First Foam Armor Warhammer 40K

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a specific set of files you are using?

Djinn's build is what insipred me to attempt my build and there were links to files in his thread. And those are what Im using as a base. But, as he says in his thread creative license is fun. :cool:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26106-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marine-Black-Templar-(90-finished)

I however live in Colorado and my garage is not insulated or heated yet. So, I figured I'd try to build a Space Marine in foam vs pep/fiberglass/bondo. I can do everything indoors minus the paint. The helm looks tough but, Ive seen a few people pull it off so I'm hoping I too can manage it.

Three day weekend! Finished a shoulder bell and its starting to take shape. :cool:

dec301_zps91591151.jpg

dec303_zpsdfa12f0f.jpg

dec304_zps16ea7959.jpg

Small update. Finished the lower arms.

lowerarm1_zpsbe84ac50.jpg

lowerarm2_zps20520981.jpg

lowerarm3_zps225eabee.jpg

Only thing Im worried about is that I have made them too big. By itself it looks huge but when I wear it with the armor and shoulder not soo much. Wondering if I even really need the uppper arms seeing as the shoulder bells cover much of my upper arms.

Anyway thanks for looking.

What does it look like on you? It would be easier to judge the size if we could see it. It looks great though! Nice and clean. Keep it coming!

EDIT:
And from what I have sen the forearm piece is mostly covered by the shoulder, but it serves as an extra protection under it because of the small amount that sticks out below it.

Coming along nicely, was getting worried that you'd given up as I haven't seen anything new from this one for a while!

What does it look like on you? It would be easier to judge the size if we could see it. It looks great though! Nice and clean. Keep it coming!

EDIT:
And from what I have sen the forearm piece is mostly covered by the shoulder, but it serves as an extra protection under it because of the small amount that sticks out below it.

Sorry for poor picture quality. Cant find the nice camera anywhere. And since I live alone it was a one man photo shoot.

TESTFIT0131_zps0d040a98.png

Coming along nicely, was getting worried that you'd given up as I haven't seen anything new from this one for a while!

Im sure many of you know that real life can get in the way of these projects. Things are starting to calm down here so, Im hoping to get back on track with this project.

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks and interest in my little project.

FatherD.

Great build man, I didnt even know what this was supposed to be when i looked at this thread the first time. It definatly got me curious and through the magic of google i found what this is and your build looks spot on to the pics that i found. Good job, cant wait to see more.

Looks good dude, read your whole thread, I think you have your scale spot on, as for the upper arms I'd be tempted to do something in thinner foam to give the illusion of a armour piece.
The techmarines would be proud of your efforts regardless.

Yeah I agree with angel62sir. Try to see if you can make some upper arms because it just seems like it is missing something without them. Maybe they could be connected to the shoulders so the shoulders move with the upper arms, less of a hassle with parts the can collide haha. But do as you will. It looks great on you! I am so excited to see this finished!

Wow, this build looks pretty damned amazing - which kind of sucks, since the next build on my list was a 40K Tech-Priest, but having seen your work here, I think it's going to end up being a Space Marine! Keep it up man, it's looking awesome.

And like a couple of others have said, something's needed for the upper arm. And have you given any thought to what you'll use for the seals between armour parts (calf and thigh, forearm and bicep)?

FOR THE EMPEROR! Have a chapter picked out yet? I notice you mentioned Space Hulk, which made me think of Deathwatch. Keep up the kick ass work, I'm really looking forward to how this turns out! One of these days I'd love to put a heretek together.

Life got OMG crazy for awhile. Both my Grandparents passed away as well as a Great Grandfather and a Great Aunt and Great Uncle...........life is starting to get back to normal. So, to de-stress I have dove back into this project in hopes of having it finished for Halloween. Heres a few pics of what Ive been up to

1023132056_zpse1ec5b80.jpg

1023132055_zps9b0872af.jpg

1023132056a_zps8bd15d94.jpg

1023132056b_zpsdd205afe.jpg

Sorry to hear about your losses man, sucky year!! But omg that it impressive!! Did you use pepakura files for this? I've tried tracking down some pep files for warhammer but only came across one really bad space marine helmet :/
My dream would be to complete a black templar build!! And a Tau Fire Warrior helm.
Keep us posted, good to have you back :]

Sorry to hear about your losses man, sucky year!! But omg that it impressive!! Did you use pepakura files for this? I've tried tracking down some pep files for warhammer but only came across one really bad space marine helmet :/
My dream would be to complete a black templar build!! And a Tau Fire Warrior helm.
Keep us posted, good to have you back :]

It's a combination of pep files from a bloodmarine and my interpretation of the spacemarine armor from the xbox game. With alot of creative use of whatever I have laying around the garage.

And I ended up just painting it with latex interior paint from the hardware store I work at. We sell these little sample cans for 7 bucks and can mix them in a ton of colors. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back