File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit more cut in. got to go though as I need to get ready for work. I start my night week tonight. enjoy.
soldierwip4.jpg

edit: going to have to redo the high lighted area. found high res pic and it doesn't look the same or close but I do like it though.......sigh.......sigh live and learn

soldierwip5.jpg

You are doing REALLY GOOD at creating your own models, and don't worry about the possibility of being 'not good enough', the early halo reach files were.... let's just say.... lacking in some key areas, but people were able to make up for what they lacked in creative ways, so if there is anything that might go wrong with your files, there's going to be someone willing to think through it and make it perfect (that is, if you don't already make the model perfect, which it's looking.... except..... the pouches, don't pep the pouches, but make a separate model of the pouches so they can be made out of craft foam and attached (at least I think those pouches aren't composite, and if they were, they would be cases :p ).

Good work as always Crimmson! :)

-Seth

here is a pic for you all
1078954_656152784412571_440364973_o.jpg

Thank you Crimmson and spartansonny for the model and the pep work. Cant wait to see how people turn it out, and maybe even myself at another time.

thank you abyisz.

seth I know what you mean. I just got something else dropped on me look below at pics.
a little care package....hhhhhmmmmm courtesy of cyloneproject
scout I believe... male and female
halo4scoutmaleandfemale.jpg

elite all of these were stacked on top of each other their might be more.
link: http://www.mediafire.com/?67uh5ru2fuqed5y
halo4elite.jpg

marine
halo4marine2.jpg

edit:1
sarah palmer, chief and scout. I think I put the wrong chest on the wrong model you figure it out which is which. ha ha ha.....blink blink derp
edit:2
I actually think that it is the recruit armor, chief and sarahs. sorry.
PALMERCHEIFSCOUT.jpg

don't know how this got in their. halo reach Spartan armor they are stacked on top of each other I believe it is all of them.
halo4marine.jpg

more to come
link thingy for palmer chief and scout. it is about 4 mbs. if anyone else wants to play with these have at it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?grb5x9p5rdp9vbb

Yes! Marine and Scout/Palmer's armor! If anyone separates the scout and the marine stuff I could unfold. Not everything but some.

I would clap, but I've seen these/have these already (zombiegrimm first posted these). You really need to pick one, then go from there, you are doing well, but you need to focus on your original modelling, as that is the best thing you can learn when dealing with 3d models for pepakura.

-Seth

(p.s. Not hating, just hoping you don't go overboard and never get back to actual modelling, because I'm envious of your skill already :p ).

I would clap, but I've seen these/have these already (zombiegrimm first posted these). You really need to pick one, then go from there, you are doing well, but you need to focus on your original modelling, as that is the best thing you can learn when dealing with 3d models for pepakura.

-Seth

(p.s. Not hating, just hoping you don't go overboard and never get back to actual modelling, because I'm envious of your skill already :p ).

no need for envy, I don't even rate on a scale of 1-1000 not hating on myself just being honest but thank you. I am just making sure that these are available for people. I didn't see some of these in the package I got from zombie's thread. I will stick to my guns and finish the soldier first and then move on.

this is only the character folder and not the rest. the folder on the right is the original from zombie, the left is the new stuff.
aaaa.jpg

ok . so this is the sixth time I restart the soldier armor. I keep learning more and more each day, from how to model something to how it is placed on the 3d plane. I am definitely happier with this version

SOLDIERWIP6.jpg

something else I have been working on at the same time. I know I know Leo one project at a time but, I really learnt a lot from building this, and I mean a lot. it is not 100% percent still need to finish the back of the helmet. this is all me on this as well.

PIONEER1.jpg

PIONEER2.jpg
the forehead area was how can I put it. well I cant use that language here, but it was a lot of fun.
what do guys and gals think. eh. first helmet build.

this is the only useable reference pic I could find and it took me a long time to find it. so I am posting it. maybe we should start a hi res reference picture thread for halo 4 armor hmmmm......
Halo4_Pioneer-HP.jpg

alright as I said I would. I went all the way back to the beginning of this thread looked at the projects I started and made a plan. the forerunner model will wait until I am ready to finish it. skills lacking and further planning. the odst concept helmet is where I have started. so here we go.

new concept picture for reference
halo4odst.jpg
model had been started a while back knocked the dust off and went to town. all though I had all ready made a lot of changes before I snipped this pic of my comp.
halo4odstconcept-1.jpg

back side. now this is a concept picture I used so the back was left completely up to me.
halo4odstback.jpg

side
halo4odst2.jpg

3/4 front left nearly done
halo4odstconcept2.jpg

pep test. checking for open faces in pep
halo4odstpeptest.jpg

what do you guys think
halo4odst-1.jpg

side view
halo4odstside.jpg

edit 1 :
well I will have to redo the backof the helmet as I did not pay attention to the pics I was staring at. derp back is clearly shown here.
halo4odstconcept.jpg

and this is what I modeled

halo4odstbackconcept.jpg

I must say... There is waaaaaay too much for me to comment on, so I'll refrain from stocking up another post with tons of images.

Crimmson, excellent work, man. I love the way you were able to model some of these from concept art and images with excellent precision, such as the Soldier torso, Prefect armor concept, and I swear that the Pioneer helmet looks so much more detailed than the original in-game model! Nice work on getting some of these pep-ready, too.

I had a question, as everyone who has played around with the assets recovered from the game still have yet to acquire complete data for the multiplayer armor (apart from Recruit and Scout), would you be willing to take requests for armor models? I'm thinking Enforcer, Mk VI, Mk V, ODST (shoulders, torso, arms and legs), Prefect, and the cut Hayabusa design, to name a few.

From the Infinity armor pack, I realized that certain parts about the ODST helmet were really bugging me, mostly because of the excessive smoothness and lack of detail it should've recieved, as well as the chin-guard appearing too much like a Recruit helmet.

But back to what I've said before, you're doing awesome work. Kudos, yo. Kudos indeed.

I must say... There is waaaaaay too much for me to comment on, so I'll refrain from stocking up another post with tons of images.

Crimmson, excellent work, man. I love the way you were able to model some of these from concept art and images with excellent precision, such as the Soldier torso, Prefect armor concept, and I swear that the Pioneer helmet looks so much more detailed than the original in-game model! Nice work on getting some of these pep-ready, too.

I had a question, as everyone who has played around with the assets recovered from the game still have yet to acquire complete data for the multiplayer armor (apart from Recruit and Scout), would you be willing to take requests for armor models? I'm thinking Enforcer, Mk VI, Mk V, ODST (shoulders, torso, arms and legs), Prefect, and the cut Hayabusa design, to name a few.

From the Infinity armor pack, I realized that certain parts about the ODST helmet were really bugging me, mostly because of the excessive smoothness and lack of detail it should've recieved, as well as the chin-guard appearing too much like a Recruit helmet.

But back to what I've said before, you're doing awesome work. Kudos, yo. Kudos indeed.

thank you Koshima07. on the pioneer I need a side view of the helmet in order to finish it out, but I can not find one online and I don't know how to get it of the xbox . so it will remain unfinished for now, it looks weird to me though, I don't know. I will keep going down the line of stuff I started and not finished due to time, inattention or found something shinier that caught my eye.

on the asset pack. I work on them when I can. or when I get stumped on the model I am working on I go to them to get a fresh view or see how they figured out how to model something.
the helmet on the left is cleaned up and seamed together but not detailed or has the details modeled into it. the chest is seamed and in process, the helmet on the right is the latest one I am trying to clean up for pep. these belong to Microsoft, 343 etc.
halo4asset.jpg

as far as requests go, I don't think that my skills are there yet, people really hold you to the fire when it comes to halo models. what most people don't realize is that most models are generic and have little detail actually modeled into them verses the actual in game file.

example for those who never seen what I talking about. didact asset untouched
didact0.jpg

didact in game.
didactcghub.jpg

unless you have skills like jtm http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...admau5-Scout-and-daft-punk-helmet-peps/page16, for those of you who haven't seen his models you are really missing out, or ms7, lex, ruze. yeah hulk green with envy.
if you have any new armor pics please post here. I can use all the reference possible

Any progress on anything?

Yes there is some progress but I am not home, I have been working 16 hr days and next week I will be in Trinidad Colorado for training. The odst helmet is almost done although I am not to happy with the sides I might remake them, also I am test peping the didact and it is fun to the point where I will probably change some things in the model to make it more friendly

IMAG0496.jpg
Top left didact. These crevices in the model look nice but pepinig it is.... Well a pain in the

IMAG0497.jpg
I had to modify the flaps after I cut the pieces out, by adding an extra fold manually to the flap before gluing together not fun.

To all the modellers out there past and future that provide pep files, that have been doing this for a while I salute you. And thank you.

Not sure if you saw my reply in the Halo 4 Pep thread, but I've got the screen shots for you in my recent screenshots and my fileshare for the Soldier chest and Pioneer helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back