Halo 4 Scanner Helm 1st Time Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosMech

First time attempting an unfold - Any Feedback is welcome.

Hey Gents/Ladies of the 405th i've been around for ages and building my suits, yet to start a thread but as i'm on a break... one of my friends sent me a Halo 4 Scanner Helmet. So i thought i'd have a go at unfolding for the first time.

As i'm not the original Author to the 3D model i was hoping someone could help with the name tag. * Found the Author - Monkeyfuj *

Feedback would be welcomed.

Model by Monkeyfuj

The Original 58 pages! - What a mess ^^

414199_10151394010897089_1408874037_o.jpg

Did some playing around and the next is at 44 Pages - still pretty big!

New Scanner Helmet:
Scale - 240 Wide
34 Pages Helm
10 Pages Scanner Attachment * Though i think a few parts are in the helmet section by mistake*

616502_10151394002627089_485242993_o.jpg

Ok so now working on changing scale, sorry for so many updates, just been pretty bored.
I scaled the helm down as it's slightly thinner than the Reach helms i had been basing scale off of. So i figured for Width scale it had to lie between 210 mm and 220 mm wide. So the latest is unfolded onto A4 at 210 mm wide.

Final Version:
Scale - 210 mm Wide
27 Page Total
457567_10151395485172089_1861884537_o.jpg

58 Page File Link: - Honestly who would want it though.
http://www.4shared.com/file/9DZwcYZV/Scanner_Helmet_complex.html?

NEW 44 PAGE Link 240 mm Scale: - Smaller is better right?
http://www.4shared.com/file/aDp0bfRF/Scanner_Helmet4.html?

Final Version 27 Page total 210 mm Scale: - Feedback?
http://www.4shared.com/file/Mzaagq8q/Scanner_Helmet210.html?

Some of the pieces i find are too small. I.E the parts sunk into the helm have a slight border, normally what i do when building is ignore these pieces and then use some 2mm craft foam make a border of same depth and then stick a backing piece on.

i can only try smaller again but i think this size is quite decent. Any input is welcome :]

Regards
CosMech

Ha bro i feel your pain, I havent managed to get that thing below 250 pieces or so yet, Sai-257 is the one who has been working on unfolding it for about 2 months now. The model is from Monkeyfuj, gimme a sec and Ill try and find the link, I think it was in the Halo 4 helmet request, or halo 4 file database threads.

http://www.4shared.com/file/IptDk_oe/SCANNER_HELMET_modeled_by_monk.html OK guys well here you go but as is this one is still folded. http://www.4shared.com/file/Gv69TN_k/Scanner_Helmet4.html? And this is the unfolded (not trying to step on toes all credit to you CosMech) By all means use CosMechs if you want to, and while I mean no disrespect, 58 pages is a little much, I think Sai-257 should be done shortly or if CosMech can size this down a little then I'm going to wait.

Link Added, though i am working on a smaller version,
as this was originally on 110 pages i got it to 58. Newer version at the moment is on 60 pages so i can possibly shrink it down to about 20+ or less. I'll try my best.

20 is definitely more workable than 60 lol. But seriously, I tip my hat to you for even getting that far, unfolding aint easy, and this helmet is complicated to begin with. Can't wait to see what you come out with. Best of luck.

Looks good my man, but you may want to change that scale just a wee bit lol, that helmet is huge! After that you may be looking at around 25-30 pages. Very well done!

Looks good my man, but you may want to change that scale just a wee bit lol, that helmet is huge! After that you may be looking at around 25-30 pages. Very well done!

Mmmm that's the problem i might be having now, As it's similar to the commando helm from carter i took a look at the unfold width and then the one i have built was at 240 wide, my Jun helmet is at 241, so i gave it the default of 240mm wide. Though this may still be too big.

Working again on the unfold and lay plan i got it to 27 pages at a scale of 210mm though at 220 it'll probably be on 28 and i think it's pretty much done.

Mmmm that's the problem i might be having now, As it's similar to the commando helm from carter i took a look at the unfold width and then the one i have built was at 240 wide, my Jun helmet is at 241, so i gave it the default of 240mm wide. Though this may still be too big.

Working again on the unfold and lay plan i got it to 27 pages at a scale of 210mm though at 220 it'll probably be on 28 and i think it's pretty much done.

Awesome,( Cue the Hallelujah Chorus) and by the way thanks for taking the time to unfold that monster! I know what ill be doing when I get home from class today! ;)

Glad you were able to unfold this. Work's had me all sorts of busy so I haven't been able to get more than 60% done. Might leave it at that since you already did it. Nice job btw.

Any news on a link to this pep file? The one provided triggers a very large amount of Spyware and malware. If there is a new link and someone has it I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back