File it under Crimmson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Obsidian Mind has been unfolded, and it's available here, via the link in my signature, and in the on-site fle archive.

The Obsidian Mind has been unfolded, and it's available here, via the link in my signature, and in the on-site fle archive.

thank you @Zaff. also i started a warlock charactor slot, i have to admit that i like it and might even prefer it over the titan. to early to say for sure though. i have been getting alot of more engram drops than with the titan hhhmmm.... you have to play differently with the warlock than with the titan that is for sure. hope to do a raid with you guys. i still havent done either the vog or crota.

crypticdragon.jpg

the weapon i called up is the cryptic dragon. as you can see it pulled everything for a scout. wierd because if you look at the thorn it didnt call up all of the hand cannons.

thorn.jpg

also for the most part the weapons aren't double walled(solidified in blender) and they are pretty much a solid mesh. extremely wonderful news. now the bad news sort of, when the files are opened in blender( i haven't tried any other 3d editing program) you have to search for the model in the world view, they are imported so big that you have to scale them down, zoom out and look around for it. i have given up on a few and went to something else. once you do a couple of times it is not that much of and inconvenience. if you know a short cut please let me know. i will import them into 3ds max to see if it any difference.

now check this out. the fruits of the labor of the night. nothing has been cleaned up in this pack only the raw files.

destinymodelpack.jpg

raw model: not unfolded, mesh welded.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s210t9d579j6hi/armada_type_3.zip

copyright bungie, nonprofit only

Ha ha ha ha derp. comb the desert, we aint found ..... oops wrong franchise.

warlockbighead.jpg

how fun would it be to have a big head mode in destiny, lets start a petition.

I've actually been more bold with my Warlock than with the Titan. Mainly because Titan's are slow, and they don't fly so well. Better than Hunters, still, but not the aerialists Warlocks can be. That and neither of my other characters have as good of equipment.

The scout rifle looks like the illegitimate child of every scout rifle and the Plan C. And the bighead makes me want a Warlock bobble-head. lol.

I've actually been more bold with my Warlock than with the Titan. Mainly because Titan's are slow, and they don't fly so well. Better than Hunters, still, but not the aerialists Warlocks can be. That and neither of my other characters have as good of equipment.

The scout rifle looks like the illegitimate child of every scout rifle and the Plan C. And the bighead makes me want a Warlock bobble-head. lol.

with the secondary subclass on the titan i can fly pretty much like a warlock. on the equipment i i get more engram drops with the warlock. i also give all the engrams i get from the the titan to the warlock to rank up. i think the weapons will be on hold for a while maybe the thorn as it is extremely popular, i looked at it and it appears to be in about four pieces just from a quick look though.

maybe we can get the ups store to print them out (dont mean to advertise), https://www.theupsstore.com/small-business-solutions/Pages/3D-printing.aspx

also check this out.
young ahamkaras spine

youngahamkarasspine.jpg

i had to sift through so many faces and vertices, it isnt funny, just to get to the spine.
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6d72ts71n1nadpa/young_ahamkaras_spine_3.obj

you guys now the drill.it was a pain in the.... to mesh weld clean etc. it looks deceivingly simple. the finished product doesnt look that complex, but getting their is another story.not hard just a pain due to the way the file is extracted.

monitor type 2 titan chest
monitortype2titanchest.jpg
i kept the detail a happy medium. i feel that the remaining details would have tiny folds. better made with foamies and easier.
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d53dzq5fv1owm40/monitor_type_2_titan_chest_2.obj

copyright bungie, nonprofit only

here is the leg armor. the spike on the back of the shin i simplified it alot. really the only piece to make on the shin is the spike as the the rest is pretty easy, and part of it is leather i believe. i included the boot armor with it as well.
thigh armor
armadatype3thigharmortitan.jpg

not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2v31gutq5cvy83x/armada_type_3_thigh_armor_titan.obj

knee armor
armadatype3kneetitan.jpg
it looks the same as the hand plate just upside down/ downside up.
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lc6p44p9xd03su6/armada_type_3_knee_armor_titan.obj

shin armor
armadatype3shinandbootarmortitan.jpg
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/52uuvu82dy6v4u5/armada_type_3_shin_and_boot_armor_titan.obj

and this should be all of the armada type 3 armor with the exception of the chest. i am trying to show up right in blender. for now the monitor should do just fine.

copy right bungie non profit only.

here is the titan full
armadatype3titan.jpg

and what i will be working on next

warlock sunsinger chest, sunsinger leg, tengu operant arm and hood of the exile helmet, i think this is correct.

warlock.jpg

warlockback.jpg

and no they dont extract like this i scaled the models so that they look like the player model

now if only i could figure out how to merge the models with these files. hhmmm.
hmmmdestiny.jpg

i figured out how to get the models to show up in blender quite easy now. also, there is this, the files arent being extracted as true stl files at all. they have no thickness at all, in fact it is the female version of the file that is underneath the male. it just appeared as though it was an stl file. i rushed to conclusions and overlooked this. now what to do with this information. there is a saying that knowledge is power, but i disagree. the true power comes in knowing how to apply it.

oh.jpg

ok so a request came in from @Tobymcm251 for me to show how i do this. i am not the best, and i definitely take artistic freedom when needed. let me begin that it is a different process for everyone. this is just how i am comfortable doing this. now you can boolean join the intersecting models i believe to get the same effect, same results. i dont know for sure as i dont know how to use boolean join. any ways i normally start by deleting all the unneeded face, get them out of the way. i end up with this:

logic singer warlock chest male:
logicsingerwarlockwantedpieces.jpg

i have two faces that are intersecting through each other. i select one line at a time, then switch over to vertice and deselect the visible vertice
logicsingerwarlockintersectingfaces.jpg

this is what it looks like in perspective view. you can see through the faces if you zoom in enough.
logicsingerwarlockintersectingface2.jpg

next i click g button twice, to move the vertice along the line until it just breaks the surface of the face
logicsingerwarlockverticetofaceedge.jpg

i repeat for all four side or how ever many. this case four
logicsingerwarlockverticetofaceedge2.jpg

i then create a new face. the top most edge is the new edge of the face that is being intersected
logicsingerwarlocknewface.jpg

repeat for the top
logicsingerwarlocknewface2.jpg

now i connect the vertices creating an other new face, but notice how it creates a new line at the bottom(near the red arrow) across the face of the other face. that is the new edge there.
logicsingerwarlocknewface3.jpg

repeat once more

logicsingerwarlocknewface4.jpg

now the fun scary part delete the old faces, or original interested faces. and you are left with a big old gap every where. make sure you save often. also remembering what the model looked like before helps.
logicsingerwarlockdeleteoldface.jpg

now fill it all in. if you notice the new faces(normals) are flipped. if you leave them they will show up in pepakura as darker gray faces mixed with the white. you can click a(select all) then click ctrl n(to recalculate outside faces) or select the wanted faces and then go to mesh ,normals and click flip normals
logicsingerwarlockfillinfaceflipnormals.jpg

and here it is the intersected faces are mesh welded

logicsingerwarlockfacesmeshwelded.jpg

here is the backside
logicsingerwarlockfacesmeshweldedbackside.jpg

i know it is short and sweet but, but, when you repeat this process for every single intersecting face that you want to make solid it is not quite so simple any more. especially when some of the models are so complex. you have to make decisions as to which face vertice get deleted. would the model work that way in pep, etc all this comes from just doing it. there really isnt anything i can teach on how to do this artistically. once you have a solid model then you start editing it by adding details, straightening out face, making them flat etc. hope this helps

a perfect example of mesh welding plus artistic freedom is this
logicsingerwarlocktopshoulder.jpg

this is top left back shoulder strap where it connects to back. you have to mesh weld it but it will leave a weird gap on the inside. we would have to mesh weld and fill it in at the same time, in order to make the model "work" we will change it just a bit but also try to make it look the part. this is where you would use you artistic ability to form this.

with the secondary subclass on the titan i can fly pretty much like a warlock. on the equipment i i get more engram drops with the warlock. i also give all the engrams i get from the the titan to the warlock to rank up. i think the weapons will be on hold for a while maybe the thorn as it is extremely popular, i looked at it and it appears to be in about four pieces just from a quick look though.

maybe we can get the ups store to print them out (dont mean to advertise), https://www.theupsstore.com/small-business-solutions/Pages/3D-printing.aspx

what about printing?

what about printing?

i had mentioned to Zaff that maybe we could get you to 3d print the bobble head warlock, but i edited the post and changed it to what you quoted.
how have you been? havent seen you here for a while, any new projects?

awhile back i had posted that i would model the whole titan, then learn how to make it into a player model say for gmod or animation. well now i have the models so now i guess it is time to learn how to add bones, add a script to the model and compile it. if nothing else just for posing atleast. these have been separated male from female. yet.

destinycharacters.jpg

I'll give it a shot. Unfolding ponies. That's going to be a new one for me. lol.

Hey Crimmson,

any chance that you might be able to mod the Titan helmet to reflect Lord Shaxx, the Crucible Handler?

I'll give it a shot. Unfolding ponies. That's going to be a new one for me. lol.

thank you @Zaff

Hey Crimmson,

any chance that you might be able to mod the Titan helmet to reflect Lord Shaxx, the Crucible Handler?
Gilmortar i can see, maybe. maybe we can use the molniya type 2 as the base.
edit: the more i look at reference pics on the netz the more i believe that it is the molniya type 2 helmet. find me a back pic of the helmet. please

here is the will breakers resolve titan chest, mesh welded etc

willbreakersresolvechesttitan.jpg

willbreakersresolvechesttitanback.jpg
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i46eahow44kf1c1/willbreakers_resolve_chest_armor_titan_2.obj

the logic singer warlock chest. maybe someone can use this, dont know, but you never know

front
logicsingerwarlockchestfront.jpg

logicsingerwarlockpeptest.jpg
not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g0aw2fdl3rhh6fh/logic_singer_warlock_chest.obj

copy right bungie, non profit

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Crimmson,

@Gilmortar ,i dont have a rear pic to go with. i used the molynia type 2 titan helmet and moded it quite a bit. hope you like.

lord%20shaxx%20custom%20titan%20helmet.jpg

lord%20shaxx%20custom%20titan%20helmet%20left%20side.jpg

lord%20shaxx%20custom%20titan%20helmet%20back.jpg

not unfolded:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ckt2osap8d6w7ab/molniya_type_2_titan_shaxx_helmet_.obj

i think i am going to change my on screen name to not unfolded: ha, just kidding dont change my name.

edit 2:

on this version i decimated the faces considerably, so it has alot less faces and simpler.
lord%20shaxx%20custom%20titan%20helmet%20decimated.jpg

not unfolded:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e6uccs866uc14oc/molniya_type_2_titan_shaxx_helmet_2_.obj

The ponies are deceptively complex. Might take a bit longer than I had thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back