My first suit build. Hayabusa Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on the helmet for awhile. It is in the bondo stage at this point. I also have been working on the MKVI chest with the busa pieces. I will be posting pictures soon. If you have any pointers please tell me what you have to offer. That would be helpful

i have one pointer for you...measure everything at least twice, and if you right click the 2d model you can use the measure distance tool to check size. its a life saver

Thanks. I think I got the helmet and the chest scaled correctly the first time. Hopefully I did because i'm making the hd chest and it has taken a long time. I will post pics when its done and tell me what you think

photo_zps96f13660.jpg

Here is a picture

looking great so far. You went with a much harder model than I did for my first suit.

Here's a quick tip is better to slightly over scale than to under scale because it is easier to cut down a piece than to completely remake the piece.

trust me i know i under scaled my thighs and i now have to rebuild them. on the other hand i slightly over scaled my torso and all i had to do was just slice it down a little.

second make sure you factor in all three measurements you want to be able to put the suit on i encountered this problem with my helmet because i scaled it so my head would fit inside but i didn't factor in the hole.

just keep those in mind and you will be fine.

Looks good so far. And bravo to you for taking on such a big task such as the busa for a first project. Best of luck to you. +1 sub

Nice to see someone making a Hayabusa suit, good luck on your build hope to see more progress I can tell you from my expperiance building a Haybusa its no diffrent than building the MKVI but the helmet is a challange and mounting the shoulder pieces are a pain but otherwise its really an MKVI with a couple add on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back