Spartan Ops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshima07

So some big news as of yet, peoples! It turns out that the beloved Office of Naval Intelligence has decided to put a hit order out on Dr. Halsey, and that Palmer lady is ordered to carry it out.

Here's the preview trailer,

UPDATE!!!:
Here's Spartan Ops Episode 9: Key

Now, DISCUSS!!! :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
So we find out that Dr. Halsey finally meets the Librarian AI, Jul 'Mdama is still a little weeney, and that Sarah Palmer is the only Spartan in Halo 4 who can duel wield. And in the usual HI:SO spirit, we're left with another cliffhanger!

Also, did anyone know that 'Mdama is voiced by the same actor who portrays Fireteam Majestic's Squad Leader?

possible Chief encounter in the next episode would be cool

I dunno, I think a Chiefers encounter would be too soon, but you never know. 343i was also open to keeping Blue Team and the 3's from Onyx in the universe, so if there's anyone who I think warrants another cameo, it's Fred, Linda and Kelly.

It's still called 'dual wield'. Sorry but I really, really freak out when I see native english speaking people messing it up.

As for Chief, yeah it's been too long without giving at least a hint about him. Not mentioning to Halsey that he's returned is an interesting plot point though.
I've seen an interview with 343 that seemed to suggest they're happy with the response to Spartan Ops, so there's a good chance for at least another season - in that case it wouldn't make sense to show Chief just yet. But it'd still be cool if he appeared at the end, saving the day :)

It's still called 'dual wield'. Sorry but I really, really freak out when I see native english speaking people messing it up.

As for Chief, yeah it's been too long without giving at least a hint about him. Not mentioning to Halsey that he's returned is an interesting plot point though.
I've seen an interview with 343 that seemed to suggest they're happy with the response to Spartan Ops, so there's a good chance for at least another season - in that case it wouldn't make sense to show Chief just yet. But it'd still be cool if he appeared at the end, saving the day :)

Ah, I apologize, damned Iphone had me on autocorrect.

Spartan Ops, or as I like to call it "Crimson Push That Button!" I kid, I kid. Spartan Ops is my favorite multiplayer mode. In fact, it's pretty much the only one I play. I like wokring together with team mates instead of against them. The constant reuse of old environments can get old, but I understand that they are limited in what they can use, we are getting the missions for free, and they've been much better in the second half of this season than they were in the first half. The "Invasion" episode was the best for me so far. New environments, a closer connection to the story (which is was something else that I felt lacked in the first half, you'd get this awesome cut scene and then it felt like the missions had a certain disconnect from that story and was simply "Crimson, Push that button.")

An aside to that point, anybody else make a drinking game out of Spartan Ops? Taking a Drink or a Shot every time you're told to push a button or someone says "Eggheads" or "Hinge-heads?"

An aside to that point, anybody else make a drinking game out of Spartan Ops? Taking a Drink or a Shot every time you're told to push a button or someone says "Eggheads" or "Hinge-heads?"

I drink whenever Palmer makes me want to hate her.... Which admittedly is a lot.

Spartan Ops, or as I like to call it "Crimson Push That Button!" I kid, I kid. Spartan Ops is my favorite multiplayer mode. In fact, it's pretty much the only one I play. I like wokring together with team mates instead of against them. The constant reuse of old environments can get old, but I understand that they are limited in what they can use, we are getting the missions for free, and they've been much better in the second half of this season than they were in the first half. The "Invasion" episode was the best for me so far. New environments, a closer connection to the story (which is was something else that I felt lacked in the first half, you'd get this awesome cut scene and then it felt like the missions had a certain disconnect from that story and was simply "Crimson, Push that button.")

While it usually felt like Crimson was always getting "The Button", which I dub the new 'Finger', the missions did remind me of how friggin' huge the Storm Covies really are as a force. In all honesty, I have never had so much fun than darting behind them all and either assassinating Grunt, Jackals and Elites, or having a fistfight with 6 Hunters all at once on Legendary Difficulty. I recommend that challenge to any hardcore Halo fan.

I've had a few already, xD

I drink whenever Palmer makes me want to hate her.... Which admittedly is a lot.

Hell, I drank even when I tried playing Mass Effect 3 as FemShepard! And they share the same voice actress, who also appeared in Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, where she wasn't as bitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back