Pepakura Captain America Shield WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

S323

Jr Member
So here is my first build. After lurking on these forums for about month I'm hoping I've learned enough to do this right (it is Captain America's shield after all). Anyways I finally registered on the forum a couple days ago so I am actually in the middle of my project, here are some pics of the build phases I've gone through so far.

p.s. Oh yeah for some reason I had a brain fart and forgot to take pics while I was folding the shield, so the first stage is after I applied the first coat of resin to the outside.

PICT2026-Copy_zps680498fa.jpg

PICT2027_zps13091358.jpg

I watched Stealth's tutorials on youtube while I was planning out the project so I used his method of getting the fiberglass placed with spray on adhesive before I applied the resin.

PICT2029_zps621a9c4b.jpg

PICT2028_zps5de3698c.jpg

And finally after I'd applied the resin.

PICT2032_zpse3f3dd51.jpg

Well that's all I've got for now, hopefully I'll have some more pics soon after I smoothed the outside with bondo.

Looks great, I think I saw another thread a while back with two different shield sizes. I was thinking about making one, it would be cool to hang on a wall.

this is super cool! i'm a huge Cap fan!! Please post a link to the pep file

woah, this looks really good man, can I get the pep file for this? I;m not that big on captain america, but I have friends who are haha

Ok to make it clear this isn't my file, and after a quick google search I could not find the original modeler. Apologies if they're still out there. Anyways here's the file for you guys.

http://www.4shared.com/file/cjUf419S/Captain_America_Shield_-_Corre.html

Sorry about the double post but got a new update. Just started on the first layer of bondo work.

DSCN0359_zpsb7b7d315.jpg

DSCN0361_zps23a717e2.jpg

That's all I got for now, stay classy guys.

This thing is sick! Keep it up! I just downloaded the file myself and will be making it for a friend in the next couple weeks. Hopefully it comes out as nice as yours has so far.

Rex out.

Alrighty guys new update, and I'm pretty sure I got just what you're looking for.

Drumroll please...

More Bondowork, Yay:D

PICT2037_zps64618cc2.jpg

PICT2039_zpseafdb824.jpg

I've been working on trying to even out some spots that warped, as you'll see in the next photo the right side of the shield bends at a slightly different angle than the left side.

PICT2038_zpsa00d3405.jpg

Oh, yeah this isn't really an update but, I decided to take a little break from the shield and actually make something from Halo.

PICT2036_zpsb313433d.jpg

Well that's all for now. Any comments, tips, or criticism are welcome. Until next time see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back