File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost done. it is seamed back together about 90%.

mirrored with clipping engaged to 0.00000.
didactalmostdone.jpg

sealing the seam together, front
didacttieupseams.jpg

back area
didactbackseam.jpg

side view
didactsideview.jpg

bottom, this helm has a huge opening at the bottom, I will probably add to the opening to make it look more like a proper helm opening.
didactbottom.jpg

almost there
didactalmostdone2-1.jpg

just testing, removed double, recalc etc

it will be a scary looking helm, that's for sure.
didact.jpg

testing in pep, I also use to look for open seams etc.
didactpeptest.jpg
oohhh not what I wanted to see. red lines equal open areas, will fix.... later probably daughters are pulling at my leg.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE DIDACT!!!!

It's looking great man! I hope you can get your setup, set-up (lol) so you can get some more awesome work on this :p

-Seth

thank you Seth and Rainbow dash.

added a helmet opening lip to the bottom as a test. Have not fixed open edges yet. saved work as a different blend file.

didactbottomwithaddedhelmlipopening.jpg

didactbottomwithaddedhelmlipopening2.jpg

ok I think I got all the open edges and intersecting vertices that I could find. tested in pep and no red lines appeared.

pep test
DIDACTHEMPEP1.jpg

I think its ready if anyone wants to go through it with a fine tooth comb and see if they find anything let me know and I will post the link to the pep or .obj if you know how to model. it

edit#2: reworked the didact helmet, fixed a bunch of stuff especially on the nose and for head area, cut new details into the helmet, attached free floating piece on side of helmet
redid the helmet opening.
didacthelmet.jpg
new pep link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jvimfkrbb8og561

pep link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9c9l9p24messpan

.obj link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q9tx9xmvhl0b1hz

I think cortana got a little carried away with the armor upgrade. ha. DERP
UPGRADE.jpg

don't get mad....

UPGRADE.jpg

*Verge of crying*

BWAAHAHAHAH

haha! That's awesomely funny!

*chief sits up*

Cortana: John, I have something to admit.

Chief nods.

Cortana: I REALLY hate your helmet.

Chief looks in the mirror.

Chief: I'm going to need a helmet....

XD

I don't have the time to unfold it, but I think it would be good to post a link to it, or pm a few prominent unfolders to do it.

Good work man!

-Seth

Don't cry big.

Seth, I wouldn't consider the file done but if any one wants to play with it or change something wrong they can. if it looks good then can some one please unfold it.

I plan to work on the armor as well, but not today and the forerunner weapons as well. now those are going to be fun to get them separated and pepable.

check this out:

kinda already started
FORERUNNERRIFLE.jpg

HUGE thanks to ZOMBIEGRIMM for the files.

just trying to learn blender cycles........ unfortunately its still not where I want it to be. frowny face.

DIDACTCRIMMSON.jpg

alright I had some time today to mess with this.

original, with unwanted (for now) parts removed. the shoulder piece on the left of the pick(not the highlighted area) should I leave it as a separate piece or tie it in to the chest and back piece?
didactarmorunsplitoriginal.jpg

here you can see the intersecting vertices, It is a lot of fun getting all of the needed faces highlighted to be able to separate them from each. each section is modeled separately but then assembled together by intersecting the faces to where they want them to make up the armor.

didactarmorintersectingverts.jpg

back area
didactarmorback.jpg

after about of an hour of working on this. it is in the beginning stages of being split and cleaned up
didactarmorsplit2.jpg

didactarmorsplit.jpg

I absolutely love doing this. to me it is a lot of fun, if only this was my career choice but back then this was virtually unheard of when I was going through high school.

I need some feed back on the didact helmet if some one could give me some it would be great.

edit:
the more I dig the more I need to separate
didactarmorsplit3.jpg

sugar honey iced tea, this armor is fun to put back together. the highlighted area is done( second picture down), I just need to stitch the big chest piece onto the center of the chest piece and the front should be done. the armor is double sided or boxed in don't know if you guys and gals would prefer it this way, let me know. see pic below ( first pic).......but this is all I will do for today as I got to drive to Victoria, Texas to go to work at three am tomorrow. I should be done with work on Thursday night. hope you guys are excited as me about this model, hopefully it will be pep ready soon.

highlighted area in yellow is what I meant by double sided or boxed in.
didactarmor8.jpg

didactarmor9.jpg

Thank you very much for your hard and freaking amazing work.

You are welcome. I hope the pics are clear enough along with short explanation I give. This aren't my models but I am doing some heavy editing to them. I am learning a lot just doing this in respect to modeling.

I got the chest and back piece together. their are a lot of free floating pieces that are no way attached to the armor. some crazy yahoo is gonna have fun building this when it is ready.

putting both halves back together and seaming up the edges.
didactarmorseamup.jpg

all together
didactarmoralmostdone.jpg

checking for open edges in pep
didactpeptest2.jpg

daaannnngggg. well at least there aren't that many open edges. derp

all I got to say is that this was a lot of fun putting it back together. I will work on it some more, you know... minor stuff that I really didn't like when I seamed it back together but I didn't want to change it that much.

edit: fixed open edges and intersecting vertices as I could find.

didactarmorpeptestfixed.jpg

remember these aren't 100 % ready , but if any one wants to mess with these some more, look through them with a fine tooth comb here they are. if they are good please unfold. enjoy.

didact chest and cod and back .obj ?
http://www.mediafire.com/?5r036vmme7y57x8

didact chest and cod and back pdo ?
http://www.mediafire.com/?bdg12t1mnp1j0lb

edit #2: working on this next
didactshoulderandarm.jpg

Looking good! I would suggest though (seeing your several threads pop up) that you stick with one model, finish it, then move on (don't want to become like me, right? lol) I have access to say.... NEARLY EVERY VIDEO GAME MODEL.... but I don't have the time to edit and unfold them (and.... they are all *cough* rips...) so I'd stick with one thing, then move on to another, then before you know it you will have a model portfolio (or at least, a model edit portfolio) that you can create a 4shared account and host all of the files you contributed to.

-Seth

Looking good! I would suggest though (seeing your several threads pop up) that you stick with one model, finish it, then move on (don't want to become like me, right? lol) I have access to say.... NEARLY EVERY VIDEO GAME MODEL.... but I don't have the time to edit and unfold them (and.... they are all *cough* rips...) so I'd stick with one thing, then move on to another, then before you know it you will have a model portfolio (or at least, a model edit portfolio) that you can create a 4shared account and host all of the files you contributed to.

-Seth

thank you Seth. I do feel like I am being pulled in different directions, it is just that the moment the didact stuff has really got me excited here is one of the many projects I got going on besides the didact.

soldier.jpg[/URL

it will probably never get released due to me not feeling like it would be good enough. like I feel of any of the stuff I have modeled or built or wrote. but hey it keeps me entertained. The metal gear stuff i... Probably should have put it here but I made it a threads so that others could see it

thank you Dylan. I will heed Seths' advice and finish what I have been working on. It makes no sense to start other projects even as excited as I am about them.

here is a progress pic on the soldier chest.
soldierwip.jpg

soldierwip2.jpg

this is all me. I think it is a big difference from the last post.

edit:
started on the back piece, it looks funky but, working it some more will bring out the details
added the pouches to the chest

soldierwip3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back