[PIC HEAVY] Halo 4 Master Chief Foam Template Build (First build!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagelMaster47

Jr Member
First build! hooray! i'm new to the 405th and still figuring this out, so don't mock me too bad ;) I really wanted to do master chief but my pepakura skills suck. I'm using Coolc's master chief foam template files for this. it will be half free-hand half template wish me luck!
508.jpg
[/IMG]
510.jpg
[/IMG] Working on the left forearm done with the left forearm. but i think it looks a little crappy. should i redo it?

515.jpg
[/IMG] started work on the torso
002.jpg
[/IMG]
003.jpg
[/IMG]
004.jpg
[/IMG] finished the hand plates
Halo-4-Master-Chief1.jpg
[/IMG] progress so far

Everything I can see from the pics looks good so far. I would consider using craft foam to cover some spots and add detail and more dimension. You can cover alot of uneven or glue streaked seams with craft foam and because its thinner, you can achieve more detail with it. Overall I think your foam work looks great! Keep up the good work and keep us updated!

Nice start. I agree with Ghost. Craft foam makes a good piece into a great piece. It's great at covering any errors and smooths spots out.

Thanks! I have about 20 sheets of 1/8 in craft foam so i can add detail. This is my first time working with foam, so i thank you for some constructive criticism. :)

010.jpg
[/IMG] did some more work tonight before bed. I did a test paint on the hand plate. Does it look ok? I think the color is a little to light, but with a coat of black, i think it will look nicer

IMG_0763.jpg
[/IMG] Sorry for not updating for awhile, I've been really busy with school
IMG_0764.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0768.jpg
[/IMG]
I apologize for the blur, it looks alot better on an iphone screen.

Ok, time for an update

TIME TO UPDATE!!!!

here is the final product from the shoulder compared to my scratch shoulder
011.jpg
[/IMG]

and here is my attempt at making a duct tape dummy. Don't mind the scars and scratches on my face. I had a battle with a tree. . . it punched me in the face. . .
008.jpg
[/IMG]
009.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice.

For the dressform, you might want to do your entire chest up to the collarbone/neck area. And don't forget to close the ends and stuff it so it takes your shape! It'll make fitting a lot easier that way. :)

Very nice.

For the dressform, you might want to do your entire chest up to the collarbone/neck area. And don't forget to close the ends and stuff it so it takes your shape! It'll make fitting a lot easier that way. :)

Thanks, I stuffed it with old shirts and put some cardboard in for extra support. BTW i recommend that if you try this, Don't wrap the duct tape too tight. It gets pretty hard to breath, and the duct tape smells terrible.

nice job with the foam. Good idea on trying it first before trying pepakura. being a bit of an expert in that stage its harder for me to do foam (ive been stuck on the pep stage for 4 years, i kinda leanred a little about it) but seein that shoulder I think I'll do that too on my build! Good luck!

nice job with the foam. Good idea on trying it first before trying pepakura. being a bit of an expert in that stage its harder for me to do foam (iv'e been stuck on the pep stage for 4 years, i kinda learned a little about it) but seeing that shoulder I think I'll do that too on my build! Good luck!

Thanks, I owe a HUGE shout out to CoolC. He is the one who made the foam template files. I really suck at pepakura. Thats why i'm going to try to buy a hyperballistik helmet. Anayway, thanks for the positive feedback :)

Thanks, I owe a HUGE shout out to CoolC. He is the one who made the foam template files. I really suck at pepakura. Thats why i'm going to try to buy a hyperballistik helmet. Anayway, thanks for the positive feedback :)

Anytime! Just don't make the mistake I made of giving up half way through a project. When the next game comes out, or you go to a con, you'll feel like crap knowing you could be walking around in a BA suit of armor!

Anytime! Just don't make the mistake I made of giving up half way through a project. When the next game comes out, or you go to a con, you'll feel like crap knowing you could be walking around in a BA suit of armor!

I know what its like to give up halfway through a project. I have about ten half finished projects sitting in my room. I hope to be at the next dragoncon with some (hopefully) nice looking armor.

that looks awesome!!! :D great job man
the halo 4 MC helmet is in the thread halo 4 files within in the 3d modeling section

Looks awesome man, seeing those forearms makes me think about printing out some templates, they are badass but otherwise I think free-handing that stuff gives it kind of a personal note. Keep going ! :)

Looks awesome man, seeing those forearms makes me think about printing out some templates, they are badass but otherwise I think free-handing that stuff gives it kind of a personal note. Keep going ! :)

Thanks alot man! the templates were made by coolc, a really awesome armor builder. I do love the way the forearm turned out, though i still have to do some work with the rotary tool and plasti dip.

Bad internet

hey guys,
i have been working alot on the armor and i have started a new foam ODST helmet. but i can't post pictures because my internet is being crap and i can't get a connection to my wireless. So yeah, i'm sitting here outside of starbucks, In the car, Updating my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back