are exporting to. I'm not sure what format is required, but conversion shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edit: May I asked how tall you are and what did you scale the torso to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back