Silent Hill. Pyramid Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax79

So I know this is a Halo website but I have desided to blog my next costume.
I have made two other Pyramid Head Helmets before but its time to make one that is perfect.

Here a a pic from the second film to show what I will make!

03A39556-205C-4530-9A02-14975F0185B2-217-000000122D54AC5C.jpg

And Here is a 1st look at my V3

668D205E-745B-4D6C-9942-17596E2D790C-217-00000011887A69AF.jpg

Make me BIGGER!

So the previous picture shows the chassis. The basic shape. I used a PEP file and upped the scale so that the size of the peak (Nose to head tip) was 1 meter. I'm 5"11 so this would be a good size for anyone of my hight.

162D8670-8E9C-4029-898E-A716CC22409E-217-000000119C705D14.jpg

The picture above is the rear in its chassis state. As you can see its just a shell at the moment. Once the glue had dryed I added the next layer: The back pannels.

33C006FE-C4B7-463B-B593-9F8748A35E08-217-00000011AED991EE.jpg

Here it is with the back pannels and neck protector. I will be making the neck brace but that's weeks away!!

More Card!

So I've added an extra layer of card to the back and sides. This has strengthened the helmet and you can see how the back will look. I will be adding bolts to the back and sides.

13150ACD-0830-47D9-A489-0403D2408BDB-217-00000011B0099D80.jpg

I will be covering the helmet in resin and using expanding foam within.
Wish me luck!!

Bolt it on!

Here is a side view of the helmet with its side bolts.

58A2B111-B8BC-4021-AD11-6ADA2EC9CC03-217-00000011F403C6E6.jpg

I will be adding pannels into the front. The two pannels will be made from some sort of grill that I can see throw. I have also desided to add the 'bobbles' into the viewing pannels making it harded for me to see, but making PH look sweet!!

Picture below, This is the helmet with its back bolts added. The picture to the right is the crappy image I'm using to help me get the parts in the right place. If anyone has a good picture of the back of the helmet please send to me or add to this thread :)

D76A3EFB-FB53-4772-8927-E60F878EAD0C-217-00000011E907F1A1.jpg

Looking really neat. I just warn about using expanding foam. Make sure it's real nice stuff you know well, and DON’T use just home depot expanding foam stuff for construction. Do know some expanding foams will appear to stop expanding, but then will continue to 'grow' and release fumes over the course of a few weeks to even months. These fumes can be toxic to inhale, and if it continues to expand? It can damage the product or make the space for your head a lot smaller.

My suggestion would be to get some reticulated foam and fill the void with that. The big cell stuff they use in outside furniture would be good, as it has huge bubble holes in it to let water flow through, and in your case? Air circulation.

Are you planning to use stilts to give yourself the huge height this character has? If so I commend you for a stilt build! They are difficult but can be impressive in the end.

Great feedback!
I used foam for my Noble 6 and it worked well for strengthening the inside. I will use some at the top 'Tip' of the helmet (Even PH bumps his head on doorways from time to time). But your right about some foams being DANGEROUS!

Stilts... YES! My last PH i used boots with 12" blocks on the bottom. I looked good standing about but walking was a bitch!! This time I will look into building some light weight stilts that support my ankles.

The onething I want to do this time is my chest (Laytex torso) I have no idea how to make or were to buy???? Any feedback in this area would be much appreciated!

Oh oh I have looked into a lot of this sheet. I will say I haven't TRIED any of this, but in concept it is all solid.

With custom homemade stilt things, you need NEED to support the joints or else you are in for a world of hurt. If you happen to step on a rock and the entire thing twists? There is a high chance an ankle can snap without proper stability. So you're lucky with those blocks not causing you issues D:

If you want ideas, I say look up 'Digi Stilts' on YouTube. Lots of homemade ones, and while you'd be going for a flat footed look? You can see how people make their ankle supports. OR Buy a pair of rollerblades or snow boots from Good-Will. They bind the ankle well to prevent twists.

For the chest, I say take a note from a very skilled person on this forum, and add to it.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39172-Halo-4-undersuit-(undecided-on-armor)

If you layer muscle groups atop a base suit, you can have that buff look, fill out broad shoulders, and have a good foundation. From there, you paint on some paintable latex overtop to seal it all into one 'flesh' layer. But do know you will need to buy special latex paints to be able to get a real skin color. ((Using an old toothbrush to flick brown can give a natural speckled freckle look on limbs.))

This will be VERY HOT though, easy to overheat. As such, a tip is to cut out the underarms and make it a skin colored mesh to allow some breathability. It isn't in a super visible point, and is good to release some warmth. For full body suits they say to leave the back of the knees, groin, and underarms meshed. But you probably know this XD I just like to give out tips just in case :3

I have always thought that Pyramid Head was one of the most disturbing costumes I have ever seen...and it makes me really want to build one :).

Pyramid Head helmet PEP

So I've had a couple of messages about the PEP file. Here it is!

http://www.4shared.com/file/LdMMKXRO/Pyramid_Head_helmet_DAX79.html

I found it years ago but did not know how to open it.... then I found it again hidden within my computer when I was building my Noble 6.

PEPPH_zps0db75d9b.jpg

I'm 5"11 and made the frunt 'nose' from top to bottom 1 meter. So if your taller add an inch or smaller lose a inch.

Glad to help and feel free to tell me how you do and come see my PH videos on youtube (Link below)

You must build one! I walked about in my last PH cosplay and people stood back, it was crazy! PH has been my cosplay for years and the repose is nuts.... I built my noble 6 and headed out, what a difference ! People would run up to me and jump on my back! 1St day out some girl ripped my left shoulder off!!

PH, not the same. I have been Cosplaying him since 2006 and nobody has ever jumped on me! People respect him, fear him... Or just love him!!!!

Looking good. I've been considering making a Pyramid Head costume, and now I may have to! I'm gonna use it for when it's super foggy in my area (right on the coast) and walk through town to see if anyone freaks out. Complete with the sword of course. I'd have to attach a small piece of aluminum at the tip so when I drag it, it scrapes and grinds for the full effect!

...even big red hits his head from time to time...

Started on the 1st layer of fill today, I will sand it down after I fill all the gaps!
Hope you all like!!!!!!!!!!

image_zps0438c2d6.jpg

Shaping up nicely

Added the nose 'beam'
This will realy help with the look and give the 'blade' effect. Also the gaps are all filled in and I just need to cover in resin.

67F2BAF0-F6B3-417B-8ECC-8AF607E13BDA-4520-000009DF7A21AE70.jpg

Big desision to make do I use metal grills or rubber mesh on the sides? Metal has weight but the 'bobbles' will atatch easyer. Rubber is light but flimsy

C20E360A-D803-496F-80A4-ED86AB3B8417-4520-000009DF918A8D8F.jpg

looking very good - keep up the good work! I was going to ask how you see out of that thing but you answered that question above.

I was wondering how you print out the template for this, since it is such a large construction. Do you scale the file up, print it out & then tape the pieces together for your template, or do you go to a print shop & have them print it out on a large piece of card stock? I'm mired in my Mk VI build for the immediate future but will tackle this project at some point.

I print it out on paper, stick together then lay on card, draw around and cut! I used a PEP at 1st but then used my ref pictures from the movie to get the neck protector right. I have a projector that can be used on files too: I can put a small PEP under then project it on a wall (and paper) and change the size by moving the unit. Once I have the correct size, use a Sharpy on the paper/card and draw the patton.

I look forward to seeing your PH once you have finished your Mk VI!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back