IRON MAN Mark 7 build for Iron Man 3 premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvozzy

Hey everyone one on the 405th! My name is Mike and I love you all. This is my first build of an entire suit, but I'v have made pep parts but never gone all the way with them. Here's my plan, I'm going to make the whole Mark VII suit out of pep. I want to use LED's for the ark and the eyes, also am going to motorize the face plate and jaw to open just like the movie and maybe the flight stabilizers on the back...

Some pics
20130105_235246.jpg
20130105_235254.jpg

I'm going to be making another, this one is now my fiance's lol it fits her perfectly!

This pep file has the head, jaw,and the mask not joined. Any ideas on how to put all of them together to harden it? And its suppose to have the teeth in it, I just didn't do it.. lol

Hey, nice to see a Ironman build, they are always pretty good :) I'm not sure what to do with attaching the pieces...Maybe just use hot glue and smear it on the crack between the pieces and push them together o_O....Sorry, not sure, but the helmet looks good :D

If you want it to stay perma, then I would say just glue it down, but I have a feeling you want it to be connected temporarily so that when its hardened all the pieces still fit, right? In that case my guess would be to get some of those little.. office clippy things...

12-pinces-a-dessin-office-depot-double-clip-19-mm-1457910.jpg

Use tiny ones of those and attach the pieces together by interior tabs. Resin it up, careful not to goop up the seams, and if anything sticks? Just use a small blade and separate it up!

Pep looks real nice though, will be interesting to see it evolve.

I going to try and make the ear pieces better when i start making it again or find an alternative for them, aka wood, plastic... something

I'm also going to motorize the face and jaw similar to this video

Last edited by a moderator:
Most make it as one then cut the faceplate out as I did. That way it all lines up. You are goig to have much more work to do if you try to make the pieces seperate.

Edit. Although thinking on it using the clips to hold it in place is a good idea. You could resin just shy of the where the helmet and face plate meet, avoiding getting any in between, then once set you can resin the edges with the pieces separated.

update on helm
Iv been very busy this week this is all I'v got done, buut I'm still going to be working on this through the next few days. (fingers crossed)
Onward to the mask
20130111_175408.jpg

20130111_175421.jpg

20130111_175432.jpg

I would love if you could explain your hinge servos. I have no idea where to begin with what is what, but always wanted to do my helmet with such electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back