First Foam Armor Warhammer 40K

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done what did you use for the blue piping and vents

Blue piping is pool hose I bought at the Ace store I work at. The vents in the pack are 2" soffit vents also purchased from my Ace store. I also cheated on the balls for the pack, they are plastic light covers for a hallway light fixture with a 3" soffit vent installed into the opening.

I really like working at an Ace store. Tons of stuff at my finger tips and my employee discount is awesome. :cool:

I love your scale for the armor. It is smaller than some to make it more... wearable. That is partly just opinion due to the difference I have seen in some of the different artwork and models. Some have the Space Marine as just a giant while some make them more or less slightly large human like in size. But then again there are pictures of Spartans like that too. Personally, I think it is better to have it more average human like than buff giant super soldier. So I think this suit looks better than some others which is a little over sized for my taste.

Thank you. For a first attempt at armor making I thought Id start small. Plus Im not crazy about the idea of walking around on stilts on my first go at a convention.

Also: Progress! I haven't quit I'm just really, really slow. :cool:

IMG_0809_zps4c8f75db.jpg

IMG_0833_zps8c2aef79.jpg

IMG_0829_zps3e562d9a.jpg

Im in the midst of painting everything now. Everything is built even the knee pad that is missing in these photos. A bit of strapping and Ill actually 100% finish my two year journey!

Looks amazing. Love Dawn of War. keep plugging along man.

Looking EPIC so far, sadly most of the space marine builds on here get scrapped after a bit so it's great to see such a promising build being continued. Keep up the good work :D

All painted and mostly strapped. Might add two more straps to the cod so it stays straighter. And I have to figure out how to paint or sew a black fabric to the knee and elbow joint flexible conduit. But, gotta say Im very happy with it and plesantly surprised on my range of movement. I can even fully suit up and un-suit solo! :cool:

IMG_0845_zps8f019463.jpg

IMG_0846_zpsa969375e.jpg

IMG_0850_zps887a62c0.jpg

I think I mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that Halloween is my favorite holiday. And Im happy to report that this Halloween was awesome. I suited up and took the kiddes and the wife to my little towns Main Street event.

Where I live all the buisnesses on Main Street hand out candy from 3:30 to 5:00. The moment I walked around the first corner onto Main Street I started getting all kinds of attention and not just from the kiddes. I lost track of stops for photos and explanations of where my costume came from. I dont think Ill ever get tired of seeing peoples faces when they ask where did you get the suit and you reply I made it.

The suit performed awesome for a first run out. I did lose one of the knee joint bolts due to it backing out while walking. And both jam nuts came off on the ankle connections.....but they fell off insdie the boot so no big deal. Lock tight or ny-lock nuts should fix that issue. I will need a larger power supply for my 3 fans though. 8 AA batteries powers them for about one hour.

Got some nicks and dings in the paint but, Im guessing that is normal. Only complaint I really have is that it does make it hard to drink anything while wearing it and I cant sit with the current ab/cod armor.

Oh and Im pleased to say I placed first place in the adult costume contest. :cool:

IMG_0879_zps179218ed.jpg

IMG_0888_zps51df0183.jpg

IMG_0902_zps6163493f.jpg
My son and daughter with me at the city costume contest. Son chose to be Vade rand my daughter chose Godzilla.

IMG_0898_zps1ba9afec.jpg

IMG_0892_zps64ce129e.jpg

Id like to take a moment to thank every single member of the 405th. Everyone here is awesome. Even though I chose to build a non-halo armor for my first attempt everyone here was happy to help with encouragement and advice. Now to get started on my Recon armor. Started a battle rifle but that is a story for another thread.

Thank you again everyone,

FatherDamien CO

I'm not really an Imperium guy but... This... Is so beautiful... It's amazing. This is fantastic. It looks great, absolutely fantastic.
Got a helmet?

I'm not really an Imperium guy but... This... Is so beautiful... It's amazing. This is fantastic. It looks great, absolutely fantastic.
Got a helmet?

Thank you for the compliments. Helmet is the last thing I will build for this build. Ran out of time before Halloween. And I really want to start on my Recon build. :cool:

well as a 40-K player ill say great job and you picked the right color :) so are you going to make a bolt pistol to go with it and which type of helmet are you planning on

well as a 40-K player ill say great job and you picked the right color :) so are you going to make a bolt pistol to go with it and which type of helmet are you planning on

Thank you!

Probably an Ultra Marine helmet. And I'd like to make a Chain Sword and Bolter for it someday.

Photos from the CMN bucket event. We managed to raise Around $800.00 that day for the Denver CMN. And my son won first place at the local theater for the Star Wars costume contest.

_MG_0074_Smiths_zps92dbupja.jpg

_MG_0108_zps0jycpspd.jpg

_MG_0079_zpseondgjz6.jpg
Never hurts to have a little fun as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back