File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Crimmson, I made some 'slight' mods to your Destiny autorifle model >:D

http://imgur.com/a/a7MFR

That looks great Serin. What do you use to render your models? Have you worked any on the other rifle? I plan modeling a complete titan from head to toe, texture it and add bones. Which it will be a big learning curve for me.

Sorry no updates....for now. Destiny and work have kept me busy. I already ran through destiny and beat it. Work ...well it sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the renderer built into Blender really.. Nothing that special. Haven't really done my research into that subject.
And nah, nuked my printers mobo the other day so all progress on making things, your other rifle amongst them, has stopped unfortunately.
Got a replacement but I just need some time away from Uni to write the firmware for it then I'll be back to making stuff.

Ohh shiny, I've been pretty enamoured with the Titan gear so far, defs thinking about making some in the future.

Hello again Crimmson. I was still wondering if you have the URL for the Halo 4 Infiltrator Shoulders pdo.
I was also wondering if you have pdo files for the Halo 4 Gugnir and Aviator torsos.

Once again, Cheers.

Hey crimson!
I was wondering if you are or plan on doing any of the armor permutation's from the halo 2 anniversary. Either the Marine or ODST armor sets as they are pretty bad ass and look a lot like the ones that were used in Halo wars which I thought were by far the coolest armor sets in the game. if you need I could try and scrounge up some screen shots from the cut scenes for reference of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Hello again Crimmson. I was still wondering if you have the URL for the Halo 4 Infiltrator Shoulders pdo.
I was also wondering if you have pdo files for the Halo 4 Gugnir and Aviator torsos.

Once again, Cheers.

here is the obj as i dont think any one has unfolded them yet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/vg4j91jgffjh4el/H4_INFLITRATOR_SHOULDER.obj

Hey crimson!
I was wondering if you are or plan on doing any of the armor permutation's from the halo 2 anniversary. Either the Marine or ODST armor sets as they are pretty bad ass and look a lot like the ones that were used in Halo wars which I thought were by far the coolest armor sets in the game. if you need I could try and scrounge up some screen shots from the cut scenes for reference of what I'm talking about. Thanks.

sorry, i am not working on them. i dont think i even remember what they look like.

Hello Crimmson. if you have free time, can you remove the floating faces from the mantis?
i will what i can do, at the moment i am working on some of the stuff nintendude posted here and at other forumns, he posted the original file that him and shakotay(i think that how you spell it) worked on. he doesnt realize that the extra faces inside the helmet are the basic building blocks to make several different helmets, bungie in a video that they uploaded a while back stated that that is how they make the different helmets, so essentially we now have some of those same building blocks our selves. i will get a pic uploaded soon. i have the pieces seperated on my laptop but i left it a work and i have to start over. but i dont mind as it got me excited enough to get back into 3d modeling. i have had an enough of a hiatus. talk to you guys and gals soon. and sorry i havent been active for a while.

all right here are some pics of what i mentioned earlier. i hope to assemble as many as possible with the amount of pieces we have available. and maybe add the missing pieces from scratch(i hope)

as you can see everything intersects and has at least one vertice attached to everything else. i cut the model down the middle to make it easier to work with.
aegisdestiny.jpg

aegisdestiny3.jpg

aegisdestinyback.jpg

aegisdestiny4.jpg

simple pep test, just out of habit to check for extra and open faces
aegisdestinypeptest.jpg

aegisdestinypeptestback.jpg

here is the video of what i mentioned earlier
http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020412/Building-Customizable-Characters-for-Bungie
you can go through it all, which to me it was extremely interesting, or you can start at the gear system. you can pick from the menu

thank you Bungie, @DestinyDBHunter (nintendude, shakotay2, cra0)

edit: start at the mash up menu

Wow the way Bungie made the helmets is really odd to me. Maybe its just me though. Do you know if Exotic helmets are the same way, or would they just be one model since they dont have several different variants? Like the Light Beyond Nemesis for example (Warlock exotic Helmet with the Batman esque wing-ear-things).

Heya Crimmson, I was just wondering if you have any of the Exo heads from Destiny?? I'm kinda really tempted to make one for wear underneath the Titan helmet I'm working on!

Heya Crimmson, I was just wondering if you have any of the Exo heads from Destiny?? I'm kinda really tempted to make one for wear underneath the Titan helmet I'm working on!

sorry i do not have one made or available.

finishing up the reach odst set i started a while back, seems like i am wandering about from project to project with out finishing them( Seth would probably scold me about this. where are you Seth hope everything is all right)
i remodeled the chest piece adding details and straightening out faces. then i mesh welded it to the front of the reach chest which i have been working on. i split it in half front to back so that when built the front half is removable.
i remodeled the shoulder piece as well and mesh welded all three pieces into one. adding a lot of details hope you guys and gals like the changes i made. any ways onto pics.
the helmet i removed the top piece i like it better this way, if you dont i think i all ready uploaded it

original
reachodstoriginal.jpg

REACHODSTSET.jpg

REACHODSTSETSIDE.jpg

reachodstpeptest.jpg

this is what i meant by split
reachodstchest2.jpg

i bunched everything together for ease of pics and that way the pic count is low. what do you guys, gals and other think? is this pepable

That looks really really nice, great work :)

thank you.

here is the halo reach odst which i have remodeled, cleaned up, mesh welded and unfolded. i pulled it me self it is unfolded to 177mm height, about 7inches tall. i have a plain one with no extra details, but it isnt unfolded. i'll unfolded it if someone wants it.

reachodstshoulder.jpg

link pdo:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9j652532jj4h2nf/reach_odst_shoulder2.pdo

copy right bungie, non profit use only

i will start on the chest here soon

working on the halo reach chest. i am satisfied with the amount of detail cut into it. i remodeled it, aligned alot of face and mesh welded the odst chest to the front of this sucker ,yeah! now which dimensions do i use as input before i hit the magic unfold button. i probably will use what fits me though, if no one chims in, i am build like brick ****house. just not as tall, but i figure it will probably fit alot of people. the front ab plate is separate from the chest as is the spine pieces. now alot of people have stated that this causes or might cause scaling issues. but i guess i will be the peppa pig(my 3 year olds favorite cartoon and she starting to speak with a slight english accent)

reachodstchestunfolded.jpg

reachodstchestunfoldedback.jpg
well this is going to have to wait. i got to go take my daughters picture with Santa. i probably take one with him to, awkward.

edit: i was looking through the halo 3 odst files i have and i saw that there is 3 different left shoulders but i only ever see the one that ever one builds. hmmmm going to have to rectify that. soon both Mickey and Romeo have two distinctly different ones.

halo3odstshoulders.jpg

Merry Christmas or happy holidays or good day if you prefer. daughters went crazy town on their gifts. i swear i knew my daughters, they kept switching gifts after they opened them, sheeesh. well they are happy at least.

the halo reach odst chest is done and unfolded. it was fun and tedious. what do you guys and gals think? i hope some one has a use for this if not o'well. remember to edit the flaps on the pieces that are in the inside if you dont plan to use them. that way you dont have to cut off any flaps

haloreachodstchest.jpg

link thingy:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8qj0hypdhuhb4j/reach_odst_chest2.pdo

remember non profit use only, copyright bungie

I have been successful with some of the files thanks to ninetendude, shaotay and crao's work. I have been able to get some of the models and started mesh welding and cleaning them up, they aren't pep ready yet as a lot of the faces are aren't straight flat etc. here is what I have been working on.

destinycowlofthehezenlord.jpg
this one is about 75% ready

destinyskullofahamkara.jpg
so is this one. I think I will build this one

destinylightbeyondnemesis.jpg
I know someone requested this one I just cant remember who.

destinyhelmets.jpg

destinyhelmetspeptest.jpg
you guys have no idea how bad the multiple meshs intersect. it is a nightmare but, but one I am willing to repeat over and over
this is going to be epic. later haters

Those look great! Could I request the Light Beyond Nemesis and the Cowl of the Hezen Lords? I can also unfold the others. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back