Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananoPower22

Jr Member
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my future build which will be an ODST from Halo 3: ODST. I haven't started it yet, but today I got to buy 110lb cardstock paper for the whole build

61065_10200164935789043_1493941836_n.jpg

and a pic of how i should look once im done with this little project i've got. the deadline is may 25, which is the day of Puerto Rico's biggest cosplay event. And the good thing is that I haven't seen anyone cosplay an ODST before, so I'll be unique !

541807_10200149650446919_1111225677_n.jpg

I will also build the smg which is the same as halo 3's except that it has a silencer on it. I will find a way to make it removable and attachable so you can go silenced or unsilenced

Stay tuned, my printer has no ink so it won't print the pep files, but once i get the ink i will dedicate myself full-time to this build!

See you later!

Sweet, great to see another ODST build on the go. I'm building almost the same set just with Dutch's helm so if you need any files or help drop me a pm...I also have the back pack files. Good luck, happy building and I can't wait to see what ya do.

Yes! Infact I would really love some help. I only have the helmet... i was planning on starting with that one and get the hang of how pepakura works. If you could send me the rest of the armor (I'm planning on doing the rookie, since he's the first pep file that i got lol, that'd be great..)

I don't have any of the pep files for an odst, but if you have any questions about how to operate pepakura send me a message. I only have a moderate understanding of it myself but as long as your only worried about scaling and the problems that may result from it I can help.

welcome fellow helljumper. and yeah if your from the USA then you'd see a lot of us at cosplays, as for me let just as i've got a lot of sic if cons to hit up and then i got to bust up a furmeet in july so yeah if you know a lot of cons in your area hit them and hit them hard.

as for your ODST build good luck rookie your gonna need it.

I hope to see you join the Helljumpers!

I warn you, this is a big project for just five month's time. My armor took me around a year and a half, maybe a year if I cut out breaks I took. I recommend using Hugh Holder's ODST files for your build. He has a full suit, and they all fairly HD, yet really easy to assemble. The only part of his armor that isn't accurate to H3: ODST is the gauntlets, his are modeled off of H3, which are a lot lower detail. If you want HD gauntlets, look for Kirrou's. They're amazing, but they're also a pain to assemble.

Good luck, I hope to see some progress!

Will these fit any type of body? my chest is 45 1/2"and my waist is 52 1/2"...will this need some serious modding?

and I since i want the Halo 3: ODST look, i think i'll go with no.1 shoulders...

249908_10200171858882116_1476567461_n.jpg

Scaling may be required. Best way is to take a section that has to go around your chest etc pep that and see if it needs scaling.

The only problem I've had (other than making my first helm to small) is the thighs, I'm a chubby guy so to make them fit around my leg I would have to make them huge...so make them the right height but add material to the inside. Also Hugh's file are broken up into smaller sections, it adds to the build time but makes them a hell of alot stronger on their own. No extra bracing is needed. I'll send what I have as soon as I can.

I've been searching for a while but I haven't found any person that sells odst viors. can someone point me in the right direction?

You could use the visor that comes with the model you build. Just print off a second copy of those peaces and you have a template. Also Sean Bradley on here might still sell vac formed visors, he does a limited run every now and then. Mind you I don't think he has been active for awhile now but I'd drop him a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back