My first official build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithG077

Ok people time for me to post my first official build. Now I have toyed around before but never actually completed anything so this is going to be the first official complete build/ WIP.

here is a pic of a recent attempt
img0057ku.jpg

you can see a bit of warpage on the left side of the visor on this one:
img0058w.jpg

I used bake dry clay to cover it. and not thinking about it when i baked it the hot glue i used started to liquify dummy me.

now here is the start of the official build.
i decided to go with foam since the harbor freight down the street had a sale on the foam mats. now keep in mind i am using NO templates and am making a hybrid/ my design helmet.

img0059mt.jpg

img0060zew.jpg

img0061jd.jpg

img0062gu.jpg

Still more to come as I work on it more tonight.
Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned.

sounds like my custom EOD and recon, one's like something never before seen to the UNSC and the other is well i'm VFXs guy doesn't want me talking about it but it's epic. and part of the armor for it is like something from reach.

Well i got quite a bit more done but now my brain is tired and i have to get up early for work in the morning so here are my progress pics so far
img0070va.jpg

img0071fr.jpg

img0072syg.jpg

in this pic you see the trim i put in to offset the visor eventually
img0073kx.jpg

img0075ko.jpg

img0076io.jpg

img0078vz.jpg

img0079kwc.jpg

img0082mh.jpg

img0083qq.jpg

this helmet will not actually be worn as it came out way too big for my head........ better measurements....gotta remember that next time.

this helmet will not actually be worn as it came out way too big for my head........ better measurements....gotta remember that next time.

As the saying goes, measure twice, cut once. I know you probably won't want to hear that but it certainly rings true in this game of costuming.

Keep up the hard work. The time spent would have certainly helped with technique and also what plans you may have for the design :)

Yea I know the saying lol. This was a "trial run" as it was my first time using the foam approach. Next helmet I will be getting very precise with. I'm already working on a template set for it.

well i could say that i messed up on a COI helmet before the halo 4 launch and i had to cut the back of the helmet out and tried to fix it. (p.s. i use cardboard for a lot of my builts so foam isn't much diffienet.)

Well I still have plenty of foam to start the more accurate better helm. And I am working on a patter/template for it now. The only foam pep file I have found is for the mark VI if anyone has any where there are other foam pep files other than the mark helms I would appreciate it. Looking for the halo 4 air assault preferably

okay it's a good idea to make a template of the parts, becasue look at it this way, i can push out four AR a day with temps, then the two without them. and i'll look around for that air assault for you.

Awesome thanks. Yea I suppose your analogy rings true. I would love to find the halo 4 AA helm but all I can find is the reach AA an just in basic pep not for foam and I'm not experienced enough to modify the model lol

yea i think i am going to try the halo 3 scout helmet that i previously tried with pep since i already have the pep file and it is the Low Def model and has fairly large pieces to convert to foam layout.

yeah, halo 3 recon was pretty easy for me to make from cardboard. (then i went back and detailed it so bad it got five bls heavyer.)

holy crap. i am hoping that with foam it wont be too heavy. i may put some electronics in it as well but im not sure yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back